Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deserter Lockout, terrible new mechanic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deserter Lockout, terrible new mechanic

Voriik
07.29.2020 , 11:16 PM | #1
My first post on this forum ever, and for good reason. The Title. It sucks, reverse immediately, preferably by the next update. It's redundant, backfill is there for this very reason. This mechanic would only make sense if quitters permanently left unranked teams lopsided and unbalanced, but no, theres usually a replacement within mere seconds. Literally nobody was asking for this, only in Ranked Warzones where a quitter actually does screw their team over. This new feature is trash, you really missed which way the wind was blowing with the crowd here, very bad read on your part Bioware.

So glad I play stealth classes if I'm ever solo. Not budging and want to make unranked worse? Fine. I'll just sit in a corner and AFK or just stay dead on the floor until the match is over while my team gets creamed in a stacked fight. It's what they deserve for agreeing with this.

Turn-XGundam
07.30.2020 , 01:27 AM | #2
lol yeh i am gonna have to stealth afk now as well, time to grief biofail

TrixxieTriss
07.30.2020 , 03:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
lol yeh i am gonna have to stealth afk now as well, time to grief biofail
You know Bioware don’t care, so you aren’t griefing them, you are doing it to the other 7 players on your team.
Which if you are doing it to grief, is actually against the terms of service and reportable and banable,
It’s a bit of a d*** move to do it your team.

Lhancelot
07.30.2020 , 04:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You know Bioware don’t care, so you aren’t griefing them, you are doing it to the other 7 players on your team.
Which if you are doing it to grief, is actually against the terms of service and reportable and banable,
It’s a bit of a d*** move to do it your team.
Yeah. Maybe after awhile these losers who quit matches because their egos can't handle a loss will quit the game altogether. That would clean it up, and improve the quality of the matches.

This happens thanks to anonymity. I mean no one would go enter a basketball game at the gym, then just start sitting on the hardwood refusing to play because the other team had far better players. Imagine how dumb and pathetic a person looks doing this! Yet, here on the internet this childish, selfish, pathetic behavior is determined by individuals to be a proper reaction?

That's what is wrong with the world today, living on the internet has made people more comfortable being disrespectful and nasty to others because there simply are no repercussions for them to face. This isn't anything new to us, we all see people behave this way on games, it's ironic because these players who behave this way are a big part of the problem but they lack personal self awareness to understand that.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

TrixxieTriss
07.30.2020 , 05:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post

This happens thanks to anonymity. I mean no one would go enter a basketball game at the gym, then just start sitting on the hardwood refusing to play because the other team had far better players. Imagine how dumb and pathetic a person looks doing this! Yet, here on the internet this childish, selfish, pathetic behavior is determined by individuals to be a proper reaction?

That's what is wrong with the world today, living on the internet has made people more comfortable being disrespectful and nasty to others because there simply are no repercussions for them to face. This isn't anything new to us, we all see people behave this way on games, it's ironic because these players who behave this way are a big part of the problem but they lack personal self awareness to understand that.
Absolutely. I was just reading an interesting article on cheating in games which lead to another article on trolling and toxicity in gaming. Both of which point to anonymity being a big contributor.

Here, I’ll link them for you cause I think you’ll find them interesting,
https://www.esports.net/news/cheatin...t-can-be-done/
https://mindtheethos.com/2016/08/14/...iplayer-games/
https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/6/21...sponse-problem
https://www.esports.net/news/tacklin...ming-behavior/

Raansu
07.30.2020 , 07:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Voriik View Post
My first post on this forum ever, and for good reason. The Title. It sucks, reverse immediately, preferably by the next update. It's redundant, backfill is there for this very reason. This mechanic would only make sense if quitters permanently left unranked teams lopsided and unbalanced, but no, theres usually a replacement within mere seconds. Literally nobody was asking for this, only in Ranked Warzones where a quitter actually does screw their team over. This new feature is trash, you really missed which way the wind was blowing with the crowd here, very bad read on your part Bioware.

So glad I play stealth classes if I'm ever solo. Not budging and want to make unranked worse? Fine. I'll just sit in a corner and AFK or just stay dead on the floor until the match is over while my team gets creamed in a stacked fight. It's what they deserve for agreeing with this.
Or you could, ya know, just play the match instead of leaving at the first sign of a loss. Players like you deserve the lockout.

omaan
07.30.2020 , 07:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Voriik View Post

Exactly, in unranked the moment someone left that team instantly got a replacement which means that unranked didn't need stinky deserter. Now players are locked in huttball they hate, in fights against full premades etc. Just go for a deathmatch if you are forced to play unwanted matches or sit afk. Thats all this stinky mechanic deserves
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

Raansu
07.30.2020 , 07:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Exactly, in unranked the moment someone left that team instantly got a replacement which means that unranked didn't need stinky deserter. Now players are locked in huttball they hate, in fights against full premades etc. Just go for a deathmatch if you are forced to play unwanted matches or sit afk. Thats all this stinky mechanic deserves
When was the last time you even saw a premade? The one time I ran into one I was in a group as well. Outside of that when solo queuing I haven't seen a premade in forever.

Lhancelot
07.30.2020 , 09:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Now players are locked in huttball they hate, in fights against full premades etc.
Good, maybe these people will reconsider not quitting and screwing over their teams by quitting matches and with them facing actual competitive enemies maybe they will get better themselves.

Add in selectable WZs, and I will support this quitter debuff 100%. For now, I only can tentatively support it, because I feel it was poorly implemented. It should have been added after WZ choices was added.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

Ardrossan
07.30.2020 , 09:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Yeah. Maybe after awhile these losers who quit matches because their egos can't handle a loss will quit the game altogether. That would clean it up, and improve the quality of the matches.

I think anonymity is part of it, but I don't like the direction of these arguments because a) complaining about anonymity on the internet implies that is something we should "fix" whereas anonymity IS the fix, and b) These complaints about the internet tend to minimize the fact that these behaviors occur irl too, they just aren't directly analogous. It's a slippery slope and I'm very wary of arguments that point to some inherent problem with internet privacy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
You were loyal to EA/Bioware at a time when there was no reason to be loyal to them, and now that loyalty is being tested. If there is any justice in the world, you clearly deserve a special reward. Hopefully it happens, delivered on your porch in a brown paper bag, aflame with the light of justice.