How level-sync kills the game for me

aristrokratie

Many people have already complained about this new feature, even the ones that this feature was added for.

I am a PvPer. I am poor. I do not have a lot of credits. I do not have the patience to earn credits via the ah.

Until now, I used to farm my credits for augments and gear optimization by killing mobs. I used to go to corellia, farm a day and buy my stuff from the credits I earn there.

I cannot do this any longer now, I am forced to do sh** heroics, which are buggy and overfarmed for a ridicilous amount of time to even be able to optimize the equip of my two main chars.

Level sync is annoying, the ''story-guys'' do not like it, we PvPers do not like it and most PvEers as well dislike it (with a few eceptions of course)

Why can you not make LS optional so you can activate it if you are in the mood of redoing some quests on a 'difficult'' level

I would highly appreciate if you could just let the players decide wheter they want to spend time doing something or not. I HATE story, I HATE heroics, I quickly farm my credits for my gear and then stay on the fleet until next expac.

Please this is not that hard to do.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVPer here.

I like it.

I am raking in more cash than ever before.

I earned enough for a full suit of MK-8 kits and augs in two days without even trying.

how?

I made 2kk in on hour via corellia farming, can you beat that?

I just hate doing those quests. I'd rather mindlessly farm mobs.

A lot of it had to do with making the original planets relevant. And to help deal with griefers but that wasn't the core reason. More a helpful side effect.

I personally like it and want it to stay. I doubt they will roll the system back at this point. Like the class changes people will just have to adjust to it.

Edited by Malox

Level sync is annoying, the ''story-guys'' do not like it, we PvPers do not like it and most PvEers as well dislike it (with a few eceptions of course)

Actually the opinion seems to be fairly positive among the PvE'ers. At least based on the posts I've seen here. Sure some don't like it, but the vast majority of threads are the same small group of people complaining about it.

Speak for yourself, not this theoretical group of people you believe is supporting you.

Speak for yourself, not this theoretical group of people you believe is supporting you.

Why can't it be optional?

Imagine Imps could attack reps at all time. People would complain, some do not likle it. This is why you can turn it on/off (on non pvp servers)

I dislike level sync because it only brings disadvantages without anything in favor of it (for me) so why can't I turn it off?

Why can't it be optional?

Because that would defeat the whole point of the system. Unless they made it so you couldn't actually fight anything and get a reward for it unless you were level synced. But then there would be no reason to go to that planet in the first place.

Oh and your links... Are not really proof of anything, other than that some people don't like it. It's not proof of what %.

Every poll started, (almost always by the anti level syncers trying to make a point and bolster their argument), on these forums, reddit, and a few others, show that the majority (on the concurrent forums), LIKE the level sync.

From reading General Chat in game, atleast on my server, the majority of the players LIKE the level sync.

I, personally, LIKE the level sync.

Unfortunately, the minority (or even, the majority), does not really have a choice in the matter.

It's not going to change in the foreseeable future.

There is not going to be a "switch" added in the forseeable future, as it will negate, what I am sure is, many many hours of work and resources, on their end.

This was a decision made by the devs and others, in the creation of their product, that is supported by the majority, that will NOT be changing in the foreseeable future.

I base these statements on no actual stat whatsoever. Just what I see, hear, and read.

Also, unfortunately for the OP, this argument has been brought up, multiple times, by the same handful of players, using different thread titles, that will later start yet another thread about how overpowered companions are, and now content is trivial. (/facepalm)

If being brought down to the max planetary level, with all of your skills that exceed the content you are facing, intact, and god-like companions at your side, is "killing" the game for you...

/wavehand "This is not the game you are looking for."

Running through the full list of heroics from the Fleet console I probably made 3 or 4 million easy. Level synch is nothing if you know how to play your class and have some affection/influence with at least one companion.

Best bet if it seems to slow find a group. There are a ton of people farming these right now for the four types of KotFE turn ins. Most of my companions have two times the hp I do on low planets. You just need to figure what heroics you need dps, heals or a tank for and rotate roles or companions.

If being brought down to the max planetary level, with all of your skills that exceed the content you are facing, intact, and god-like companions at your side, is "killing" the game for you...

/wavehand "This is not the game you are looking for."

From the very fast population decline on servers this quick after the release of an 'expansion' I think many are taking your advice. I know our guild had an average of 40 or so online each night prior to early access, 100+ during early access and about 3 days after launch of KotFE and now have fallen to about 15 online at peak now for the past almost a week. Im hoping that with reset tonight to see more return but Im not holding my breath.

In fact I have cancelled my sub and am playing out my last week or so on here. Sorta hoping this game dies out sooner than later so that we can get a new better SW mmo. For all those on here clamoring about getting story content, that was BW's 4th pillar when this was released and it was met with a resounding player depopulation. It didnt work then to get people to come to SWTOR, and this new 'expansion' isnt gonna help the game at all in th long run.

30% sub increase leading into KotFE will translate into a much larger sub loss. Having talked to 2 other guild leaders that managed large active guilds and discussed merging all 3 due to the unheard of player drop this soon after an 'expansion' Im sure we are all noticing it even if you BW fanboys pretend that there is nothing to see here. lol

How much is 2kk? If you learn which heroics are fast and easy you can easily make 2-300k in an hour-90mins or so. A lot of them can be done in 5 minutes or less solo.

I'm assuming he's a botter. I could see how they'd be upset at not being able to area farm quickly vs doing heroics quickly - more key/mouse inputs.

I see nothing wrong with level sync. From my point of view, BioWare saw lvl 60's go into lower level flashpoints and begin one shotting everything that move. They believed this to be done wrong on their part. Therefore, they added the level sync (which I think is a brilliant idea) to better balance the game. You can't have level 60s go into a level 10 area and start one shotting npcs. I personally enjoy what huge changes they made to the game.

I'm assuming he's a botter. I could see how they'd be upset at not being able to area farm quickly vs doing heroics quickly - more key/mouse inputs.

Nope, I am the kind of guy who turns on the music, does some farming, buys augments and sorts his gear out and then does PvP for the rest of the expac.

Seriously though, why are you so aggressive? A discussion means that there are at least 2 different opinions, that does not mean I am your enemy :rolleyes: