Erked.

Levity

That's a step in the right direction. Thank you, Eric.

Now assure us that you guys have not left Crafters on the wayside by maybe announcing a Crafting update coming soon, complete with new schematics for Crafted modifiable gear of all types and levels for all of the Crew Skills.

You can even use the Soon™ if you like.

Just give us something that tells us you haven't forgotten us.

:cool:

They are adding quite a bit of crafting stuff in Makeb, will it balance out the need for synthweavers/armstech/cybertechs etc etc. Probably not lol.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are adding quite a bit of crafting stuff in Makeb, will it balance out the need for synthweavers/armstech/cybertechs etc etc. Probably not lol.

Only level 50-55 stuff is being added with the expac, and for most crafting professions it's just green reverse engineer-able stuff to fill the gap.

:cool:

We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system.

First of all, as a legitimate fan of corporate wording, that is fine work. It is a system of reputation that is advanced by purchasing cartel packs with real money.

As you consume these reputation tokens, you gain more reputation. How on earth is it not directly tied to the other systems that work the exact same way?

Is this tied to the achievement system that appears in 2.0? If the answer is yes, moving the list does absolutely nothing. If no, then okey dokey.

First of all, as a legitimate fan of corporate wording, that is fine work. It is a system of reputation that is advanced by purchasing cartel packs with real money.

As you consume these reputation tokens, you gain more reputation. How on earth is it not directly tied to the other systems that work the exact same way?

Is this tied to the achievement system that appears in 2.0? If the answer is yes, moving the list does absolutely nothing. If no, then okey dokey.

It's not what you do, it's what people think you do. And most people are sheep who believe anything they are told.

We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system. Sometime in the future, (no exact timing yet) we are going to move all Cartel Market Reputations to their own tab within the Legacy UI.

Point completely missed.

/ironfist

If you read my original post I was more upset that I would be seeing a completely useless empty reputation bar. As long as they don't go further with this, which they are introducing achievements for CM **** in 2.0 which will probably not go well with everyone, then it's water under the bridge. Not seeing it for a lot of people will make them forget it even exists which is a step forward. Adding more stuff to it will be a terrible idea.

Why would it be tied to the achievement system? It's basically it's own self-contained achievement system.

If you read my original post I was more upset that I would be seeing a completely useless empty reputation bar.

So you don't care about the titles, the vendor, the gear, etc? You're just upset that there's a rep bar that you can't fill up? If you take away the titles and vendor, then the "rep" is completely useless. Please tell me this isn't just an OCD thing about filling up rep bars regardless of the particular rewards for that rep group.

Point completely missed.

/ironfist

I have to agree - we aren't annoyed that it's in the Reputations pane, it's the fact that it's reputation you have to pay for (for me, regardless of whether it's £'s or :sy_auction:'s) and not, you know, real content.

So you don't care about the titles, the vendor, the gear, etc? You're just upset that there's a rep bar that you can't fill up? If you take away the titles and vendor, then the "rep" is completely useless. Please tell me this isn't just an OCD thing about filling up rep bars regardless of the particular rewards for that rep group.

His issue might be OCD related, but he speaks for himself; I care about the titles and the gear.

I have to agree - we aren't annoyed that it's in the Reputations pane, it's the fact that it's reputation you have to pay for (for me, regardless of whether it's £'s or :sy_auction:'s) and not, you know, real content.

^^This. Subscribing is pointless if you are charged for new content.

It's not OCD, it's that I can't think of a single AAA mmo run by someone other than EA who has introduced PAID ONLY REPUTATION. Not one. So they're proving sort of making me long for Titan - and I don't even know what Titan will be like.

Suggestion: Complementary artifact-quality reputation to the Contraband Resale Corporation per month for subscribers.

Reason: Promotes subscriber loyalty and will still take forever to achieve new ranks without purchasing packs.

GG

Suggestion: Complementary artifact-quality reputation to the Contraband Resale Corporation per month for subscribers.

Reason: Promotes subscriber loyalty and will still take forever to achieve new ranks without purchasing packs.

GG

'fraid most of us who have an issue won't find that to be anything close to an adequate solution. And they won't even do that :/

I wanted to pop in and give an update on a few minor changes coming to the Cartel Market Reputation system. I know these things will not address all of your concerns but as always, keep your feedback coming. We are continuing to look at ways to improve the system.

