How level-sync kills the game for me

aristrokratie

Have to agree here, Level sync is usually a cool feature but it is also annoying, it makes your character feel weak, as you should have grown strong enough to easily defeat those old foes.

You are strong enough to defeat those old foes.

How do people keep making this argument? Have you tried? Have you actually gone to a lower planet and checked to see what the experience is like?

I have.

It's still stupid easy. Even just a Level 20 shadow running around on Tython is a slaughter. A Level 60 Merc on Nar Shaddaa was a stomp fest. At no point did I feel "weak".

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are strong enough to defeat those old foes.

How do people keep making this argument? Have you tried? Have you actually gone to a lower planet and checked to see what the experience is like?

I have.

It's still stupid easy. Even just a Level 20 shadow running around on Tython is a slaughter. A Level 60 Merc on Nar Shaddaa was a stomp fest. At no point did I feel "weak".

I have, and while it is stupid easy, it is also tedious and annoying...

It now takes just enough time, to be annoying... and games should not be annoying...

I did a full round of heroics when 4.0 dropped, and none since. They are all EASY, but they are not FUN...

There is zero challenge, just boredom...

Nope, I am the kind of guy who turns on the music, does some farming, buys augments and sorts his gear out and then does PvP for the rest of the expac.

The "farming" part is one reason WHY level sync is here... or it would be, if your companion couldn't solo it all anyway...

It is to combat the credit farmers for one... (you being the non-automated version of that) It is also to allow Bioware to put more "new" content on "old" planets, which wouldn't work well without it.

The reality is that for all the ************ about it, all the asking for "optional sync", it is a waste of time. It is here to stay, the future direction of the game clearly depends on it, and the balance and testing that would be required to have it be option would remove time from actual new content.

So frankly it isn't going to become optional...

I did a full round of heroics when 4.0 dropped, and none since. They are all EASY, but they are not FUN...

So... you're complaining that there's too much game in your video game?

You just want to waltz through Heroics, doing nothing and getting rewards.

Thus, the level sync is bad because you actually have to play now... and you don't want to play... you just want rewards... for doing nothing...because doing something is making you do too much.

This sounds okay to you?

Nope, I am the kind of guy who turns on the music, does some farming, buys augments and sorts his gear out and then does PvP for the rest of the expac.

Seriously though, why are you so aggressive? A discussion means that there are at least 2 different opinions, that does not mean I am your enemy :rolleyes:

Having a different opinion doesn't make me aggressive. I'm sorry if you're projecting a fight into our dialogue, I'm certainly not bringing one. I'm just trying to understand how someone could honestly be upset with the level synch. With companions as they are, the game certainly hasn't gotten harder. So the only kinds of people I presumed to enjoy area farming mobs for credits were people that were paid to do so. Guess that makes me wrong about 1.

Have to agree here, Level sync is usually a cool feature but it is also annoying, it makes your character feel weak, as you should have grown strong enough to easily defeat those old foes.

"Grown strong"..

"... old foes"

It sounds you approach this from Roleplaying perspective; Please don't. In most games, TOR included, mob level is a pure game mechanic; it is in no meaningful way present in actual story of your character. Or are you saying that some Sith Lords or Darths etc you killed on Dromund Kas (let's say lvl 15 mobs) are actually somehow vastly inferior in strength to some common pirate mobs you face on Hoth(lvl 40 mobs)?

Earning XP, player level, mob levels..it is all pure game mechanics.

Edited by Stradlin

I cannot do this any longer now, I am forced to do sh** heroics, which are buggy and overfarmed for a ridicilous amount of time to even be able to optimize the equip of my two main chars.

First off you can make a ton of money from doing heroics, especially if you actually bother to learn which ones to do.

Second, it's moronic to do Heroics in public areas where you're fighting against other players for kills or whatever, and those are the quests that tend to be bugged. Seriously, I don't know why you'd bother to even to those. You'd think you'd be smarter enough to realize that. You should only be doing Heroics that are in phases which are the majority of them.

Check this out genius. Believe it or not there are a number of really quick phased Heroics that can be done easily and quickly like the Korriban ones and the Coruscant ones.

Here's an insane idea. If you're brain for whatever reason can't remember what Heroics aren't instanced and what ones aren't maybe oh I don't know write them down.

Why can you not make LS optional so you can activate it if you are in the mood of redoing some quests on a 'difficult'' level

I would highly appreciate if you could just let the players decide wheter they want to spend time doing something or not. I HATE story, I HATE heroics, I quickly farm my credits for my gear and then stay on the fleet until next expac.

