Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4.0 PVP Madness Sorcerer Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
4.0 PVP Madness Sorcerer Guide

Eksenia
01.05.2016 , 02:47 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetrus View Post
Don't bother with Lightning Strike and definitely don't bother with Shock. Unless you're taking the Skillful tree talent and then...don't do that, either.
Certainly, shock is situationally useful at best (kiting finisher etc) but not use lightning strike? I use it all the time with 4 wrath for instant cast. Especially a combo of FLeech, LS & shock/DF (if available) is a great finisher, even more so if recklessness is available.
Even outside that, it still yields good damage over just using Force Lightning without spending wrath stacks.

Edit: As far as gearing goes, being generally in favour if a balance of damage stats, I roll with 5 alac enhance, 5 crit enhance, 5 crit augs and rest augs in power. This yields me (in 204) 650 alac, 1015 crit and 2322 bonus force dmg. For me, this works really well.

Aetrus
01.05.2016 , 08:33 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Eksenia View Post
Certainly, shock is situationally useful at best (kiting finisher etc) but not use lightning strike? I use it all the time with 4 wrath for instant cast. Especially a combo of FLeech, LS & shock/DF (if available) is a great finisher, even more so if recklessness is available.
Even outside that, it still yields good damage over just using Force Lightning without spending wrath stacks.
The finisher you're talking about is fine. I'm talking about as part of a rotation, there isn't really a point to using it. Yeah, it's instant cast with 4 stacks of Wrath but it still sets off the 1.5 second GCD after using it. This means that unless you're killing someone with it (the finisher you were talking about), Lightning Strike deals about 3k damage on a non-crit in 1.5 seconds. Force Lightning deals about 4.9k IIRC non-crit over 2 seconds. It also gives you Force instead of consuming it, and adds extra damage via Lightning Burns. That makes Force Lightning simply the superior damage dealing option. If you look at any of the top Madness PvE parses on Parsely you'll see they do this - they'll use Lightning Strike about 15 times and Force Lightning about 55 times. Maximizing DPS.
Max Out Your Affection with Aetrus
A'etrus
<Eradication>

S'ynergy
<It's a Little Chewy>

Eksenia
01.06.2016 , 02:46 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetrus View Post
The finisher you're talking about is fine. I'm talking about as part of a rotation, there isn't really a point to using it. Yeah, it's instant cast with 4 stacks of Wrath but it still sets off the 1.5 second GCD after using it. This means that unless you're killing someone with it (the finisher you were talking about), Lightning Strike deals about 3k damage on a non-crit in 1.5 seconds. Force Lightning deals about 4.9k IIRC non-crit over 2 seconds. It also gives you Force instead of consuming it, and adds extra damage via Lightning Burns. That makes Force Lightning simply the superior damage dealing option. If you look at any of the top Madness PvE parses on Parsely you'll see they do this - they'll use Lightning Strike about 15 times and Force Lightning about 55 times. Maximizing DPS.
Oh yes, I know quite well what you mean. I just mean that, when a target begins to close in on low HP, that's when you start pulling out those instant LS/shocks (et cetera) - especially if you have recklessness, to maximize burst before the target either runs away, gets a heal or uses a DCD.

I realize now you meant to disregard LS & shock as part of the rotation; I however didn't at first and thought you meant to disregard them completely.

Colivar
01.06.2016 , 05:20 PM | #44
Is it ever a good idea to use wrath on Crushing Darkness? With 4 stacks of wrath it becomes instant and does a ton of damage. At least at level 40 it seems to do better dps weaving it in between lightning strikes.

Aetrus
01.07.2016 , 05:05 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Colivar View Post
Is it ever a good idea to use wrath on Crushing Darkness? With 4 stacks of wrath it becomes instant and does a ton of damage. At least at level 40 it seems to do better dps weaving it in between lightning strikes.
Demolish is the Crushing Darkness replacement you get at like level 57. So you're using that with Wrath stacks instead of Crushing Darkness because Demolish does exactly what CD does but hits harder.
Max Out Your Affection with Aetrus
A'etrus
<Eradication>

S'ynergy
<It's a Little Chewy>

DomiSotto
01.12.2016 , 01:03 PM | #46
I was wondering, guys, will it make the difference if I rebuild for full alacrity, no crit on level 42? I was thinking that with what I have atm, if I can speed up the dots and the channel, it might be better than trying to boost the crits?
Deal.

KingDeathII
01.18.2016 , 03:39 PM | #47
First, oh wow people still posted in this thread. Also if you are under the level cap, your gear and stats dont matter at all so just do what you want. Leveling is pretty easy in this game so play around with the stats if you want, but dont worry too much about them.

Wimbleton
01.19.2016 , 08:51 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by KingDeathII;8606120
[U
1st possible rotation (Recommended for Crit Spec unranked):[/U] Force Lightning -> Affliction -> Creeping Terror -> Death Field -> Demolish -> Force Leech -> Recklessness -> Force Lightning (stop it after 1 second) -> Unlimited Power -> Force Lightning x2 -> Polarity shift -> Force Lightning x3 and repeat
Can you explain me the reason for not using polarity shift first, and then working in recklessness at the end of the window to shave 11 seconds?

DomiSotto
01.19.2016 , 06:21 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by KingDeathII View Post
First, oh wow people still posted in this thread. Also if you are under the level cap, your gear and stats dont matter at all so just do what you want. Leveling is pretty easy in this game so play around with the stats if you want, but dont worry too much about them.
'Cause we do. Thank you. For the response, and for the tutorial.

Since posting, I have found out that the bolster shaves the alacrity down in this level range, so I cannot impact the length of the casts in any meaningful way by the stats. A pity that, but what can you do. Stacking crit, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling I am doing something.
Deal.

Azuldun
01.21.2016 , 06:07 AM | #50
Does anyone have any pointers to how to kite (or just survive) against Knight/warrior types when you get focused in a 1v1 situation. Between all their dcds and stuns it seems next to impossible to keep them at a distance, let alone to do some dmg back. I know rule no1 is to be discrete in your positioning and "dont invite them to your fat arse to start with" but in some wz's there are those who seem to systematicly come after you and more or less ignore the rest of the team.