Make The Companion Hk-55 Avalable For Everyone!

MatthewKoverman

Ive been with this game for a very long time pretty much since the start and since that time Ive seen you guys make a lot of decisions that im was not truly a fan of. But none of them had me feel more cheated and used then your decision to make a companion a subscriber reward. Not once did you guys ever think to make a companion a subscriber reward even when you had the power to with hk-51 and treek. I was also unable to subscribe in january because my computer was broken another reason i feel cheated. Subscriber rewards used to only include cosmetic stuff like armor mounts and stuff like that and that's fine but when you made the choice to make a companion a subscriber reward that is where ive had enough. im a long time player ive basically been here since the start of the game. ive poured a untold amount of time and money into this game and ive enjoyed it for all its worth. ive tried to get my point across on almost all of your medias from facebook to twitter to youtube the only thing i have not done is spam your livestreams and i don't want to do that i don't believe it would do either of us any good. So please hear me out and grant us this request. I don't care if you just make him available on the cartel market just as long as everyone has access to the companion.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been with this game for a very long time pretty much since the start and since that time Ive seen you guys make a lot of decisions that im was not truly a fan of. But none of them had me feel more cheated and used then your decision to make a companion a subscriber reward. Not once did you guys ever think to make a companion a subscriber reward even when you had the power to with hk-51 and treek. I was also unable to subscribe in january because my computer was broken another reason i feel cheated. Subscriber rewards used to only include cosmetic stuff like armor mounts and stuff like that and that's fine but when you made the choice to make a companion a subscriber reward that is where ive had enough. im a long time player ive basically been here since the start of the game. ive poured a untold amount of time and money into this game and ive enjoyed it for all its worth. ive tried to get my point across on almost all of your medias from facebook to twitter to youtube the only thing i have not done is spam your livestreams and i don't want to do that i don't believe it would do either of us any good. So please hear me out and grant us this request. I don't care if you just make him available on the cartel market just as long as everyone has access to the companion.

I'm sorry, but I can't support this. I have friends who are also missing out on HK but the bottom line is this. It's a subscriber reward. We were told way in advance that HK was going to be a sub reward. If you really cared that much about this companion then why didn't you do what some folks did and just sub through the website through any device that could connect to the internet, cell, consoles, other computers etc.

Simply giving the companion away now would only devalue the subscription bonus rewards. They want more subs, they offer a cool bonus. You don't sub then there's no reason for you to get the bonus, you didn't meet the criteria. It was an offer and that offer has expired.

Edited by StarkHelsing

1. Companions are cosmetic now.
  2. If you missed the cutoff date, you're out of luck.
  3. Final answer: No.

I'm sorry, but I can't support this. I have friends who are also missing out on HK but the bottom line is this. It's a subscriber reward. We were told way in advance that HK was going to be a sub reward. If you really cared that much about this companion then why didn't you do what some folks did and just sub through the website through any device that could connect to the internet, cell, consoles, other computers etc.

Simply giving the companion away now would only devalue the subscription bonus rewards. They want more subs, they offer a cool bonus. You don't sub then there's no reason for you to get the bonus, you didn't meet the criteria. It was an offer and that offer has expired.

its not about the subscriber rewards itself its the fact that they made a companion a subscriber reward. what of all the new incoming subs who will never have the opportunity to have him as a long standing companion? they dont have to worry about that with treek and hk51 so why put that restriction on hk55?

1. Companions are cosmetic now.
  2. If you missed the cutoff date, you're out of luck.
  3. Final answer: No.

it was not my fault my computer broke just when i found out about the deadline...what else was i suppose to do? what else is everyone else just coming in suppose to do? they are missing out on a awesome companion all because bioware decided to make him a subscriber reward. they never have to worry about missing out on anyone else just him :/

No,we were tolded in advance that HK was going to be a subscriber reward,like the Nico Okkar Companion,As a subcriber,i don't want everyone to have acess to the stuff i have,cause then i won't sub,by not having subs bioware looses Money,without that the game closes,so what you're asking is basically"give everyone a companion that was promised to be only for subs"not only that would be stupid but it would be FRAUD,because then bioware woudn't have kept their promised of being A SUBSCRIBER reward,by asking that you have clearly no idea of how economy Works.

People love to complain and whine about how greedy and uncaring the makers of this game have become but they hate having to push for change. from decisions like this to their inability to offer anyone any type of compensation for the day of early access they ruined by fixing errors caused by them rushing. all this combined and the fact that their pushing harder then ever to make people sub is making me wanna do the exact opposite. i do not like greedy people i do not like irresponsible people i do not like people who think they've done no wrong. as for you people who are okay with this then that's on you. continue to let the game makers take advantage of you for pitiful trinkets like a jet pack that made jet packs not special anymore and a helmet basically nobody wants. if this is how the game makers wanna conduct themselves then they can kiss me goodbye...haven help them

Edited by MatthewKoverman

I can see a possibility where Bioware made HK-55 available through the Cartel Market at some point in the future, for a very high CC cost (maybe 5000 coins) if there is enough whining from the community members who didn't get the message to subscribe by the deadline.

Also, I suspect that many of those people would also complain that HK-55 is locked behind an Alliance update that means you have to complete the current KotFE content on each character in order to recruit him.

However, once players start chewing through the content and discover that they have 20+ companions, most of whom just get fat and lazy doing nothing, the clamour for HK-55 will probably die down.