Please this is not that hard to do.

Because that's not how MMOs work, and it's not something that you can easily make optional. It would not be an easy thing to do at all. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, but please keep stating your assumptions as facts.

Exactly! If it is such a huge advantage for me, as some claim, I would turn it on anyway, so why not giving me that option?

Why can't it be optional?

Imagine Imps could attack reps at all time. People would complain, some do not likle it. This is why you can turn it on/off (on non pvp servers)

I dislike level sync because it only brings disadvantages without anything in favor of it (for me) so why can't I turn it off?

See above.

I also love the fact that you're only concerned about what's best for you and not the overall population or state of the game.

I have, and while it is stupid easy, it is also tedious and annoying...

It now takes just enough time, to be annoying... and games should not be annoying...

There is zero challenge, just boredom...

Heroics are boring but farming mobs on Corellia is fun?

So... first, and let me just generalize a bit like you did OP, most players don't care one bit about level sync. To the extent that it still allows them to faceroll mobs, and most importantly heroics on lower planets, it has no impact on them whatsoever. And given this reality, level sync is a non-issue. It is, for most, not even relevant now they are using it.

For you OP, and that minority you are speaking for, it is an issue because it is not optional. But since it is of little relevance and has no impact overall, it doesn't require any option at all.

I'm sorry you don't like it. But sadly, your vocal minority, is not going to get their way. Why can I say that confidently? Because level sync is tied to a key mechanic in gaining influence in KoTFE. They will not change that mechanic because of your generalizations.

Having a different opinion doesn't make me aggressive. I'm sorry if you're projecting a fight into our dialogue, I'm certainly not bringing one. I'm just trying to understand how someone could honestly be upset with the level synch. With companions as they are, the game certainly hasn't gotten harder. So the only kinds of people I presumed to enjoy area farming mobs for credits were people that were paid to do so. Guess that makes me wrong about 1.

The point is, I do not like doing heroics.

As farming credits is necessary to be well geared for engame content (in my case pvp)

forcing players to do heroic quests in order to be prepare for it is generally not a good idea.

I do not like questing in general0, I dislike those ''heroics'' even more because I could just hopp into one, pull everything, go downstairs to make myself a coffee, return, bang my head against a wall and when I wake up my companion will have cleared the instance alone...

Apart from the fact that heroics are less efficient credit per hour wise than my ultra farming spot of awesomeness :D

why should I play a game that requires me to do something a lot that I do not like doing only to be able to enjoy awfully balanced pvp because they've spent their money and time develloping story.

Many people have already complained about this new feature, even the ones that this feature was added for.

I am a PvPer. I am poor. I do not have a lot of credits. I do not have the patience to earn credits via the ah.

Until now, I used to farm my credits for augments and gear optimization by killing mobs. I used to go to corellia, farm a day and buy my stuff from the credits I earn there.

I cannot do this any longer now, I am forced to do sh** heroics, which are buggy and overfarmed for a ridicilous amount of time to even be able to optimize the equip of my two main chars.

Level sync is annoying, the ''story-guys'' do not like it, we PvPers do not like it and most PvEers as well dislike it (with a few eceptions of course)

Why can you not make LS optional so you can activate it if you are in the mood of redoing some quests on a 'difficult'' level

I would highly appreciate if you could just let the players decide wheter they want to spend time doing something or not. I HATE story, I HATE heroics, I quickly farm my credits for my gear and then stay on the fleet until next expac.

Please this is not that hard to do.

How did level sync ruin credit farming? That's a separate and unrelated tweak they did as far as I know. That being said, I've always considered heroic farming more tedious and less efficient than running missions for mats on key skills for gathering credits. One slicing crit gets 3 adaptive circuitries that now sell for 40k a piece. 120k credits for a lucky roll on a mission that was done in the background while I did stuff I enjoy. Couple that with being able to run the rich and bountiful missions every 30 minutes, every time now, and you should be able to waste credits like I do: 3 mil or so spent on packs off the GTN every few days.

In any case, the game changed and we have to adapt or move on. I guess you could be lucky and convince the developers they are doing it wrong, but your assumption that a huge majority feel the same way you do seems off to me.

So... you're complaining that there's too much game in your video game?

You just want to waltz through Heroics, doing nothing and getting rewards.

Thus, the level sync is bad because you actually have to play now... and you don't want to play... you just want rewards... for doing nothing...because doing something is making you do too much.

This sounds okay to you?

No, I'd rather they were an actual challenge, than they are now...

There isn't any "game" in the current heroics, because they are faceroll easy... but they are ANNOYING faceroll easy...

