What about pre-equipping the Adaptive Armor scaled to level?

Orlogg

64 planetary Comms is 192 war zone Comms. That's aproximately 2 PvP matches. So 2 pvp match for each person you want fully modded at level. If PvP isn't your thing then do heroics. Heroics at level to hard? Go back to old worlds and do the heroics there solo. You will still get credits and Comms/vendor-able gear. Find the ones that just give Comms if you like.

Hello there,

That's WRONG, 64 planet comms would be 2560 WZ Comms

As for the op idea i'd pay for scaleable mods.why not?

Time IS Money. so if i play 2 weeks to get my ultimate comms or my gear or i pay for them it's the same thing.

I would pay and i will if that's gonna be an option.

For clarity: my OP proposal was about one-time, non-reusable modifications in the slots, not for WoW-style heirloom stats that grow while you level up. Those imho would be devastating for crafters and for the in-game economy.

And I'm not even fully convinced my OP proposal was that good... Several people have raised legit or at least sympathetic objections. Yet, I maintain the position that it's odd to pay about € 9,20 (or more, when you bought your CC in smaller quantities) for an armor set that you cannot use unless you go out to buy a bunch of modifications. That seems like pay-to-pay to me...

Hello there,

That's WRONG, 64 planet comms would be 2560 WZ Comms

You are quite right not sure why I thought Comms converted at 30 to 10. I'll edit my post to reflect your correction. However the points of my post stand. At 2560 WZ Comms is around 10+ warzones with variance given for daily/weekly awards and wins/losses. If PvP is your thing 10+ warzones a day is not asking much. The OP is not a PvP player anyway, so none of this solves his issue.

Time IS Money. so if i play 2 weeks to get my ultimate comms or my gear or i pay for them it's the same thing.

Some whys were given. I'm sure there are more.

Generally the vast vocal majority has made it clear that using real life wealth as a means of bypassing the grind is frowned at. Your axiom that "time is money" is hyperbole. You pay to play this game, the game doesn't pay you in money, so in this case your time is worth you giving them money? Anyway, when this game sold gear with stats for cc the forums howled until it was removed. The few suggestions that we return to that has never gained traction.

OP's idea wasn't scalable mods, he knows EA will never go for scalable mods, what he was suggesting was that the game looks at the character buying, and fits in mods suitable to that character or maybe a bit lower (maxing out at the level of mods from the Corealian comms mods vendor I presume). Once fitted those mods are set at that level, and disappear if removed (which would get someone complaining I'm sure).

This would be a nice addition since you don't have to pay to strip out mods from existing gear and fit those, but wouldn't change the nature of the game much. Which is why I added my support. And remember those mods would effectively be incorporated into the Price (maybe they could do a modded and unmodded price).

Hello again out there,

OP's idea wasn't scalable mods, he knows EA will never go for scalable mods, what he was suggesting was that the game looks at the character buying, and fits in mods suitable to that character or maybe a bit lower (maxing out at the level of mods from the Corealian comms mods vendor I presume). Once fitted those mods are set at that level, and disappear if removed (which would get someone complaining I'm sure).

This would be a nice addition since you don't have to pay to strip out mods from existing gear and fit those, but wouldn't change the nature of the game much. Which is why I added my support. And remember those mods would effectively be incorporated into the Price (maybe they could do a modded and unmodded price).

I must agree, but you see right now there are out there other mmo's that are offering you actually more for your money (real money) and there are also a lot more mmo's to come out this year. WoW want to offer chars upgrade to level 90 for money for example, not that i need that but to pay for gear that one can use directly now that's something i would pay for. Btw the idea to make "powerleveling services" obsolete by offering that ingame is not so bad at all- there would be no such services if there would be no demand...

anyway happy grinding :p

had a look through here,and here are my thoughts.

1.all adaptive armor etc bought from the CM only have a level 1 requirement and come with complimentary scaling modifications.These complimentary modifications are BOP and can not be gained from collections,to prevent abusing it for easy free modifications.Also as suggested by the OP with his idea,they will vanish when taken out of the armor.

2.To prevent making crafting crew skills such as Cybertech obsolete for modifications,these modifications have a small 'adaption period'.Starting from the level you get the armor from the CM to about 3 levels later.A small but useful addition that won't destroy crafting Crew skills.

3.Cybertechs etc can craft special adaptive modifications similar to the complimentary CM modifications,the difference being these unique adaptive modifications start from level 1 and cap out at level 8.Allowing low level alts to wear what they want with the stats they would get from quest greens/blues at that level.

3A.The complimentary CM adaptive modifications will count as green/premium modifications.

3B.Cybertech etc don't have this 'limitation' instead being able to craft the modifications like standard modifications with 3 tiers of quality.