• Coming in Game Update 1.7.3 Cartel Market Certificates will now be bind on legacy (as with any other timing announcement this is subject to change).

OK, that's a small change but fine, it only makes sense.

• We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system. Sometime in the future, (no exact timing yet) we are going to move all Cartel Market Reputations to their own tab within the Legacy UI.

As always, keep the feedback coming. We are constantly exploring new ways to improve on the Cartel Market Reputation system.

-eric

Wow, yes. The silliest and most minor change to the silliest and most minor of concerns, UI placement, is a totally appropriate first step to fixing a system so many of us seem to loathe utterly. Moving Pay4Rep (etc.) into its own tab doesn't make things better. You can't trick people into thinking it's not there.

Edited by Telanis

Why would it be tied to the achievement system? It's basically it's own self-contained achievement system.

Like I said. I give two poodles about the rep. rewards. I like titles though so maybe them. And I'm not upset anymore so useless to even bring it up really. And yes, the military indoctrinates you with a good amount of OCD.

Yes.. I don't care about the location and I don't think anyone else does.

Problems I'm seeing:

• Not BoL but BoP for Certificates (Seeing that is being fixed - TY)
  • Who is asking for UI Change? (Not urgent, don't care)
  • Grind = Money and/or Real Money
  • Repeating Rep Grind for this the next series of Catel "Packs" (As BW mentioned already)
  • Drop Rate of Certificates is terrible
  • Cost of items (10 certificates) is also really bad based on drop rate

Maybe drop Cert (After making BOL) every pack - keep prices as-is now?

Edited by dscount

[*]We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system. Sometime in the future, (no exact timing yet) we are going to move all Cartel Market Reputations to their own tab within the Legacy UI.

As always, keep the feedback coming. We are constantly exploring new ways to improve on the Cartel Market Reputation system.

-eric

Eric,

I wont say you are missing the point as I'm sure you completely understand what is happening. It is more likely that the company is trying to tip-toe around it because they know exactly what it means to them from a revenue perspective. There are better ways to get revenue than this system that would not only improve the game but have more player support.

Sleight of hand tricks with the UI do not change the underlying issue.

So long as there is a direct line from cash to reputation gain with no alternative approach to acquiring it, especially for paying subscribers, I fear the feedback will not be overly constructive.

Eric,

I wont say you are missing the point as I'm sure you completely understand what is happening. It is more likely that the company is trying to tip-toe around it because they know exactly what it means to them from a revenue perspective. There are better ways to get revenue than this system that would not only improve the game but have more player support.

So long as there is a direct line from cash to reputation gain with no alternative approach to acquiring it, especially for paying subscribers, I fear the feedback will not be overly constructive.

Agreed.

I have no problem with a reward programme, just let the certificates randomly drop from crates, no need for a reputation.

I unsubbed because of this but whilst this is a step , sorry Eric it's not enough to make me resub. Removing the rep aspect is the only thing that will suffice.

I wanted to pop in and give an update on a few minor changes coming to the Cartel Market Reputation system. I know these things will not address all of your concerns but as always, keep your feedback coming. We are continuing to look at ways to improve the system.

• Coming in Game Update 1.7.3 Cartel Market Certificates will now be bind on legacy (as with any other timing announcement this is subject to change).
  • We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system. Sometime in the future, (no exact timing yet) we are going to move all Cartel Market Reputations to their own tab within the Legacy UI.

-eric

Yet you miss the basic problem.

If the only way to obtain it is to spend real dollars then it is the very definition of pay to win.

Pay to win is not acceptable.

period.

At very least make the reputation items tradeable so they can be put on the GTN along with the certificates.

Eric knows damn well what the issue here is but he is playing dumb.

The sooner you start being honest about your policies the better.

Cartel Market is on a very slippery slope and it is going downhill fast along with your companies reputation.

-eric

Thanks Eric, it's nice to know you're listening.

Any idea whether this will be patched with 2.0?

Eric,

Pretty sure you're the one missing the point. The reputation offers gear that has zero ingame benefit - no stats. The reputation was designed specifically to reward people who buy stuff. You're missing the entire point by complaining that you have to... buy stuff.... to gain a reputation designed to reward people who... wait for it... buy stuff!