Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TeekDator
01.03.2012 , 12:03 PM | #121
Sad... please, do not make the game any easier.

josh_clogston
01.03.2012 , 04:51 PM | #122
If you go full tank spec, with all tank gear, you're screwed. That's all there is to it.

Drakks
01.03.2012 , 05:03 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by GageIbbetson View Post
How to win this fight:

1. Make sure to gear T7 as best as possible.
2. Interrupt EVERYTHING of his.
3. Bring a friend.

Seriously, I've tried and I heard all my other Knight friends try, and fail. Bring another level 50 and it's cake :P
You don't need t7 for anything - but he makes getting there a little easier.

HalcyonGlaze
01.03.2012 , 06:56 PM | #124
Spoiler

StyxzieWaterz
01.03.2012 , 07:40 PM | #125
Slightly off topic:

Please stop with the threats. If you want to quit the game because this fight (among many others) may not be tuned within the first three weeks of launch then fine. That's your prerogative. But, coming on here and "threatening" the devs belittles your argument and makes you sound like a child.

Lot of you are having trouble. Ok. I'm sure they get that, but this class quest isnt the only issue in the game, nor the most important. Triage is in effect people. Chill.
"The skill level of most people in SWTOR is low, and thus more pvp takes place on the forums with people claiming "Mara's cant be kited" instead of doing the PvP itself and becoming better." - