Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

ZeroPlus
09.13.2014 , 04:38 AM | #4721
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
Not really. Was pretty nice of him to leave the loot to you guys (even if all you could do was selling it). Also, doesn't Cademimu loot require like level 28 to wear? Because it's a level 28/29/30 FP IIRC.
You're quite right! It was Mandalorian Raiders. Whoops. Original post corrected.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ZeroPlus
09.13.2014 , 04:46 AM | #4722
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post

Apart from a dps sin with no charge chain pulling ahead of the tank, a tunnel visioning tank who doesn't tell us he has never done the mission before, a sin dps who doesn't understand how his cc works and claims he knows everything and a complete lack of caring for any boss mechanics, it was a good run.
That's the spirit!
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

BobFredJohn
09.13.2014 , 06:35 AM | #4723
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
That's the spirit!
In reply to your previous post (I quoted this 1 because if I quoted the other story I would snip it, taking a few milliseconds longer than quoting this 1 (less time than it took to write this sentence in fact....)

I hope mr "pass on everything" isn't wierd as I do that alot. Im quite picky about what I roll for.

What I do is when I make a new character I look for some adaptive stuff or low level custom stuff that I like the appearance of (for example my shadow has white/yellow dyed oricon gear, my merc has orange/light brown dyed section x stuff). Then I just farm heroics on dromund with all my imps giving me enough planetary comms to buy a full set of mods from the planetary vendors on fleet.

Now I have a low level with the appearance I want at endgame, but its not empty shells. Now I level as usual. While doing this, whenever I hit 95 planetary comms (the amount needed to buy all mods for every piece of custom gear) I go to fleet and upgrade my stuff.

As such I pass on everything because I don't need things to sell, I have my higher levels crafting my endgame 156 mods so have no need for more money. I buy all my leveling upgrades with comms and making a fair amount of money just from credit loot and solo-questing.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Halinalle
09.13.2014 , 10:06 AM | #4724
The Red Eclipse / Republic

Hammer Station:
Sage healer who didn't rez me and tank after final boss dies -> we have to run all the way back there to get our comms.

Athiss:
Sage who aggro groups that we could easily skip. We didn't have stealth cc but still Sage wanted to cc temple guardians.

Kuat:
I tell everyone that I'm going to respec. One of the members says something like "Really? At level 21? How does 11 points show anywhere?" and another said "If he really respec'd to bad spec it really does..."
So, apparently Focus is bad spec. Just a fact that Force Sweep requires target doesn't mean it's a bad spec. Watchman is good for solo leveling and boss fights, not for instance full of trash.

DogeDandolo
09.13.2014 , 10:14 AM | #4725
Ran Boarding Party SM on my operative DPS today. Got queued with a Assassin DPS, a Powertech tank and a healer of an indeterminate class, because she left the moment we had zoned in. Great start.

While we wait for the tank to requeue us (complicated by his GF role apparently being DPS), I have a quick look at him. He's in Combustible Gas Cylinder, a DPS stance. I ask him to change to Ion Gas Cylinder. "Why?", he asks, and I explain that it's the tanking stance and paraphrase the tooltip for him. He obliges. Okay, fair enough, he's clearly a newb but willing to learn. He also seems friendly enough.

Tank gets out Mako (and slams guard on her) and pulls the first group. That's when the trouble start. While the assassin is excellent, knows kill-order, tactics and does good DPS, the tank stands at 20m distance and pew-pews at the enemies. Momentarily distracted by that sight, I get stuck in a wall and die on the trash. Embarrassing, but really my own fault. I rez and we move on.

First boss. We're still 3 people and Mako, who seems to be undergeared. I CC one droid and focus on the other, but PT's pew-pew immediately breaks CC and lady assassin and my dashing blue self have to take down both while under fire. PT also has trouble keeping aggro on the boss (obviously) and taunts on cooldown. He dies quickly, before we're even done with the droids. Boss still has nearly full health. Amazingly, we DPSers manage to, er, "kite" the boss (read, whoever holds aggro frantically runs away while the other follows and pummels in on her) and kill her on our last sliver of health. While we rez him, I point out to the tank that PT is really a melee class. He asks me to explain, then thanks me and continues to pew-pew everything from 30 metres range. Meanwhile, he needs on a cunning rifle that dropped. I win the roll, he says he misclicked. No biggie, Sith happens.

Several cases of broken CC later, we finally get a new healer. Merc, immediately puts Kolto Shell on everyone, very competent otherwise. Everyone is very friendly, and we start chatting a little while her healing basically pulls us through. There are several amusing instances where tank breaks our CC while we are whittling down mobs, leading to the healer running away from elites while we DPS try to catch up to them and take the aggro off her, while at the same time relieving the beleaguered tank. Perhaps it's a testament to my bad operative-playing, but I actually asked for the guard to be put on the healer (never thought I'd say that). DPS2 and Healer enthusiastically agreed, but he didn't seem to see it.

Next boss almost wipes, but we pull through. Drops an aim helmet -- both PT and merc need, merc wins the roll. PT pouts, we explain to him that both of them needed it and the healer simply won the roll. The bonus boss drops a vibroknife for me, but after much pew-pew the final boss drops another Aim piece. Both hunters need, again the merc wins. Bad luck, but fair. Again the powertech pouts. We repeat our explanations as we queue up for the cutscene at the end ... and he leaves the group. Missing out on the reward for completing the flashpoints. Thirty seconds from the end. Huh.

He was nice enough, but I put him on my ignore list all the same.

On an unrelated note, I ran into a lvl 33 merc in full orange Strength gear on Alderaan. I whispered him about it, but got no reply.
Progenitor
Imperial Alliance loreius | nemorina | trebial | neruna | konanta | chirr'avar | vitellia | ashktarat | sem'irami'de | amfortas | fiordiligi | publio | radamès
New Republic Alliance rhiatavi | qatras | sarnova | torence | fidelio | despina | kundry | cenerentola

LostInReverie
09.13.2014 , 11:01 PM | #4726
Had a rather interesting experience in Red Reaper today. I was on my level 47 DPS Operative. Healer is a level 48 Merc. Other DPS is a level 44 Sniper. I forget what level the Assassin tank was, because she left almost right away, because the Sniper warned us that it would take her a while to load into the FP. The Merc and I didn't mind, but apparently the tank couldn't wait one more minute and dropped. Great.

The Merc pulled out his Skadge, and we were actually doing really well. There were only a few minor hiccups along the way. The Sniper forgot what to do at the droid boss with the colored pillars, but no one died. Oh, by the way, it's important to note that as soon as the original tank left we queued again but without much hope. Apparently, it also didn't much matter as two of us were high level for the FP and the Sniper was at level, and were we all pretty decently geared and knowledgeable for our levels.

Then comes the Darth Ikoral fight. We have Ikoral's HP down 25% when lo and behold we get a tank! I was very much amused but less so when the tank catches up to us. When he enters the room, Ikoral resets, just when we'd had him down to half health. Ok, no big deal. Whatever. We'll just do it again, this time with an actual tank.

Tank Force leaps to Ikoral and promptly gets punted into the abyss.

Tank: Why didn't anyone warn me of that??

Sniper: Sorry, was going to.

Me (thinking): Ok. He must have never done this before to not know about the abyss you can get kicked into by Ikoral if the tank doesn't drag him to the stairs or somewhere away from it. This doesn't bode well for me, but we're doing fine with the tank down (as we were before we got him) but then...

The tank returns and Ikoral resets for the second time, again when we had him down to half health or even less. This is the longest Darth Ikoral fight of my life! If I see Darth Ikoral again, it will be too soon. lol.

Sighing, I nevertheless don't say anything, because by now I just want to finally kill Ikoral and get this FP over with. Again, the tank pulls as soon as he gets back, and though it's clear he's never done this fight before he doesn't pause to ask any of us what to do. So when Ikoral summons his apprentices, he has no clue to go behind the apprentices and interrupt their shield power so the lightning can zap them. Both the healer and I are telling him in chat to do so, but it takes a while for it to finally click. Sigh. This fight went on for ages!

