[PvE Guide] What responsibilities do you have during a Flashpoint?

that bit about healers shouldn't overheal is more important though it can much to easily screw your energy without you ever noticing.

as a rule of thumb, for most content starting the Heal cast when the tank is at 75% is more than enough. almost everything that hits for more could have been avoided or is clearly announced by a red Text or a cast.

(if that isn't standard, in the options you can enable to see all enemy cast bars below their names even without having them targeted)

Tanks perform best when full healed, or at least when the healer maintains cheap buffs and HoT on them.

Watching the fight and waiting the tank lost 1/4 of his health before pressing a key doesn't look like an optimal use of the healer time. When they meet a slow healer, the tanks will trigger their cooldown early despite they're much more expensive than the regular heals (some cooldowns can be used once per pull or once every 2 pulls for instance)

Playing a healer, I don't see how I could run out of energy during pack fights by just healing the tank and the DPS. Healers might be short of energy when they don't use their regenerations powers efficiently, spend efforts to heal themselves from non handled attackers or when they DPS.

Assassins

• Before each encounter, Stealth sap 1 elite mob or higher. (Humanoids only)
  • At the start of each encounter, Whirlwind 1 elite mob or higher.

I would just like to point out that you have not fixed this yet.

This is REALLY a bad idea. Unless you spec into instant whirlwind, assassins are better off removing it completely than they are using it as a CC. Incidentally, there is no longer any instant whirlwind.

If you MUST has something to replace it, then perhaps this:

If the fight is going badly, use Force Stealth to leave combat. If you are the last person alive, and have no damage over time or heal over time effects on you, you will be able to revive the healer so the group can recover more quickly. With practice, you might even be able to revive somebody in the middle of a fight, preventing the wipe completely. The same thing applies to operatives.

Mercs (w/ tracer missile) and jugs usually are on armor debuff duty. Snipers are usually a fill in if those are not available. For snipers it's only worthwhile for boss fights and (arguably) elites. Shatter shot does such poor dps its a dps loss to use all the time on lesser foes. Mercs (w/ tracer) and jugs should have them applied via their normal rotation. Edited by Infalliable

When facing new content, a great tip to avoid too much damage from groups that spawn midway killing trash is to LOS a pull. LOS ex. Entire group stays in room A, and tank goes to room B and aggro then runs back to A with enemies in tow to be DPS. In this kind of pull, kill order is weak to strong from whatever just came in the door. Healers will most likely have to do a few quick and big heals as soon as the tank comes in the door. While this is happening, the spawns will appear and will need to run from room B to A, this gives times for DD to DPS the foes that were already there. Edited by lpez

I will update the OP now with the following changes:

- Assassins Whirlwind taken out of the responsibility list

- Add Merc (Arsenal only) and Jugg debuff to responsibility.

- Operative and Assassin: Vanish + OOC revive when combat revive is on cooldown.

Edited by SpoeMeister

Tanks perform best when full healed, or at least when the healer maintains cheap buffs and HoT on them.

Watching the fight and waiting the tank lost 1/4 of his health before pressing a key doesn't look like an optimal use of the healer time. When they meet a slow healer, the tanks will trigger their cooldown early despite they're much more expensive than the regular heals (some cooldowns can be used once per pull or once every 2 pulls for instance)

Playing a healer, I don't see how I could run out of energy during pack fights by just healing the tank and the DPS. Healers might be short of energy when they don't use their regenerations powers efficiently, spend efforts to heal themselves from non handled attackers or when they DPS.

Depends really on tank. Shadows/sins, due to the problems switch spikiness are better kept filled up. My jugg has enough defensive cooldowns to survive till healer gets their heals of CD :) also really depends on the fight. Sometimes trash pack (5 dogs in mandolin raiders when not CCed can hit stronger than boss :D)

And a question about armor debuffs. Do they stack? If jugg, merc and sniper put their debuffs on the target, will the armor go down by total three debuffs or is the strongest rebuff counted only?

Great information for us "noobs"! This information should have been in the game when it first came out cause I'm sure many, many, MANY subs were lost due to the lack of MMO knowledge! I'm still learning and literally get scared to enter the group finder because of my past experiences and how badly I have been treated by those who knew what they were doing. Not everyone has been mean and kicked me but many have and I have cancelled more than once. Yes I am clueless when it comes to MMO's as many who enjoy this game are and this guide is very helpful so thank you. I joined a guild with my alt and made friends to not have to go through what I did with my main character.

Would like to add a little to the dps kill order:

- Enemies attacking your healer

- Enemy healers

- weak/normal/strong/elite/champion

It doesn't matter what type class they are, if an enemy slips by the tank and goes for the healer, it needs to die first. After that, killing enemy healers will reduce the total damage you have to do throughout the fight, making things go faster.

I'm really glad you found it useful! I've been PUGging almost 90% of my SWTOR carreer and just recently I got into a new guild, low profile but still talented and fun, and I was thinking that I'd share the information I've gotten from pugs to increase our own effectiveness.

I will try and post some more guides that I wrote on these forums as well, as they can all use a good review and thoughts from even more experienced players.

Tomorrow I will update the OP again, as I am now on a smart phone and it's a drag to edit posts.

Depends really on tank. Shadows/sins, due to the problems switch spikiness are better kept filled up. My jugg has enough defensive cooldowns to survive till healer gets their heals of CD :) also really depends on the fight. Sometimes trash pack (5 dogs in mandolin raiders when not CCed can hit stronger than boss :D)

And a question about armor debuffs. Do they stack? If jugg, merc and sniper put their debuffs on the target, will the armor go down by total three debuffs or is the strongest rebuff counted only?

They did stack at some time but was fixed. Only armor debuff per mob.

Same as inspiration doesn't stack.:(

They did stack at some time but was fixed. Only armor debuff per mob.

Same as inspiration doesn't stack.:(

Hopefully I'm wording this clearly: your own applied debuffs don't stack, but you can have more than one per mob.

I can remember clearly seeing both mine and other gunslinger's armour debuffs on operation bosses. That is to say, you can't stack more than one of your OWN debuff, but one mob could have multiple debuffs from multiple players, even the same kind of debuff from the same class.

About it being fixed, the debuffs of some classes (Troopers, Guardians, probably others I've forgotten) were changed from stacks to consistent % for a set amount of time.

multiple % Buffs/Debuffs they are displayed but only one has any effect

Watching the fight and waiting the tank lost 1/4 of his health before pressing a key doesn't look like an optimal use of the healer time.

When they meet a slow healer, the tanks will trigger their cooldown early despite they're much more expensive than the regular heals (some cooldowns can be used once per pull or once every 2 pulls for instance)

thats why i wrote the words Overheal and energy in my earlier post

Healer

Keep tank up to the max

! but do not screwup your Energy on Overheal !

Probably the most important addition for all classes:

Learn your rotation BEFORE you enter a hm 50/55. I cannot tell u how many times i have had a dps (or worse a tank) in a hm 55 who doesn't know there rotation and slows the whole run down to a crawl, also causing wipes.

The excuse "im still learning this class" is NOT good enough. Do some research on the class forums or ask for some advice on the fleet. Dont jump into a hm 55 fp and expect the rest of the group to put up with your fail. For the most part we just wanna get in, get our shiny stuff and ****. No one does hm 55 fps for "fun".