Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Deserter Lockout, terrible new mechanic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deserter Lockout, terrible new mechanic

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
08.07.2020 , 01:48 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm against it personally. Random WZ's ensures all maps get played. A less popular map that some people like would end up dead and that's unfair to those players. The closest thing to being fair imo would be a map vote system when the queue pops and the match loads into the map that was voted for.
No...tyranny of the majority. I'd almost never get the maps i like. Novare Coast was came up for me three times in a row and I was sick of it by the end. A fourth time and I would have gone insane. Getting a map that I hate several times in a row would be godawful. It would only prompt more deserters.

Incidentally, I have noticed a creeping increase in the frequency of deserters in matches. For the first few days, it seemed that you'd get your 8 and that was it. This deserter debuff is serving to potentially influence players to fight harder. Lately, however, those who have no interest in a map or a particular match are bailing anyway. Dunno if your experience varies.

Turn-XGundam's Avatar


Turn-XGundam
08.07.2020 , 03:07 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
You left the match. You are the one to blame and deservedly got the quitters penalty.
i go stealth and go afk in the matches. what are you gonna do ?? how is the system working out for ya

premades and same terrible wz maps is what kills pvp

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.07.2020 , 03:16 PM | #53
I don’t think many people know about the deserter buff. Still the same amount of people leaving matches

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
08.07.2020 , 03:38 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
i go stealth and go afk in the matches. what are you gonna do ?? how is the system working out for ya

premades and same terrible wz maps is what kills pvp
Premades don't kill pvp, bad players kill pvp. Good players group up, teach bad players lesson. bang bang bang on head. ouch, hurt, cry. make post about premades, unfair they better.
All the while ignoring the fact that team play has proven successful and they still refuse to play like a team, therefore they lose.
not premades fault individuals are ignorant
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
08.07.2020 , 03:55 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
Premades don't kill pvp, bad players kill pvp. Good players group up, teach bad players lesson. bang bang bang on head. ouch, hurt, cry. make post about premades, unfair they better.
All the while ignoring the fact that team play has proven successful and they still refuse to play like a team, therefore they lose.
not premades fault individuals are ignorant
The problem you're ignoring is that "bad" (read normal) players make up most of the PvP population (myself included). Premades can discourage solo players when the solo players are kept from having any impact on a game other than stats for the opposing team.

Another problem you're overlooking is the time-honored "horse to water" proverb which does, I admit, reinforce your argument (people need to work as a team, but the opportunity is often dismissed). However, it also helps the point I want to make which is the following: a single player alone cannot do more than influence players to work as a team...and that only works if others believe in his/her leadership. Most people ignore instructions, or they give contradicting opinions as to what should be done resulting in no decisive action being taken by enough people to accomplish anything. Sometimes players sync, but that is rare.

Banning premades is not a solution. Creating a queue for premades only is not a solution because it would dilute an already thin PvP playerbase. Premade groups only teach solo players two things:

1) that it sucks to play against premade groups
2) join a group or die

What I am getting at here is that there is no action to take, no grand lesson to be learned. People need to vent and that's that.

Sabatiel's Avatar


Sabatiel
08.07.2020 , 03:58 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
Premades don't kill pvp, bad players kill pvp. Good players group up, teach bad players lesson. bang bang bang on head. ouch, hurt, cry. make post about premades, unfair they better.
All the while ignoring the fact that team play has proven successful and they still refuse to play like a team, therefore they lose.
not premades fault individuals are ignorant
and yet your post is so ignorant.

Bad players do not kill pvp, toxicity does so bad design, bugs bla bla.

Don't balme it on bad players, you were one at some point.

I agree, premades are not the cancer.

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged"

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
08.07.2020 , 04:00 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
i go stealth and go afk in the matches. what are you gonna do ?? how is the system working out for ya

premades and same terrible wz maps is what kills pvp
Get reported enough and you'll be enjoying that ban. Trust me, I've seen it happen to a few people.

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
08.07.2020 , 04:29 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
The problem you're ignoring is that "bad" (read normal) players make up most of the PvP population (myself included). Premades can discourage solo players when the solo players are kept from having any impact on a game other than stats for the opposing team.

Another problem you're overlooking is the time-honored "horse to water" proverb which does, I admit, reinforce your argument (people need to work as a team, but the opportunity is often dismissed). However, it also helps the point I want to make which is the following: a single player alone cannot do more than influence players to work as a team...and that only works if others believe in his/her leadership. Most people ignore instructions, or they give contradicting opinions as to what should be done resulting in no decisive action being taken by enough people to accomplish anything. Sometimes players sync, but that is rare.

Banning premades is not a solution. Creating a queue for premades only is not a solution because it would dilute an already thin PvP playerbase. Premade groups only teach solo players two things:

1) that it sucks to play against premade groups
2) join a group or die

What I am getting at here is that there is no action to take, no grand lesson to be learned. People need to vent and that's that.
I'm glad to see someone is starting to address the elephant in the room
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

septru's Avatar


septru
08.07.2020 , 05:01 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
i go stealth and go afk in the matches. what are you gonna do ?? how is the system working out for ya

premades and same terrible wz maps is what kills pvp
why do you even que regs if you're just going to afk troll? like what is the point? Wouldn't ur time just be better used... idk... taking a walk outside? riding a bike? playing a card game?

Turn-XGundam's Avatar


Turn-XGundam
08.08.2020 , 01:38 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
Premades don't kill pvp, bad players kill pvp. Good players group up, teach bad players lesson. bang bang bang on head. ouch, hurt, cry. make post about premades, unfair they better.
All the while ignoring the fact that team play has proven successful and they still refuse to play like a team, therefore they lose.
not premades fault individuals are ignorant
premades should be matched with each other, but those cowards would cry about getting stomped by better premades. any pvp/multiplayer where you match pubs/regs with premades is a terrible design. it has never worked for any other game. no different story in swtor.