I also noticed that no one but me was bothering to interrupt the apprentices shield ability thingy they do. You have to do that in order for them to get zapped by the lightning, even if it is hitting them. But I don't even bother pointing it out, because did I mention this fight took what felt like an hour??? Ikoral is a pushover. No one should be having these sorts of problems. lol

Anyway, after what felt like an eternity, we finally killed Ikoral. We didn't even really need the tank we got. He only managed to prolong the fight. We'd already almost had Ikoral down when he popped. But it was our fault for not turning off the queue, but to be honest we forgot about it. All in all it was a very interesting experience.

Also, a well-geared Skadge is apparently a very decent tank. Guess that ugly son of a Hutt does have his uses after all.
The Callisto Legacy

{Canderous Ordo -> Jedi Covenant / The Ebon Hawk -> Star Forge}

BobFredJohn
09.14.2014 , 01:25 AM | #4727
Quote: Originally Posted by DogeDandolo View Post
Merc, immediately puts Kolto Shell on everyone, very competent otherwise.
Whats wrong with maintaining a kolto shell on everything? I always thought that seemed like a good idea.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

DogeDandolo
09.14.2014 , 01:47 AM | #4728
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
Whats wrong with maintaining a kolto shell on everything? I always thought that seemed like a good idea.
It is, and I very much appreciated it. What I meant to say was that she put Kolto Shells on us, and was very competent in general, as well. It works better in my native language lol.
Progenitor
Imperial Alliance loreius | nemorina | trebial | neruna | konanta | chirr'avar | vitellia | ashktarat | sem'irami'de | amfortas | fiordiligi | publio | radamès
New Republic Alliance rhiatavi | qatras | sarnova | torence | fidelio | despina | kundry | cenerentola

Callaron
09.14.2014 , 04:28 AM | #4729
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
I'm going to go slighly off-topic here, but hopefully not much: I know there're quite a few people(and stories!) from my server, Red Eclipse, and I've been reading in fascination. Thank you! (I've had bad experiences with members of a certain F-guild, myself). Now I have a dilemma: my small Russian guild is being disbanded(conquests, guildships, enough money, but just not enough people to get in top ten), and absorbed into Imperial Wolves/Star Wolves. Are there a lot of bad/weird stories about members of that guild in ops/fps? Because I know all those stories about Firewind guild are definitely true - had lots of weird experiences with their members, ninja-looting included.
I never had any trouble with any of their members as far as I can remember.
Goodluck on your guild merger, Kulyok!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

motodo_severin
09.14.2014 , 08:51 AM | #4730
Not so much a group finder as a group I was drug into that was already queued. (Long story) So here was a HM BT run. Level 53 merc, level 50 sith sorc, myself a lvl 55 merc and suddenly no tank. The SS says no problem we will use your Skadge. He says this is cake. I am like ok, these two have run together before so I imagine they have some idea what is going on.

We walked through the starting trash mobs fairly easy except the SS dies. He *****es at me over my heals. I am not the best healer in the world true but still I didn't think he should have went down that fast. Make it to the bridge with me throwing kolto everywhere just to be safe.

Now comes the first boss. Piece of cake right. No. We wiped big as can be. More ************. I am like something isn't right. My average gear level is 156. I don't typically do HM FPs or OPs so I am thinking man I am really screwing this up for these guys. Second time through I was last man standing, we wipe. Now wait a minute! Something is not right.

I inspect them both. Average gear level of 108 and 112. I am thinking holy hell. No wonder the SS is getting two to three hit kills. These guys are way under geared. Then I think wait a second. I look at their achievements. Guess where they have spent all their time. KDY.

Few other FPs done. Decent amount of pvp. But dear god KDY has been smoking for them. Now I have know these two for a little while and they seemed to have some clue prior to this run.

So fifth time through I get yelled out for putting Skadge in a combat stance because of the damage. Last man standing I clear the boss. I don't say anything. I just let the comments roll off. We head over in the shuttle and start hitting the trash mobs. Second group I get the you really suck as a healer comment. I stewed for a few and then dropped.

Like I said I am not the best healer. I am not the best player by far. But how can you expect to do a HM that far under geared.