Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats and How They Work

disbeanna
01.11.2012 , 12:36 AM | #11
For Surge rating.. when you say limits at 50%, do you mean mean the bonus limit or overall (base+bonus)? I'm currently at 79.94% ..

Same for crit rating, does that 30% mean the bonus amount or overall?

I am sorry, my English comprehension is not that great ...

sw_dragon
01.11.2012 , 02:38 AM | #12
This is great, thanks!!!

Byle
01.11.2012 , 02:52 AM | #13
Can you explain how willpower affects crit? You said that the bonuses from willpower just stack on top of the bonuses from other stats, but then you said crit won't go over 30%. How does that work if willpower does not affect the DR curves of other stats?

Edit: I just reread the first post again. Is the benefit of willpower linear and crit just capped at 30%?

Thanks

XtremJedi
01.11.2012 , 07:20 AM | #14
Just one bit of feedback really: Things like Shield Chance, Defense, Absorb etc are useful in that they apply to our companions. It might be worth at least pointing out, that some of the stats which may not be directly useful for Sorcs could still be useful for their companions.

X

spellegren
01.11.2012 , 07:24 AM | #15
Does Creeping Death push my crit multiplier beyond the Surge limit?

On my current gear I have 271 Surge, increasing my crit multiplier by 33.27%, for a total of 83.27%. Does that mean that my DoTs and Death Field multiplier is 113.27%, or is it capped because of the limit on Surge?

I would think that a talent would allow the exceeding of stat limits, just want to verify.

Alkerris
01.11.2012 , 07:30 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by disbeanna View Post
For Surge rating.. when you say limits at 50%, do you mean mean the bonus limit or overall (base+bonus)? I'm currently at 79.94% ..

Same for crit rating, does that 30% mean the bonus amount or overall?
I'm pretty sure the OP means that the bonus is limited to 50% Crit bonus damage starts at 50% and the cap for aditional bonus damage is 50%, so if you stacked as much surge as possible you'd end up with just under 100% in total because you can never quite reach the cap.

The cap is just for Crit Rating, which is one of several things than can effect your total Crit Chance. Your total Crit Cahnce is calculated as follows:

5% base + X% based on your Willpower (capped at 30%) + X% based on your Crit Rating (capped at 30%) + Crit chance granted by skills or buffs.

A rough example from what I remember of my own stats (can't log in right now):
5% base crit chance
10% crit chance from having 1500 willpower
13% crit chance from a crit rating of 350
5% crit chance from skills

Total crit chance is approximately 32%. If an operative comes along and casts their 5% buff this increases to 37%. The only parts that are capped are the contributions from crit rating and willpower.

Alkerris
01.11.2012 , 07:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Byle View Post
Can you explain how willpower affects crit? You said that the bonuses from willpower just stack on top of the bonuses from other stats, but then you said crit won't go over 30%. How does that work if willpower does not affect the DR curves of other stats?

Edit: I just reread the first post again. Is the benefit of willpower linear and crit just capped at 30%?

Thanks
From what I understand your total crit chance isn't capped, but the amount of crit chance you can get from willpower and crit rating are separately capped at 30%. The benefit to crit chance of willpower is not linear, but at current realistic values of willpower it is so close to being linear that you can probably ignore the diminishing returns unless you are getting into very intense theorycrafting.

Daellia
01.11.2012 , 08:37 AM | #18
Looks like Alkerris mostly covered it for me. The benefit to a value is only capped from that rating. IE. the benefit from crit rating limits to 30%, but Willpower is on a separate pool for DR. So if you had infinite willpower and crit, you could have 30% crit from both, for 60% total. There is no cap on the benefit from raw percentages (with the obvious exception that you can't have higher than 100% chance in a number of stats, like Crit, Alacrity, and Defense).

Surge just has a base of 0.5 instead of 0. So if you have says 32% crit multiplier from Surge rating, your character sheet would display 0.5 + 0.32 = 82% crit multiplier.

I'll see if I can clarify the OP to include that information. I'll also note defensive stat benefits to companions.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

spellegren
01.11.2012 , 09:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
Looks like Alkerris mostly covered it for me. The benefit to a value is only capped from that rating. IE. the benefit from crit rating limits to 30%, but Willpower is on a separate pool for DR. So if you had infinite willpower and crit, you could have 30% crit from both, for 60% total. There is no cap on the benefit from raw percentages (with the obvious exception that you can't have higher than 100% chance in a number of stats, like Crit, Alacrity, and Defense).

Surge just has a base of 0.5 instead of 0. So if you have says 32% crit multiplier from Surge rating, your character sheet would display 0.5 + 0.32 = 82% crit multiplier.

I'll see if I can clarify the OP to include that information. I'll also note defensive stat benefits to companions.
Got it, thanks!

disbeanna
01.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alkerris View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP means that the bonus is limited to 50% Crit bonus damage starts at 50% and the cap for aditional bonus damage is 50%, so if you stacked as much surge as possible you'd end up with just under 100% in total because you can never quite reach the cap.

The cap is just for Crit Rating, which is one of several things than can effect your total Crit Chance. Your total Crit Cahnce is calculated as follows:

5% base + X% based on your Willpower (capped at 30%) + X% based on your Crit Rating (capped at 30%) + Crit chance granted by skills or buffs.

A rough example from what I remember of my own stats (can't log in right now):
5% base crit chance
10% crit chance from having 1500 willpower
13% crit chance from a crit rating of 350
5% crit chance from skills

Total crit chance is approximately 32%. If an operative comes along and casts their 5% buff this increases to 37%. The only parts that are capped are the contributions from crit rating and willpower.

Thank you so much for the clarification