BH Bodyguard New to PVP: Endless Harassment

Coolrockski

From the record, I'm level 29 Merc Bodyguard and new to PVP, so obviously, a total noob.

I really like PVP, but man, it is tough playing as Merc Bodyguard compared to Scoundrel/Operative healer. The stealth and instant cast heals are huge difference makers. As a level 29 Operative, getting 100+ K heals are easy, especially when I don't have to worry about dying. As a Merc Bodyguard, I die 4-5 times a match, heal around 75000K and do some damage. It's fun, but endless ganks. I do try to stay away from the action and move after a few casts, but it helps little. The Force users all move in fast and I'm dead 1 vs 1. I do have points in power shield and protective field, but it seems to only put off eventually dying anyway, especially when it turns into 3 or 4 on 1.

And honestly, when you get a few mvp votes and around 8-9 medals sometimes, it's motivation to keep trying.

Any advice other than you suck because you don't heal for 300K? (which I have never seen in the 10 or so warzones I have played)

From the record, I'm level 29 Merc Bodyguard and new to PVP, so obviously, a total noob.

I really like PVP, but man, it is tough playing as Merc Bodyguard compared to Scoundrel/Operative healer. The stealth and instant cast heals are huge difference makers. As a level 29 Operative, getting 100+ K heals are easy, especially when I don't have to worry about dying. As a Merc Bodyguard, I die 4-5 times a match, heal around 75000K and do some damage. It's fun, but endless ganks. I do try to stay away from the action and move after a few casts, but it helps little. The Force users all move in fast and I'm dead 1 vs 1. I do have points in power shield and protective field, but it seems to only put off eventually dying anyway, especially when it turns into 3 or 4 on 1.

And honestly, when you get a few mvp votes and around 8-9 medals sometimes, it's motivation to keep trying.

Any advice other than you suck because you don't heal for 300K? (which I have never seen in the 10 or so warzones I have played)

Bodyguard/Combat Medic really takes a while to come together -- you really start coming in line right around level 30 and are pretty close to fully powered at you enter the mid 40s. I guess that qualifies the AC as a late bloomer? Once you get your 31-point skill and start getting some of your heat maintenance options, you should be able to survive longer on raw healing output. Lowbie is rough in my experience as any healer until halfway through the leveling curve, just because DPS tend to get their key abilities and procs sooner and there tends to be ALOT of deathmatching in lowbie (two ingredients which make healing a pain in the neck).

Let me put it this way, the class has the highest learning curve of the healers but eventually becomes the most durable of the healers. It just takes time, experience, and gear.

Bodyguard/Combat Medic really takes a while to come together -- you really start coming in line right around level 30 and are pretty close to fully powered at you enter the mid 40s. I guess that qualifies the AC as a late bloomer? Once you get your 31-point skill and start getting some of your heat maintenance options, you should be able to survive longer on raw healing output. Lowbie is rough in my experience as any healer until halfway through the leveling curve, just because DPS tend to get their key abilities and procs sooner and there tends to be ALOT of deathmatching in lowbie (two ingredients which make healing a pain in the neck).

Let me put it this way, the class has the highest learning curve of the healers but eventually becomes the most durable of the healers. It just takes time, experience, and gear.

This. I started to suck less when closing in on level 37 with my commando. I get at least 180k healing in a warzone if I'm pressured and if I'm allowed to freecast I get around 300k healing. I imagine it gets better when you get the 31 point talent to manage your energy better.

Thanks for the input. What build do you use?

This. I started to suck less when closing in on level 37 with my commando. I get at least 180k healing in a warzone if I'm pressured and if I'm allowed to freecast I get around 300k healing. I imagine it gets better when you get the 31 point talent to manage your energy better.

In the 1-49 bracket? Trauma probe and preventative medicine make that kind of difference? I've hit 170K, almost completely ignored in a WZ, and felt like I never stopped casting except for ammo issues where I feel fairly constrained under pressure.

I just don't get those numbers and wonder if there isn't internet bragging inflation built in, or you premade, or something.

In the 1-49 bracket? Trauma probe and preventative medicine make that kind of difference? I've hit 170K, almost completely ignored in a WZ, and felt like I never stopped casting except for ammo issues where I feel fairly constrained under pressure.

I just don't get those numbers and wonder if there isn't internet bragging inflation built in, or you premade, or something.

Still level 37. I do have a cybertech and artifice character churning out artifact modifications for every level. Trauma probe makes you immortal when facing bads. I find that I heal better on my commando than my lvl 28 operative but I might need surgical probe to not run out of energy on the operative. Otherwise badly geared people take a lot of burst damage in 10-49 that I feel is easier to heal through with the commando than my operative. It's important to keep energy regen on max at all times though. Don't heal those you can never save either. A waste of resources. Focus on the people that make a difference in the warzone.

And no I don't premade on that character. I think I had a guard on me only once. It's all about LOSing and hiding.

EDIT: So far 300k healing has only been done in full length voidstars when freecasting. Otherwise in normal warzones I average out around 230-250k healing.

Edited by Theodulus