Master Sidonie Garen - solo?

Soulchilde

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just defeated her five minutes ago as a 32 telekinetic sage, with the help of Tharan.

Its true she is more difficult than a usual elite around this level, but still managable.

Make sure to keep Force Armor up, and interrupt her Force Quake immediately. Dont forget to dot her aswell. The rest is just pewpew, make use of your procs. 2-3 big heal wont hurt through the fight, Tharan handles the rest. He also stuns her with Holiday sometimes, this companion is a win imo.

Good luck!

I just defeated her five minutes ago as a 32 telekinetic sage, with the help of Tharan.

Its true she is more difficult than a usual elite around this level, but still managable.

Make sure to keep Force Armor up, and interrupt her Force Quake immediately. Dont forget to dot her aswell. The rest is just pewpew, make use of your procs. 2-3 big heal wont hurt through the fight, Tharan handles the rest. He also stuns her with Holiday sometimes, this companion is a win imo.

Good luck!

I would recommend not interrupting force quake but just move out of it before it goes off. that way she wastes all that time casting/channeling it instead of attacking. if she is targeting your companion however then interrupt it since they are too dumb to move.

Shadow can kite her and can avoid AOE. You have 3 good interrupts: kick, stun and regular interrupt. It's not easy fight, quite doable one. Avoid AOE, use only buffed project/SS, use telekinetic throw when you have to stay at distance, stun/kick for SS.

Good healing potion and stim as well as Thrax are all welcome.

I did it at 31 as a infil shadow with Tharan healing me.

I used my stun and mind snap as much as I could, smacked a med pack and channeled the force so I could stun again.

Just keep moving and DPSing, watch her casts and either stun or snap.

Oh, one other thing of note at around level 27-28 I found I was getting my butt handed to me, so I looked over my gear and my companions and realized that our stuff sucked! I dropped a bunch of cash on armor merchants for upgrades, since then I haven't been having any problems.

Yeah I beat her at 30 as a Seer Sage. I died the first time when I thought she was just a normal elite I could snooze through, but once I realized I needed to pay attention she was easy.

Tharan + Seer = Near invincibility (albeit with low damage output). I use this combination on any elite(s) or stronger combination I come up against and I have yet to die to an encounter that I was actually trying at.

• 5 weeks later...

I beat her as an infiltration shadow using Tharan at level 30. I had some pretty good gear since I'd been working on it, used my 20 minute cooldown, a medpac, and interrupted her stuff as much as I could. Lots of stuns and rotating cooldowns as much as possible.

I couldn't tell exactly which abilities needed interrupting most. I basically one shot her because I didn't even really try the first time. I just let myself die so I could start from stealth instead. I know she was healing, though, and getting an interrupt on that to end the fight more quickly was almost as valuable as stopping her damage, if not more so.

She was, in fact, harder than the chapter end boss. I can definitely say that without question.

Not sure why people say she's hard, unless project storm increases in damage the longer she channels it. Even then, her damage is so low it hardly phased me.

If you're a shadow, guess how many interrupts you have? Low Slash (infiltration), mind snap, force wave, force stun, (if using Theran) Holiday.

If you're a sage? Mind Snap, force wave, force stun: still plenty.

Easily beat her as shadow infiltration with Tharan at lvl 29. No kiting, only clubbing and interrupting. I stack only willpower, power, and accuracy; no **** stats.

Proceeded to defeat Vivicar and complete the Fortitude quests at lvl 30 without a hitch. The one I did not manage to defeat is the optional lvl 32 Champion sith sorcerer on the Fortitude. Has anyone bested her?

interrupting is always a good thing. the game is forcing you to learn how to do it, which is definitely a good thing.

With this fight though, the main thing to watch for is her heal. I finished this fight a while back as a sage healer and having qyzen. I healed him through the damage and stopped her heals. Slowly but surely we knocked her out.

Old Sidonie could be beaten by running of the earthquake and interrupting the other ones. Killed her using Theran (playing Sage healer).

Holidays extra interrupt was very useful.

Tried to use Qyzen first, but he went down too fast and switching between him for healing and the boss for interrupts was annoying.

Still for me Sidonie was easier than the Quesh Sith groups.

I used Qyzen. I died the first time when I tried my regular rotation for heals and then damage to Bad Guy.

I then started throwing up interupts whenever they came off cooldown and she was doable.

I am Healer - Sage spec'd. I think I was around 31 or 32.

Easy as pie. Was 30 Healer Spec with Tharan healing.

Got her at first try, just interrupt her big stuff and she drops like a fly.

Edit:

I keep my gear up to date though. 4 Orange items, 1 purple. 2 greens the rest is blue.

Credits are not that hard to get with 15k coming in every day from space dailies :D

Edited by SandsOfArrakis

Wasn't she patched in version 1.1? I believe she's not as hard now as she used to be.

I didn't have a significant challenge with her when I did the quest so I'm not entirely sure what tactic I used. IIRC, As a level 32ish Balance Shadow I used Theran, interrupted what I could, kept all my DOTs on her, and kited a bit to keep Theran and me out of her AOE.

I didnt have any issue with her either on my Seer Sage with Qyzen or on my Kinetic Shadow with Tharan. You just have to use your interupts, which is usually the case with any elite mission boss.

If you think Sidonie is tough, wait until you meet Stark...:D

Thought she was pretty easy, although I was +2 when I fought her, she went down in about 30 seconds. Using Tharan as my companion and I never went below 90% health. The boss fights in this game have honestly been pretty underwhelming, especially once I got Tharan. With Qyzen it was at least a good fight, now with Tharan I rarely get below 80% in any fight, and I trounced Vivicar(Act I boss) in less than a minute, which was a little annoying after hearing for 35 levels that he's this awesome Sith lord behind this massive scheme...meh. Seems like as much work went into the Consular bosses as the actually story itself.