Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

Saltydogz
03.18.2012 , 09:04 PM | #1
There is no longer an insane dps spec. Theres not even a decent dps spec.

Sorcerer is now a dead class UNLESS......

You started the sorcerer for the same reason I did. The pretty lightning shooting from your fingertips and feeling the power flow through your body.

We are christmas lights now. We dont actually serve a purpose anymore in pvp/pve.

We just look like we are doing something awesome!

I applied for an arena team today. Heres the conversation:

Terani: "Hi, I would like to join your arena team please."

Team Leader: "What class are you, gear, valor?"

Terani: "I am a 01/13/28 spec sorcerer who consecutively plays well in WZ's most the time."

Team Leader: "Ahhh a sorcerer you say? Sorry you serve no viability for us after 1.2 patch. We want to win, do you mind rerolling Marauder???"

Terani: "Seriously? I love my sorcerer I have put over 250+ hours into her. What about her white crystal paid 2.5 million for? Or her valor 65 mount thats being removed from the game at 1.2? IF I reroll marauder I will never have these items. I just want to cry."

Team Leader: "Sorry buddy, I didnt think you guys were OP honestly because I rick rolled 60% of the 70% of sorcs in WZ's. Be positive though, take a step back and you will laugh out loud alongside all of us that didnt roll a sorcerer."

Terani: "Thank you anyways. Guess forum trolls are right since this is so funny to them that 70% of the playerbase was just told their class is now the least wanted choice for pve or pvp. My options are reroll, quit, or stick with my sorcerer and enjoy my daily dirt naps."

RIP Sorcerer. I loved the lightning. I will log on to look at you occassionally and remenince on what you once were.
-= XaNaToS =-
-=BLacKDeaTH=-

Terminmz
03.18.2012 , 09:07 PM | #2
I agree with this completely...here I am asking for a slight buff or something and we get merged to hell...look for my post for my thoughts on this garbage...

Saltydogz
03.18.2012 , 09:16 PM | #3
Dont bother as you can look at all my posts to see my actual discussions that just got closed all together and reflected to the "Here all of you cry in this thread so theres less tears for us to mop off the floor."

Even my post begging to let me switch AC from sorc to assassin at least with a refund of my BM comms and Champ comms.

Assassin isnt broke. Bioware needs to work with us.

Not every sorcerer was doing 450-500k dmg in wz. Most avg. 150-280k.

The best of us pushed 500k. The best of us is not the rest of us.

It was bound to happen though when 70% of the wz was sorcs. That means 7 out of 10 deaths suffered was at the hands of a sorc. Had it been 70% mercs tracer missle spamming it would have happened to them.

The true unbalance of this game is the republic side is dead on my server, so I rerolled from my 50 commando which I loved to do a sith sorcerer because at least could pvp 24/7 almost against sith still lol. Now that class is toast, and my commando has no one to play with. Go figure.

GG
-= XaNaToS =-
-=BLacKDeaTH=-

Scav
03.18.2012 , 09:43 PM | #4
Yup, time to run around like a headless chicken spamming Force Storm. All the pretty lights. XX
*waves hand* I did not post this.

wwkingms
03.18.2012 , 09:46 PM | #5
they nerfed our alrdy weak talent tree's..

and didnt scratch our terrible 31 pt talents,

or adress that we are the only class without a 2min~ defensive cooldown for crappy situations

so now:

low single target dmg
low aoe dmg
lowest dmg mitigation
lowest health pools
most fked over class by a terrible resolve system
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Saltydogz
03.18.2012 , 09:48 PM | #6
Forcestorm is laughable. 300-400 a hit per person. Even if the entire ops team was in range what a joke.

It does look pretty though when we spam it waiting on wz q to pop.

You can remove the dmg from it, we dont care about it.
-= XaNaToS =-
-=BLacKDeaTH=-

Elrathion
03.18.2012 , 10:23 PM | #7
stop crying ok... I just tested post 1.2 specs and I still hit 400k+ dge n 120k+ heal. Sure dge might drop like 100k but in wzs we still the best. Now 1v1 is another story, but it's clear to me that bio ware is balancing around wz statistics only.

georgelue
03.19.2012 , 12:35 AM | #8
I don't get why sorcs got a nerf.... they had light armor! Sorcs are very easy to kill if you interrupt their heals.

Why can't Bioware just buff other classes to make them good? Do they just have to make classes lamer and lamer?

Thanks Bioware. My favorite long range class is ruined! First I was the easiest to kill, now I'm the weakest!
Noxious Jen'ari
Hardcore │ PVE │ PVP │ PST
Website FAQ Guild HQ

wwkingms
03.19.2012 , 12:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrathion View Post
stop crying ok... I just tested post 1.2 specs and I still hit 400k+ dge n 120k+ heal. Sure dge might drop like 100k but in wzs we still the best. Now 1v1 is another story, but it's clear to me that bio ware is balancing around wz statistics only.
we still the best?

dude i pulled 828k dmg done in a voidstar..

thatll never happen again

i dont want to join warzones to fking aoe anyway

but we lost aoe, we never had single target

this class is in shambles.

free kills
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Scav
03.19.2012 , 01:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
we still the best?
Free kills