I do like the idea of having Adaptive Armor with level appropriate modifications,it would also provide an excuse to add scaling 1-8 modifications for low levels on starter planets.

WoW want to offer chars upgrade to level 90 for money for example,

They do?? To me that would mean I'd pay to miss most of the fun. In WoW I like questing more than the endgame content. Although I must admit I found it almost unbearably boring to have to go through all these well-known territories like the Barrens, even after the flood. That's why I my Pandabear is still waiting in the Barrens, lol.

I'd rather have WoW — and I am sure that I'll feel the same about SWTOR after I have been playing that longer — to add more lower level areas, so that not every char has to go through the same root. Iirc there are some level ranges in which you can choose where to go in WoW, but that's not the case for every level range. In SWTOR, it seems my chars sofar have to take the same planetary root, although the Agent sometimes get some nice extras (the space stations).

On topic: what I (and, as far as I am aware off, all commenters sofar) forgot: Those armor sets can be unlocked for an additional price (typically 33% of the initial price). After that, you can get endless (yet bound-to-character) copies for all your chars.

Provided the OP idea would be implemented, should these additional copies come with in-built, non-reusable modifications too?

Provided the OP idea would be implemented, should these additional copies come with in-built, non-reusable modifications too?

As far as i know the gear that one can allready buy that have mods in it lev 15 and 31 i think, doea not come back from collections with mods but just the shells so it actually be ok to not have mods in it

but anyway why not have the option to buy just a mods kit , i mean let all be as it is right now and just add a mods kit.

or let us buy a commedations pack :cool: let's say universal comms that one could change ingame for whatever comms one need...(i can hear you not ultimate comms :mad: ...perhaps max elite?:))

As far as i know the gear that one can allready buy that have mods in it lev 15 and 31 i think, doea not come back from collections with mods but just the shells

They do? Afaik additional copies can only be obtained by separate, full-price purchases at the cartel market. I don't think it's possible to get additional copies through the 'collections' (but I'll be very happen to be proven wrong on this — please tell me, if so!).

let us buy a commedations pack :cool: let's say universal comms that one could change ingame for whatever comms one need...

A lot of players might considered that unfair: being able to spend real money would bypass the need to develop skills.

I'm not sure whether I agree to that objection though...While doing dailies with my lvl 55 is still fun to me, it also takes me about an hour a day, and then I wanna play on my other characters too. Meanwhile, my wife complains that I spend too much time playing games. And personally I'm more into stories and having adventures, and am not extremely interested in the excellence of my skills, so I'd probably welcome it.

But if that would ruin the game for a lot of people who disagree, it wouldn't be worth it.

Hello there,

They do? Afaik additional copies can only be obtained by separate, full-price purchases at the cartel market. I don't think it's possible to get additional copies through the 'collections' (but I'll be very happen to be proven wrong on this — please tell me, if so!).

just checked and I was wrong the only obtion is to buy them in CM, i confused them with the mounts where the copies come without the legacy unlock, sorry about that.

A lot of players might considered that unfair: being able to spend real money would bypass the need to develop skills.

I see it as a pure personal choice, having BIS gear does not make one a good player just helps anyway we are not talking about BIS gear :D

I'm not sure whether I agree to that objection though...While doing dailies with my lvl 55 is still fun to me, it also takes me about an hour a day, and then I wanna play on my other characters too. Meanwhile, my wife complains that I spend too much time playing games. And personally I'm more into stories and having adventures, and am not extremely interested in the excellence of my skills, so I'd probably welcome it.

Doing daillies is fun when you do them on your first char or second but just grinding for hours and hours to gear your pets is not fun anymore and by doing that i'm just getting a aggro wife myself ;) even if i've told her that i'm playing a simple healer not a tank .

But if that would ruin the game for a lot of people who disagree, it wouldn't be worth it.

I really can not understand how could that ruin the game for anyone.Crafting crystals works for me just like crafting mods and enhancements or armorings and i still can sell them and i mean the blues not the artifact ones even if one can buy them with comms or get them via collections (the crystals)

why would be the game ruined if i would spend my real money to get gear mods just to spare me the comms grinding the ones who want to spend would spend the others not, simple as that. and ofc no more aggro wife :)

the comms pack (not ultimate) would be the best way for me to get what i want and for BW/EA to get my money

:)

So basically what the OP is asking for is to turn the cartel market into a Pay 2 Win borderline case so that the haters can pour even more fuel on the fire?

No thanx... It really isn't that hard to get proper mods anyway.

Hey there,

Would you please define Pay2Win for me please?

