Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Won't Go Past Loading Screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deiske
01.11.2012 , 08:30 AM | #51
I have had this same problem the past few days, finally this worked for me.

Log into the client, and while in the patching screen click the options button in the lower left hand corner and use the repair tool.

This worked for me even while the fixlauncher.exe did not. Good Luck to you all! Make sure to let me know if this worked for you.

Tyrea
01.11.2012 , 08:40 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Deiske View Post

Log into the client, and while in the patching screen click the options button in the lower left hand corner and use the repair tool.

This worked for me even while the fixlauncher.exe did not. Good Luck to you all! Make sure to let me know if this worked for you.

Seems to be working. Thanks Deiske.

dcoulter
01.11.2012 , 08:42 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Deiske View Post

Did it force you to download the 11.63 gig file? Thats what its making me do.. just cant see why i need to dl 11 gigs worth of stuff..

Red-Fever
01.11.2012 , 09:29 AM | #54
I've been trying to find out what this has been causing.

If you wait long enough you will get the "Error code 3" message (30+ minutes), see the server list and you think you are ready to go. This is not the case, selecting a server will get you in the loading screen again for ages.

Error Code 3 has to do with your user account on your system as mentioned in a thread on the forums with all these error codes explained, now i've been trying to resolve this without any success.

The first thing you can do is create a new account on your system (with admin rights), start swtor, login and see if it works. If it does then your user profile is 'damaged/broken'. Its not really broken as other things keep working on it. If the new account works you can decide to go on from there if not, well i dont know. Let me tell you what i've tried in the process (after updates, gpu updates, even bios updates and all fixes mentioned)
  • Resetting permission on profile dir and messing around with groups
  • Re-isseuing all CA certificates
  • Removing data from appdata folder to see where it gets stuck
  • Adding appcompat shims with various options (these are dev tools to elevate permissions on a different way)
  • Cleaning registry incl ACL's

This all aint working so i think it has to do with the ntuser.dat file, if so then a new profile(new user) is the only solution as you dont want to mess with that.

Tyrea
01.11.2012 , 11:01 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by dcoulter View Post
Did it force you to download the 11.63 gig file? Thats what its making me do.. just cant see why i need to dl 11 gigs worth of stuff..
I only need to download maybe 200 mb nothing like 11 gigs. But as bad as that is if it workds it will still be quicker than an official solution.

LeeLoou
01.11.2012 , 11:50 AM | #56
After runing the repair from the sign in screen, the fixlauncher, re-re-downloading updates for my graphics card, re-updating my windows updates, updating directX, making sure my programs were set to adminastrator, ran the fixlauncher again, and ran the repair from the sign in screen again and was finally able to get into the game. I signed off monday at 11am and back on at 2pm and in that 3 hours something happened and I cant figure out what because my machine was never shut down, it didnt do any updates. I have never had this many issues trying to run a game on my pc with so little help from customer support. All my ingame tickets before this issue have gone unanswered. I have tried many times to call a CSR but get a recording telling me that due to high call volumes I should try my call again later and then get disconnected, or I sit on hold for an hour and give up. Through all of this, one CSR has bothered to take the time to try to help and that was U1-G7. And for the response I got from R1-V5, you should be fired.

Kindajenin
01.11.2012 , 03:45 PM | #57 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings LeeLoou,

I am very happy to hear you got in game again, I hope this brings an end to your issues.

And thank you for your patience and also for completing all trouble shooting steps that I outlined.

I am not sure if I helped but I am still happy that you found a solution.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Kindajenin
01.11.2012 , 03:49 PM | #58 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings all,

If you are still having the issue of being stuck on the character splash screen please close the client and go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Please run the FixLauncher.exe file in the above location.

Once this is complete, please start the Launcher again(please ensure that launcher.exe and swtor.exe have Administrator privileges) and run the Launcher repair function.

After this is complete, please login again and try to connect.

Please post here to confirm if this resolves the issue for you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

CurtisJoseph
01.14.2012 , 01:33 AM | #59
What is going on here. He is still in trouble and nobody helped him! I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! I did the repair 3 times, its always closing itself for nothing! Downloads of top speed 200kbs on a 12gb file. What is this Bioware? Stop giving ****** arguments like some video card drivers! You can keep the original driver and its supposed to work.

Danny_BR
01.14.2012 , 06:05 AM | #60
Hi,
I have the following problems with swtor atm (with 2 of them I hadn't had a problem until 2 weeks ago following recent updates/patches):

1) [Severe issue] I cannot log into the game anymore. Either, I get stuck on the loading (before the character selection screen), or I get kicked out to the server selection with "error 9000".
I'm following suggestions on the web, from full restart to drivers updating, but nothing. Other solution (like running full window mode) are inaccessible unless you online (Doh!)
Ironically, the recent patch was suppose to fix that problem, not to send it over to someone else.
2) [Severe issue] in the past 2 weeks I have been having serious lag spikes which make the game unplayable. This is also indicated by unstable latency which jumps between 120, 280,1000,170,800,500,240,180,700.
3)After i press play my loading screen is stuck and i cant past to the character screen or server screen, already try to fix launcher and repair it from the launcher
4) [annoying] The game unable to identify the macro keys of the X6 microsoft keyboard. Kinda fail when you buy higher than average equipment to enjoy the full experience of the game, and you end up being limited to a lesser one.
However, I really need help/suggestion to solve issues 1,2 and 3.