No,we were tolded in advance that HK was going to be a subscriber reward,like the Nico Okkar Companion,As a subcriber,i don't want everyone to have acess to the stuff i have,cause then i won't sub,by not having subs bioware looses Money,without that the game closes,so what you're asking is basically"give everyone a companion that was promised to be only for subs"not only that would be stupid but it would be FRAUD,because then bioware woudn't have kept their promised of being A SUBSCRIBER reward,by asking that you have clearly no idea of how economy Works.

It shouldnt of BEEN a subscriber reward to start with...nico was not a subscriber reward the reward was to have access to him whenever you wanted AND again i didnt have access to sub when i heard of the stupid deadline. Bioware shouldnt make people feel pressured to sub because then they have control over you.

I can see a possibility where Bioware made HK-55 available through the Cartel Market at some point in the future, for a very high CC cost (maybe 5000 coins) if there is enough whining from the community members who didn't get the message to subscribe by the deadline.

Also, I suspect that many of those people would also complain that HK-55 is locked behind an Alliance update that means you have to complete the current KotFE content on each character in order to recruit him.

However, once players start chewing through the content and discover that they have 20+ companions, most of whom just get fat and lazy doing nothing, the clamour for HK-55 will probably die down.

those people whod complain about hk55 being locked behind a alliance alert is no different then those complaining about the long easter egg hunt for hk51's parts. my issue is not that all im trying to do is make the game makers see that making a companion a subscriber reward was the wrong move

It shouldnt of BEEN a subscriber reward to start with...nico was not a subscriber reward the reward was to have access to him whenever you wanted AND again i didnt have access to sub when i heard of the stupid deadline. Bioware shouldnt make people feel pressured to sub because then they have control over you.

best solution: Make him a subscriber reward again for people who missed deadline. problem solved :rak_03:

Edited by Juhziz

False. The only way to get Nico is to have been Subbed on one of the 2 days they gave as a deadline date. They added the device to get him instantly as many players requested to no have to wait to the end of chapter 9 to do so.

nobody has said anything about nico being the first companion subscriber reward...

If you want the subscriber reward, you need to be subscribed to get it.

It's as simple as that.

A broken computer is no excuse because you don't have to play to subscribe.

If you want the reward, you need to find a computer (friend / work / public library), visit the website, and subscribe.

If it's not worth it to you, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Never in the history of subscriber rewards have they offered an alternate means to acquire them and I don't expect them to now.

Contrary to popular belief, BioWare is not a charity.

They run these promotions specifically for the purpose of getting you to give them money.

They give cartel coins away for free to subscribers so there's no guarantee anyone spending coins to get a reward had to pay anything for them since those coins could have been earned months ago, but tying it to a subscription guarantees that you had to cough up $15 during that specific time frame to get it.

Bottom line: Chalk this one up as a loss and be better prepared for the next one.

it was not my fault my computer broke just when i found out about the deadline...what else was i suppose to do? what else is everyone else just coming in suppose to do? they are missing out on a awesome companion all because bioware decided to make him a subscriber reward. they never have to worry about missing out on anyone else just him :/

hate to say this but there are other computers in the world

Nico was and is a subscriber reward, and was also supposed to be locked behind an Alliance alert. That he was given out at lvl 1 was a result of the fact that Bioware worded some of their initial communications about him very badly, so it sounded as though he was being given out to qualifying accounts to level 1 characters. When BW tried to clarify this, there was somewhat of a backlash and they went with the level 1 implementation.

As for the HK-55 announcement, that was live on the Launchpad and website for weeks before the deadline. You missed it, too bad. That is an incentive to set up a recurring subscription, which is what Bioware want. If all the offers make you feel pressured, then a recurring sub might be a more relaxing option for you. If you don't want that option, then live with the consequences.

hate to say this but there are other computers in the world

you people dont understand...this is not really even truly about me..its about everyone else who missed out on a awesome companion because bioware decided to be greedy...never before this fallen empire stuff did they ever pressure people so hard to sub...even now this whole subscriber rewards are just a ploy to keep us all subbed while we get bits of chapters nobody is happy with..

I want them to make the "Founder" title available for everyone. I was not aware I had to play the game in the first 3 months, I am playing now, I want it...

No, you were too late, for whatever reason, you should not get it, or any other sub reward, ever. What is the point of these if all non-subs just have to wait, and complain, and get it anyway?

you people dont understand...this is not really even truly about me..its about everyone else who missed out on a awesome companion because bioware decided to be greedy...never before this fallen empire stuff did they ever pressure people so hard to sub...even now this whole subscriber rewards are just a ploy to keep us all subbed while we get bits of chapters nobody is happy with..

Sorry going to disagree. My best friend missed out on Nico because of something she couldn't help. She knew it was her responsibility and she accepted that. She has not once come tot he forums complaining that she didn't get Nico. She accepted responsibility for her actions.

Even if your computer broke, there were other options you could have access the website on a cell phone and sub that way. There are other options to be able to sub by the deadline.

If my best friend can take responsibility for her actions and not complain I don't see why no one else can do the same thing.

Nico WAS a subscriber reward. If you were not a subscriber at the right time, you CANNOT obtain him as a companion. You can do his quest line, but NOT obtain him as a companion.

The same applies to HK-55. If you were not subscribed at the right time, you do NOT qualify to have him as a companion.