Imho a p2w situation would only ocur if the gear one would get by paying for it would bring benefits otherwise not available allready ingame like let's say BIS items that none could get ingame by grinding/raids. A situation where one could buy comms(some interchangeable with planetary and/or elite) would be in no way a pay 2 win situtation

it would be just a shortcut to hours of boring grinding same areas again and again.let's see, you want to gear your alts and most ppl i know are farming plantet comms by doing H+ missions or fps geting mods from planet vendors and mailing them to their alts, is that suposed to make me enjoy the game for a looong time? no way.

i enjoy doing new missions, living the adventure, the story etc (and all that by not having aggro wife :rolleyes:)

It really isn't that hard to get proper mods anyway ....you're right it's not it's just boring when you're doing that for the xxx-th time so what i want is just a shortcut :)

have fun

Imho a p2w situation would only ocur if the gear one would get by paying for it would bring benefits otherwise not available allready ingame like let's say BIS items that none could get ingame by grinding/raids. A situation where one could buy comms(some interchangeable with planetary and/or elite) would be in no way a pay 2 win situtation

it would be just a shortcut to hours of boring grinding same areas again and again.let's see, you want to gear your alts and most ppl i know are farming plantet comms by doing H+ missions or fps geting mods from planet vendors and mailing them to their alts, is that suposed to make me enjoy the game for a looong time? no way.

i enjoy doing new missions, living the adventure, the story etc (and all that by not having aggro wife :rolleyes:)

It really isn't that hard to get proper mods anyway ....you're right it's not it's just boring when you're doing that for the xxx-th time so what i want is just a shortcut :)

You bring up some good points.

In addition, it *is* hard to get proper mods if you

1. want to keep up ALL your companions, and in addition
  2. want to have multiple gear sets for several companions

Indeed it gets boring, and also it will take a longer time to get to the point of simply being able to dress your companions up (and have them change every now and then). It would seem fair if the Cartel Store would somehow offer a customized solution for this. It sucks for people with not enough money, but the game isn't build on Marxist theories anyway. Besides, people who cannot afford this, are likely in the position of being unemployed, which means they have a lot more time than people who have jobs (and money) so it seems that both groups of customers would be catered this way. Those with jobs can take a short cut and buy commendations, and those without jobs can play the game 16 hrs a day, every day, to obtain their commendations in-game.

@ Tslok: I like your suggestion (commendations for sale) better than mine. Of course, the commendations should be account-bound (otherwise I presume the economy would derail, although it is hard to predict).

I think it might mildly hurt crafters, but not everybody will buy these commendations. Besides it might be a nice incentive for them to not overprice their products.

Edited by Orlogg

So basically what the OP is asking for is to turn the cartel market into a Pay 2 Win borderline case so that the haters can pour even more fuel on the fire?

No thanx... It really isn't that hard to get proper mods anyway.

It's not P2W at all. We're just asking for the blank CC items to come with mods so you can use them as soon as you get them. Those mods could be anywhere from on your level to a couple levels below, but it's annoying to have legacy-unlocked items on or below lvl 10, but not be able to use them because you can't get mods.

That's like saying being able to pass unbound adaptive stuff to an alt is unfair.

/tiphat,

Xak

This makes no sense. You can buy a set of armor from the Cartel Market, or pull one out of collections and your stats using it will be a bit better than most of what you'll find until you hit about level 7 which is the time when you can start filling the adaptive orange gear with mods and thus the outfit you wear will always scale to your level.

The base stats on all the adaptive sets and orange gear is the same. To somehow buff this and make that buff scale would totally **** up the game's mechanics.

You bring up some good points.

In addition, it *is* hard to get proper mods if you

1. want to keep up ALL your companions, and in addition
  2. want to have multiple gear sets for several companions

Indeed it gets boring, and also it will take a longer time to get to the point of simply being able to dress your companions up (and have them change every now and then). It would seem fair if the Cartel Store would somehow offer a customized solution for this. It sucks for people with not enough money, but the game isn't build on Marxist theories anyway. Besides, people who cannot afford this, are likely in the position of being unemployed, which means they have a lot more time than people who have jobs (and money) so it seems that both groups of customers would be catered this way. Those with jobs can take a short cut and buy commendations, and those without jobs can play the game 16 hrs a day, every day, to obtain their commendations in-game.

I think it might mildly hurt crafters, but not everybody will buy these commendations. Besides it might be a nice incentive for them to not overprice their products.

Hello again,

Yes I 100% agree with you !

About hurting crafters, i still can sell my low level crystals even if one can have them from collections, there are lots of ppl out there that are not paying for the cartel stuff ---my buyers

I'd love to see what the ppl at BW think about that.Any chance that you guys are reading this ?

edit:

@Orlogg or should we open a new thread ?

Edited by Tslok
new idea

This makes no sense. You can buy a set of armor from the Cartel Market, or pull one out of collections and your stats using it will be a bit better than most of what you'll find until you hit about level 7 which is the time when you can start filling the adaptive orange gear with mods and thus the outfit you wear will always scale to your level.