They actually pay well, all things considered, but I still don't do them because I find them to be a chore. Like cleaning my house...

So level sync didn't accomplish anything because I didn't do the heroics before 4.0 and now I'm not doing them after.

Frankly, it was a nice idea but poorly implemented.

Why can't you farm anymore? Players are able to solo heroics on level easily now, how is Black Hole not doable?

Black Hole paid very well in the past for a few reasons, 2 of which are gone...

1. the enemies dropped credits out of all proportion to their challenge and time to kill.

2. the density of droids and the value of the mats farmed from them made them well worth killing.

That has changed, I tried Black Hole once when 4.0 dropped, I haven't been back since. It is no longer worth running.

First off you can make a ton of money from doing heroics, especially if you actually bother to learn which ones to do.

Second, it's moronic to do Heroics in public areas where you're fighting against other players for kills or whatever, and those are the quests that tend to be bugged. Seriously, I don't know why you'd bother to even to those. You'd think you'd be smarter enough to realize that. You should only be doing Heroics that are in phases which are the majority of them.

Check this out genius. Believe it or not there are a number of really quick phased Heroics that can be done easily and quickly like the Korriban ones and the Coruscant ones.

Here's an insane idea. If you're brain for whatever reason can't remember what Heroics aren't instanced and what ones aren't maybe oh I don't know write them down.

Because that's not how MMOs work, and it's not something that you can easily make optional. It would not be an easy thing to do at all. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, but please keep stating your assumptions as facts.

See above.

I also love the fact that you're only concerned about what's best for you and not the overall population or state of the game.

What about stating your own assumptions right with evidence?

Okay let's begin:

1st: Again I hate quests. Optimizing heroics is NOT an option.

2nd:Okay why would it be that ''hard'' to do?

3rd: This is a subjective opinion and I guess you'll never be ''genious'' enough to unerstand what's going on in my mind

I never said it was, that was the OP. Frankly I think farming random mobs is a waste of time and boring....

Black Hole, CZ-198, Oricon used to be my set that I'd do once per week, per toon, on 3 or 4 toons a week. Between drops from kills, comms, credits from the missions, that was a very profitable 2 hours spent.

Today, with the new overpowered companions, it is honestly not any harder to do than it was, but it is more annoying... and it doesn't pay as well as it used to, so I don't do it anymore.

I've run that rotation twice now, once pub, once imp, since 4.0 dropped, and haven't again and I may never again.

Level sync went just far enough to be annoying without going far enough to be a challenge.

Cleaning my house is not a challenge, it is just annoying. That is what old content feels like now. Cleaning my house.

Same here.

I am not even visiting planets and missions below level 65 anymore, no i haven't done star fortress, never will, it's on low level planet, and all the hard work i put into obtaining 220 and 224 gear is now useless below level 65 missions, it's super stupid.

:mad:

how?

I made 2kk in on hour via corellia farming, can you beat that?

I just hate doing those quests. I'd rather mindlessly farm mobs.

I play the game.

What you describe is how the bots were doing it.

It wasn't Level Sync that hurt you. It was the reduction in cash off of random mobs.

That was where you made your money and it's were the credit famers made their money. Good riddance to that.

Same here.

I am not even visiting planets and missions below level 65 anymore, no i haven't done star fortress, never will, it's on low level planet, and all the hard work i put into obtaining 220 and 224 gear is now useless below level 65 missions, it's super stupid.

:mad:

You clearly do not understand the system then. If that's all you want out of the game, then so be it, but you can't force your mis-understanding and naivety on the rest as some kind of fact that exists only in your head.

As farming credits is necessary to be well geared for engame content (in my case pvp)

forcing players to do heroic quests in order to be prepare for it is generally not a good idea.

No, it really isn't... frankly, if you play on more than 1 or 2 alts, you should be crafting your own augments...

If it is really that annoying, buy a hypercrate, sell it, use the credits to augment, skip all this...

I do not like questing in general0, I dislike those ''heroics'' even more because I could just hopp into one, pull everything, go downstairs to make myself a coffee, return, bang my head against a wall and when I wake up my companion will have cleared the instance alone...

Apart from the fact that heroics are less efficient credit per hour wise than my ultra farming spot of awesomeness :D

why should I play a game that requires me to do something a lot that I do not like doing only to be able to enjoy awfully balanced pvp because they've spent their money and time develloping story.

^ In that case, you might be playing the wrong game... no, not "might", you ARE playing the wrong game.

Give EVE Online a try, that might be more up your alley.