Terrible expansion

JayChow

So we waited almost a year for this short story add on that really doesn't add anything major to the story?

2 planets and a space rock to complete a few quest. It doesn't even give us enough time to enjoy the environment of these new areas.

Melgus escapes again in a short fight then the expansion ends. Yes a few new characters are added but it really does not add any substance to the story because it was so short.

Why bother adding such a short expansion unless bioware is in desperate need of cash to continue operating.

How can this even be advertised as an expansion?

Edited by JayChow

It is a smaller expansion than the others I have to admit, but it was for free, unlike Shadow of Revan for example. This expansion has all the traits like new FPS, new Operation, new areas, reputation, dailies etc. So dont see it as terrible, its a standard expansion, which provides new content and again a gear grind so that you can more easily handle the content.

We also face the new bolster where being lower level really makes stuff difficult and you do need to improve your gear to have it easier again. What makes it easier is the setbonus that can be used on all toons, regardless of class. Like you can have one universal set that can be used by all your classes. It will not be as effective, but you will have the up to date gear and any character you put it on (and is level 75) will improve the gear through their activity and renow crates.

How can this even be advertised as an expansion?

That was my comment when I un-subbed just now. It honestly feels like a couple of KOTET/KOTFE chapters. Add in having to grind Command XP 2.0 (Renown) all over again, insane crafting costs, and a load of lacklustre dailies using the same tired, boring formula we have been doing for the past X number of years, and sadly, I'm gone.

Shame as I really hoped this expansion would breathe life back into a game I really enjoyed in the past. However, I can't see this "expansion" saving the day.

Yes, it's a bit on the shorter side, but this is still a great expansion. What were you expecting? Rise of the Hutt Cartel like stuff? You know that expansion was released during SWTOR's prime, they have a much smaller dev team now and have to make do with less resources. The fact that we got 2 separate stories, one Republic and one Empire, just shows that they want to do more stuff and are willing to, but have to make do with what they have. If you judge Onslaught by Shadow of Revan or Rise of the Hutt Cartel standards, you're being very much unfair in your opinion. Because you have to take into account the circumstances around Onslaught, which are vastly different than those around Rise of the Hutt Cartel for example.

They need to let this game die, I miss the Glory days of KOTOR, TFU, Jedi Academy etc. Hopefully Fallen Order starts a new trend like those games again but I don't hold much hope.

Oh go take a hike. Seriously, the biggest nonsense that people like you spread is "let the game die". Sorry, but that's utter BS. Why should they let the game die? A game that thousands still enjoy? Why would you want to ruin that for people like me, who find great joy and pleasure in starting up this game and playing it? Seriously, not everything you think is something you have to say or express.

Edited by Ylliarus

Almost skipped this thread but wanted to voice some perspective. Not everything in this games past was some major expansion. Personally I enjoyed a lot of the smaller content like: Czerka CZ-198 , Section X, Galactic Starfighter.

The new planets are beautiful. Mek-Sha dare I say is the coolest looking planet yet made in this game. I love the 'Classic' Star Wars sandbox with Rodians and all the characters from episodes 1-6 & clone wars. Like others said the Dev staff is probably wearing ten different hats making this game all it can be.

The new planets are beautiful. Mek-Sha dare I say is the coolest looking planet yet made in this game. I love the 'Classic' Star Wars sandbox with Rodians and all the characters from episodes 1-6 & clone wars. Like others said the Dev staff is probably wearing ten different hats making this game all it can be.

Exactly! The circumstances are vastly different than those around the release of Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. The dev team is much, much smaller and the resources they have fewer by a lot. The fact that they did all this for Onslaught with the manpower and resources they currently have is an amazing thing. The story is of high quality, the new places are extraordinarily beautiful and all the other stuff they added is considerable in quantity. On top of that we got 2 separate storylines, something we haven't had for years before Ossus. People judge Onslaught too unfairly, in my opinion.

They need to let this game die, I miss the Glory days of KOTOR, TFU, Jedi Academy etc. Hopefully Fallen Order starts a new trend like those games again but I don't hold much hope.

hey, i dont like something, lets destroy it for those that do!!!

I know, right?!! :eek: BioWare is gonna SHUT IT DOWN because Jay-Kor's unhappy!!! Dang it Jay-Kor! We're losing Swtor because you YOU! Hope yer happy :eek:

The funny thing is that players like Jay-Kor are forgotten but SWTOR endures and has managed to outlive all the players that kept saying "let the game die". That says something, if you ask me.

Edited by Ylliarus