The base stats on all the adaptive sets and orange gear is the same. To somehow buff this and make that buff scale would totally **** up the game's mechanics.

At what suggestion did you aim this reaction? Are you even in the right thread??

@Orlogg or should we open a new thread ?

You're free to open a new thread of course. Make sure to think of a better (less ambivalent, less multi-interpretable) title than I did!

I suspect many people who come here and write a reply, just read the title and/or some posts, while the points/objections they bring up are already addressed and/or explained/corrected. Of course, that can be expected when a thread begins to grow. For the thread starter, that is frustrating!

Too bad I can't close the thread.

I know you can get multiple sets of armor, and these are not the issue here. The multiple sets of item modifications you'd be needing - that's the issue!

In my opnion it *is* hard to get modifications for your adaptive armor if you wanna equip several (say) three of your companions. Even for one character I find that doing quests only make this possible every once in a few levels.

Let's say, per character you have about 5 Armorings and 1 Barrel slot (about 7 Planet Comms each), 6 Mod and 5 Enhancement shots (2 PC each). That means you'd need around 64 Planet comms to properly equip one character, and the same amount for each companion you want to dress up.

If you've hit the level cap, you won't be getting Planet Comms, and you'll be needing other item modifications anyway, that you can buy with the other currrency, of which you even get less as measured to what you'd need!

Am I such a bad player that I find that rather much?? If so, please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Unless you need to be playing 14 hours a day, seven days a week... BTW Maybe Heroics reward a multitude of PCs? I almost never do these...

Actually it's not hard at all. I've managed to equip not only myself but all of my companions with lvl 66-69 mods. You just have to think outside the box. :cool:

Actually it's not hard at all. I've managed to equip not only myself but all of my companions with lvl 66-69 mods.

I am actually getting more and more, but it will take rather long.

And I thought becomng a Sith implied taking the fast 'n' easy path...

You just have to think outside the box. :cool:

You mean like... getting a job at the Sand Speeder Wash at Mos Ila??

Edited by Orlogg

I am actually getting more and more, but it will take rather long.

And I thought becomng a Sith implied taking the fast 'n' easy path...

You mean like... getting a job at the Sand Speeder Wash at Mos Ila??

Whatever it takes.

At what suggestion did you aim this reaction? Are you even in the right thread??

I misunderstood. I thought someone was asking for gear that scaled to level which didn't make sense to me as the gear already scales based on whatever you put in it. I didn't realize that people wanted to make this game even easier than it is by being able to buy their gear with Cartel Coins. Even if it is for companions this is a BAD idea.

Buying already modded gear with Cartel Coins brings the game into a pay to win type situation. I'll never support that. People are whining that it's too hard to get gear for your companions. It isn't. Between left over commendations and gear drops most of my companions are at least 69's or better with many being in the 72/78 range. And I don't even play the game as much as a lot of others do. I logon for raids and little else. I never do dailies or even flashpoints. Joining 16 man SM groups gets you commendations pretty damn fast. Doing this gets you full Oriconian pretty fast. Elite commendations can be used to gear up your favorite companion pretty quickly.

It's about how you spend your time in the game. Some people don't have gear that play 10 hours a day. Those people craft, level alts or whatever and that never gets you gear and only costs credits. Raiding gets you gear faster than anything else.

And as for the comments about crafting being hurt by this ludicrous idea, no it wouldn't. BioWare already killed the profitability of crafting when they prevented crafters from making the top tier of gear available for reverse engineering. At one level behind it was still somewhat profitable but not like it was. Now that your basically two tiers of gear back from the top tier crafting for anything other than cosmetic items is essentially useless.

Edited by Spamfritter

@Spamfritter: thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize that people wanted to make this game even easier than it is by being able to buy their gear with Cartel Coins.

Gear *is* already sold by the Cartel Store. Those armor sets are just not readily usable.

Even if it is for companions this is a BAD idea.

Buying already modded gear with Cartel Coins brings the game into a pay to win type situation. I'll never support that.

I can sympathize with that, and even partly agree to it. It has even been addressed in this thread (and even in the OP already), the reason I wish I were able to have it locked.

Yet, as Tslok said: time is money. Eventually you wlll be having all the gear you want, but why shouldn't a shortcut to that situation not be allowed to be sold as well? It's not so much a pay-to-win scenario, but a pay-to-not-having-to-spend-that-much-time-on-dailies-etc scenario. People might frown upon it, but it would be optional and not mandatory.

And he got a more elegant suggestion than mine, although I suspect also at least as controversial: have the Cartel Store sell Commendations.

Meanhwile, I personally I am learning to cope, and I'm actually enjoying gathering the modifications through the various means the game offers, so the matter is now academic to me, so to speak.

Edited by Orlogg