Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 Pve Armorings

Valsy
05.23.2013 , 11:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Azaranth View Post
Great point. I always forgot about the new bolster system.
I also forget about it too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
Speaking of bolster, it's worth mentioning that it's not advisable to mix PvE and PvP item modification in the same item. So if you use, say, PvE armourings in your boots and gloves to get the set bonus, you should use PvE mods and enhancements in those slots as well.
I believe that advice was given for people with low and crappy gear. By not mixing and matching with sh*t gear, you are ensuring that the bolster system gives you the full benefit for either expertise or stats possible. Once your gear surpass'es the bolster limits, which if you have full min maxed partisian or conqeror gear, i don't believe it matters.

My advice would be to try all combinations for your present gear set up. Equip just the armourings and then enter a warzone and check your stats and expertise. Then leave, and enter another warzone with the full lvl 72 piece of gear.

I am far from an expert on bolster, but one thing i have taken away from that system is that it's so confusing and F'd up, don't take anyones advice on it, and check everything yourself. But, as i stated before, my suspicion is that if you have good gear above the minimum threshold of bolster, its not going to matter much.

Gondolindhrim
05.24.2013 , 12:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Valsy View Post
I believe that advice was given for people with low and crappy gear. By not mixing and matching with sh*t gear, you are ensuring that the bolster system gives you the full benefit for either expertise or stats possible. Once your gear surpass'es the bolster limits, which if you have full min maxed partisian or conqeror gear, i don't believe it matters.
In the massive thread about Bolster, there was a yellow post specifically stating that Bolster has separate stat budgets for PvE items and PvP items. *Any* expertise will automatically result in a PvP item flag, which (in theory) will have a negative impact on an item with mostly PvE modifications.

Of course, it's still not a bad idea to test it in practice, because we all know Bolster isn't perfectly refined yet.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | Bao-der | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda