The single, most stupid idea, included in every flashpoint

The worst idea in any/every flashpoint is "When you kill the final boss, the quest autocompletes!"

Now, sounds good for those too forgetful to complete a conversation before leaving the instance, only to have a long walk to return after they re-enter. But, who really cares about someone being a fool?

It's absolutely horrible for those that manage kill the boss, but have the whole group die trying. How are we supposed to get back inside to finish our conversation? How do we get our loot? I can't even pick the Q up for an entire day (which sucks enough on it's own).

How About:

I return to q-giver to complete my quest.

I have to complete a final conversation in the instance, to complete the quest.

I have to accept the rewards, before the quest completes.

You know, there are thousands of ways to make it "better". So that heros that die killing their foe are able to return and collect the loot.

Of course, they have time to "fix" things like shockfrozen water to be consumed on use. But how about "fixing" something that'll make the game more enjoyable?

Or, ya know...You could just not die on the last boss.

If you're dying on the last boss all the time, maybe you need to re-evaluate your gear...Or the group.

Just a thought here.

I agree but it is annoying when accidents happen. Like when I am moving Malgus and he decides to do 1 last knockback and I go in the pit. Now my group has to wipe on purpose for no good reason.

Are you guys serious?

The answer to this issue is "don't die"? And you actually went out of your way to make a reply post on that?

That's the definition of DOUCHE.

Now on the matter at hand. It's an obvious bug when ppl can't get the rewards they deserve because they are unable to enter the fp after last boss is dead and a fix is definitely needed. Especially in cases like False emperor when you don't even get the choice to release or not when you fall into the pit.

If you're dying on the last boss all the time, maybe you need to re-evaluate your gear...Or the group.

Just a thought here.

Sorry, we thought the tactic was to throw ourselves at the boss and just beg for mercy. We weren't trying to kill him without dying ourselves. That's some crazy tactics you got, you should write a book on them, or something.

Ok. Clevercloggs. I'm 1 person in 4 in the group. I have control over myself and no-one else. If I die first, and they continue to pound on the boss until the last man drops, then that's what'll happen.

Group's Gear was fine. Group was experienced, but this boss encounter was new. We wanted to see how far we could get him down on our first try. We killed him, and he killed us. It wasn't the player's fault, it's biowares crappy quest autocompletion mechanics that failed us.

Edited by BingDaoGui

You just stated the reason -.-

It's a reason alright but it's not a good one. In many games when the tank dies with the boss at 10-15% due to enrage or whatever, you can still kill the boss and it results in the most epic experience, requiring the other players to use their class to the fullest, kiting, self healing as DPS, tanking as DPS, DPSing as healers, whatever is needed to kill the boss. And it is so rewarding to see him die. With this stupid thing, they have to wipe so I can get loot. In an other game, the could just kill him and I would be able to zone in and loot him.

Just a thought here.

How is that constructive?

There is a serious issue here where people are loosing out on the 1 good drop in a HM flashpoint because of a bugged mechanic. It is not by design obviously because you can have as many attempts as you like on a boss but if one of you dies and the others complete you can't loot.

Customer Service refuse to help with transfer of items to somebody who got locked out at the last minute. I have seen no offical word on this beening addressed. It looks like it is being swept under the carpet. It's a disgrace.

Actually I think enrage timer as a mechanic is stupid, but in your case yes we had the same issue in Taral V and the CSR replied as working as intended. What I am not sure about is the new 1.1.3 patch notes where the Imperial Boarding Party HM Flashpoint notes. It sounds like the same problem but could be different the notes are a bit vague.

Just a thought here.

I am guessing mentalities like these is why these flashpoints are not getting "fixed" anytime soon lol.

/boogle

Are you guys serious?

The answer to this issue is "don't die"? And you actually went out of your way to make a reply post on that?

That's the definition of DOUCHE.

Now on the matter at hand. It's an obvious bug when ppl can't get the rewards they deserve because they are unable to enter the fp after last boss is dead and a fix is definitely needed. Especially in cases like False emperor when you don't even get the choice to release or not when you fall into the pit.

^ This.

**** happens from time to time, players shouldn't get punished for clearing a FP but having bad luck happen to prevent them having rewards for all the work they've done. This is a legitimate concern, the answer should be a way to fix the system that's broke, not to just tell people to "not die".

Honestly, I have no idea why they don't allow you to just use that medical droid to rez while in an FP. They can't put a condition on it that makes it so it won't activate until the entire party is dead? Is making your players run all the way back from the entrance of an FP really worth having your playerbase lose out on loot from a locked out HM FP 'cause of your design?

I think Malgus is really the biggest problem at this time, 'cause of his cheatyface push off the ledge instant death maneuver that he can do. I think they just need to change this so that you respawn dead at the entrance to Malgus' throneroom. At least then someone can run back and rez you after he's defeated.