Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ask Elrathion

Elrathion
02.15.2012 , 06:03 AM | #1
What the title says..

People pm me alot for questions on how to play different specs, how to beat classes in duels, etc... So I decided to start a thread where people can post their questions.

Ask away!

HelRaza
02.15.2012 , 06:38 AM | #2
What mods are you using post 1.1.3?

CJHN
02.15.2012 , 08:03 AM | #3
who are you?

AcerLerxt
02.15.2012 , 08:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CJHN View Post
who are you?
That's my first one, yeah.
╬ SP€CTR€ ╬
Invitation-Only, Competitive PVP Community
Jung Ma (RP-PVP) Battlemaster Sage

Elrathion
02.15.2012 , 09:06 AM | #5
I'm a long time mmo player.

In wow I was sponsored (Europe-Cyclone) and made it to the top European teams.

Now I'm a long time battlemaster Sage, and I spend my time dueling Sith in Ilum and helping pvp players up their game. Since I've been getting alot of pm's and been spending a lot of time training people win 1v1's, I thought I'd help out by answering in the forums here, so that I can reach more people.

HelRaza
02.15.2012 , 09:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HelRaza View Post
I will ask it again.

Elrathion
02.15.2012 , 09:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HelRaza View Post
Until 290 surge I use crit/surge, after that point I use power/alacrity.
It's a toss-up. I'm not too happy about losing important crit value, on the other hand the surge DR becomes so big that I feel you just can't justify spending more into it.

Luckily we have force potency [3 stacks with stalker pvp armor FTW] which I use every 1.15 mins, so I don't feel the loss of crit THAT much. The increased power and a little faster pebbles/benevolence make it so that you don't feel it that much.

In the end, it makes our bubble last a bit longer too, other classes suffer more.

You can easily get those mods from champion pvp gear, just go to the vendors, they are usually in boots/gloves.

Turando
02.15.2012 , 12:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrathion View Post
Until 290 surge I use crit/surge, after that point I use power/alacrity.
290 is bit high up the new surge diminishing return curve, low to mid 200s seems to be more efficient. (i.e. at 230 surge, you get roughly 22.73% bonus, at 290 you only get 24.98%, thats 60 surge which is likely an additional 2 mods for just 2% bonus).

For DPS Sages Willpower > Power > Everything Else
So WP is still by far are most powerful stat, so all mods, armors, should be using the Resolve mods.

For DPS sages, for enhancements, I would be balancing...
http://www.torhead.com/item/dyXw8Xh/...enhancement-25

Edit: I have was informed the Reflective Enhancement is not in the game any longer.

Elrathion
02.15.2012 , 12:12 PM | #9
It's kind of obvious that everyone would place those reflective enhancements in a heartbeat were they actually in game ;>

Allthough on paper and in schematics power gives the most added benifit, I think end game is all about fast paced encounters and big bursts. If you swap more surge, you also swap more crit (because right now all good players had surge/crit in their pvp gear). I'm unwilling to trade more power for less crit.

Khadroth
02.15.2012 , 12:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Turando View Post
290 is bit high up the new surge diminishing return curve, low to mid 200s seems to be more efficient. (i.e. at 230 surge, you get roughly 22.73% bonus, at 290 you only get 24.98%, thats 60 surge which is likely an additional 2 mods for just 2% bonus).

For DPS Sages Willpower > Power > Everything Else
So WP is still by far are most powerful stat, so all mods, armors, should be using the Resolve mods.

For DPS sages, for enhancements, I would be balancing...
http://www.torhead.com/item/dyXw8Xh/...enhancement-25

and

http://www.torhead.com/item/2ON9qgN/...enhancement-25

(if you can find the reflective enhancement in game)
Yea but that's kind of misinformation. I could make the same claim about 100 Surge being more efficienct than 200... There's no perfect point, it's all gear dependent. Similarly the claim that "oh you only gain 2 more percent for 60 Surge rating" doesn't mean anything without context either... By comparison, crit rating at that level (230-290) would still give you a worse percentage gain for the same rating amount.

So yes prior to 200 Surge gains in leaps and bounds, but only late in the 200's will it really catch up to the other stats (beyond which it's finally worse than the others) in terms of value added. Also, no reflective does not exist anymore.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin