Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

This has to be the biggest joke ever..

No new flashpoints until August?

We are suppose to do these same 4 flashpoints until then? Ugh, I thought this next update was suppose to be exciting. Nightmare modes are great don't get me wrong. But nothing else? No Pazaak? New Space content? These updates are so stale and lacking..

Its not a joke, its a fact. And this you are naming a joke, is something that many customers have explained here since many months ago but people didnt want to listen and just called us trolls etcetcetc.

The game you are playing was made by guys who were fired a year ago. The current BW staff (except the F2P thing and the Cartel Crap) has just been finishing all the content that "fired" BW had started: Asation, HK-51, Ancient Warzone, Makeb, Cathar race.

Here we reach a point where all that content has been finished and released....2.2 is a joke cos they got nothing to offer you and they need to recycle Ops, events, Double XP weekends etc. And cos EA dont want to invest money on this game and these products need much money to be healthly and get new stuff regularly. The 8 cycle patch is a joke cos they release stale and tiny patchs.

I´ll say it again. The SwTor game you like a lot, died a year ago when Bioware staff was fired. Now is just a ghost with false promises.

Edited by Nyaara

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good roadmap, and I'm happy that we're getting this update and in this form as well.

Can we get some form of acknowledgement that the new Flashpoints will not just be a Hardmode of Red Reaper and Colicoid Wargames? Adding a little extra to an already existing map is not new in my eyes.

Outside of this, I'd love to see a map that stretches even longer. What's going on with the Space Missions, are we getting new comms content there? What of Guild Capital Spaceships and other new functionalities that have been on the table for quite some time?

Thanks for the update, glad to see that stuff is on the horizon!

"It won't help.... cause they're not related. Lag/ability delay is a server side issue. Adding better textures, lighting, shadows, etc will have no effect on the ability delay issue. If it's graphics related your FPS will drop and motion will be choppy, not delayed, If graphics are to much then slide them down.

And many of us do enjoy the graphics upgrade as we get new pc hardware. And that is why we are PC gamers. Our games can scale over time. A graphics update doesn't affect you, cause you would need to turn it on in your settings. All you've gained is more for the future and for some of us the present.

One of the biggest forums post I've seen here was about the graphics, in the first months of release, about the low rez character textures in game vs cut scenes... they couldn't ignore it and so they added a few new graphic options. For a mmo where you live with your characters people over time do find their graphics very important for a lasting appeal."

I am not going to pretend to know everything about lag, and graphics, but what I do well is deduct from what Ive seen. This game has had a constant lag issue, and it got worse when they started updating the graphics. Maybe your right, but the devs have refused to confirm or deny if its a server side issue. At least from what I have read, note from what I have read. Not form what other people have seen or read.

As for graphics and pcs, I play pc games because I can twist and turn them, and if you play some of them right they really are a mind bender. Also unlike consoles you can get a good pc and be set for every game that comes down the pipe for years, without ever having to update. So on that note, no I am not too keen on graphics. As far as this game goes I think there is a 1000 other things that need looked ahead of graphics. Graphics are of the moment, meaning once people get used to them, they stop being enjoyable. People dont stick around in a mmo for graphics. This of course is my personnel opinion. Animations on the other hand well thats a different story.

Its not a joke, its a fact. And this you are naming a joke, is something that many customers have explained here since many months ago but people didnt want to listen and just called us trolls etcetcetc.

The game you are playing was made by guys who were fired a year ago. The current BW staff (except the F2P thing and the Cartel Crap) has just been finishing all the content that "fired" BW had started: Asation, HK-51, Ancient Warzone, Makeb, Cathar race.

Here we reach a point where all that content has been finished and released....2.2 is a joke cos they got nothing to offer you and they need to recycle Ops, events, Double XP weekends etc. And cos EA dont want to invest money on this game and this products needs much money to be healthly and get new stuff regularly. The 8 cycle patch is a joke cos they release stale and tiny patchs.

I´ll say it again. The SwTor game you like a lot, died a year ago when Bioware staff was fired. Now is just a ghost with false promises.

Exaggerate much? A lot of those people are actually still employed with Bioware and working on SWTOR. Yes, there were some big layoffs from the original 400+ man team, but I don't know why people keep acting like it was everyone.

James Ohlen, Dallas Dickerson, Damion Schubert, Hall Hood, Charles Boyd, Jeff Dobson, Gabe Amantangelo, Jesse Sky, Rob Hinkle, William Wallace, Austin Peckenpaugh, Blaine Christine, Cory Butler, even Bruce Maclean, and many others, they're all part of the original team. Most of those guys other than Ohlen have posted on the forums or been at a convention recently. Gabe's been quiet lately, but he's still there, apparently.

There's much less supporting staff, so they just aren't going to get stuff done as fast as they could had they not downsized, and most of that downsizing was Q&A and Community, IIRC.

Nothing for me to look forward to, this game was supposed to be all about story, now it is just another game like all others. Where end game is all about boring raids, boring daily quest grinds or boring warzone PvP....

After my current sub is done, I will not return until there is another Makeb type expansion, as there is nothing other than story in this game that is unique compared to other MMOs.

Edited by Merwanor

Exaggerate much? A lot of those people are actually still employed with Bioware and working on SWTOR. Yes, there were some big layoffs from the original 400+ man team, but I don't know why people keep acting like it was everyone.

First. Do a reseach and check a video launched long time ago by old BW staff. After that, just check 1.4 til 2.1 patches and tell me all the new content but the thing you can see in that video. Nothing but Cartel Market.

Second. Why Adrian Newey (Formula 1) earns so much money and not the ones who carry the wheels or clean the car?. What happens is you fire Adrian Newey but not the rest of the team?. You think the next RB would be the same?. No. It will be different. Same than SwTor when EA fired BW and took the control over the whole game.

You want an example? Where are the class stories in Makeb?. They gone a year ago with old staff and never come back. And class stories was a core feature, not anymore.

Edited by Nyaara

First. Do a reseach and check a video launched long time ago by old BW staff. After that, just check 1.4 til 2.1 patches and tell me all the new content but the thing you can see in that video. Nothing but Cartel Market.

Second. Why Adrian Newey (Formula 1) earns so much money and not the ones who carry the wheels or clean the car?. What happens is you fire Adrian Newey but not the rest of the team?. You think the next RB would be the same?. No. It will be different. Same than SwTor when EA fired BW and took the control over the whole game.

You want an example? Where are the class stories in Makeb?. They gone a year ago with old staff and never come back. And class stories was a core feature, not anymore.

Sir/ma'am, I am not hear to argue about much less content they are producing then they were around launch. I've been here since pre-launch. The fact is, a good number of the original staff is still employed at Bioware and working on SWTOR and your statement is simply untrue. The information is out there. All those people I listed are in the game's original credits. Many others are as well and have active linkedin accounts showing their employment, many of them have piped in media every now and then. I follow some of the designers and writers on Twitter that I didn't even list because they're not "the celebrities". They seem passionate about the game and obviously don't get a ton of money for it.

The class stories were never intended to be on Makeb. You can go back and read interviews with former Designer Daniel Erickson from when the game was not F2P yet where he said Makeb was not designed to have class stories. And that is why they don't have them. Will they ever make them again? Maybe, maybe not, signs seem to point to no. The game may not be living up to hopes and expectations, but it's not an empty shell by any means. At least, not yet.

Edited by chuixupu

•New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.

Cant we have some proper guild love instead of this.

Still do not have a guild email.

Message of the day mechanics is shocking and not enough text allowed.

Guild cap limit is pathetically low (500 for a game where 1 player can have 22 characters).

No Guild calendar (we are okay as use a website but not all guilds have a site).

Cross faction guild chat. Guild ships.

Reduced guild bank tab costs (was okay until Legacy came out but players now rightly save credits for legacy unlocks rather than donations to guild bank)

•New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.

Cant we have some proper guild love instead of this.

Still do not have a guild email.

Message of the day mechanics is shocking and not enough text allowed.

Guild cap limit is pathetically low (500 for a game where 1 player can have 22 characters).

No Guild calendar (we are okay as use a website but not all guilds have a site).

Cross faction guild chat. Guild ships.

Reduced guild bank tab costs (was okay until Legacy came out but players now rightly save credits for legacy unlocks rather than donations to guild bank)

^ This.

I don't expect cross faction guild chat to ever happen, and guild ships would just be a cool fun crazy thing, but there is so much more they can do for guilds.

Also guild achievements and ways to earn extra funds into the bank without having to have the rich members be generous.

ive been defending this game since day one, but now, now how am i supposed to defend it?!?!? i CANT!!! all the updates since hypergates has been pve oriented. hell, the one pvp update in 2.0 was pve oriented (bolster) and no one wants it!!!! nearly a year between major (i use that word lightly) pvp updates is just unacceptable.

I might get excited about double xp weekends this summer if they actually were going to be during the summer! You know, like when schools and colleges are on holiday in AUGUST!

I don't know why BW can't do what some other MMOs have done and give out free double xp buffs instead. That way people can use them at times they are able to play and and those who don't want double xp don't have to use them.

I have about 20 days left on my sub and nothing I have seen in this post has made me want to extend it.

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.

We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

Nice update coming

Could you please add in an of/on switch for exp ,being a subbed player the xp gain is already to much and without the guild 5% boost I am over leveling planets by over 5 levels and add the 5% + rested that increases to over 8 levels and that's just doing normal questing and 1 daily FP and no pvp.I can see me being over 10 levels if you add another 5% for unique guild members per planet.

The only things I actually miss are a few H-4's due to much of a pain to get a group for,so I am not going to miss out whole chunks of quest's due to you making the xp gain to much,doing quests and exploring is my main reason I play and I will not skip any even if it is my 12th time on that planet,i still find stuff i have missed.Guess I will be just crafting during the xp bonus weekends lol.

:)

Edited by Avorniel

The class stories were never intended to be on Makeb. You can go back and read interviews with former Designer Daniel Erickson from when the game was not F2P yet where he said Makeb was not designed to have class stories. And that is why they don't have them. Will they ever make them again? Maybe, maybe not, signs seem to point to no. The game may not be living up to hopes and expectations, but it's not an empty shell by any means. At least, not yet.

Makeb was not intended to be an expansion pack (cant be an expansion pack really cos hardly is a DLC) was intended to be a free update. We can say the same about the Cathar race.

You wont see any class stories anymore, big expansions and patches. You wont see more than you see now: weak patches with recycled content and tons of Cartel Crap stuff.

And you wont see cos SwTor is not an AAA anymore since they fired the old staff and EA changed the course of the game. Now is a F2P game and if the game is good enough yet is cos was developed as an AAA and much of that content still remains. But the problem is that they cant live with old stuff much longer and 2.1 -2.2 patches are examples about the new direction and what you should expect in the future. The sooner you understand, the better for you. :)

Nothing for me to look forward to, this game was supposed to be all about story, now it is just another game like all others. Where end game is all about boring raids, boring daily quest grinds or boring warzone PvP....

After my current sub is done, I will not return until there is another Makeb type expansion, as there is nothing other than story in this game that is unique compared to other MMOs.

Yeah, well, the problem with stories is that they eventually end, and it takes time to write and make a sequel (whether we are talking about games, books, movies or TV shows). I hope that there will be some new story in August with the new flashpoints, daily zone and event

Okay thanks for the laugh. PvP did NOT keep this game afloat and in fact PvP has NEVER kept any game afloat as the PvP'ers are a very small but vocal minority in any MMO. You can believe what you want but that is a fact.

I didn't see you present any facts.

If its so about story, then where are all the new class stories? Oh, that's right.

Makeb was a new story, sure it was essentially the same story for all the classes, still a new story, also their selling point rather than PVP.

But please do keep trying to look like you guys are the "only thing keeping this game afloat" :rolleyes:

Well all ops eventually get nightmare mode. Did you somehow expect they will NOT give TFB and S&V Nightmare modes this time for some reason?

That's something that should be released DAY 1 of with the new content, not months later in the form of "new content" updates.

[*]Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

How desperate and sad is Bioware presenting this as a major feature for 2.2. Pathetic.

Edited by faiaaar

That's something that should be released DAY 1 of with the new content, not months later in the form of "new content" updates.

No I like it better this way so nightmare mode ends up being a better challenge. Mainly because they can see tricks people use to beat bosses from hard modes.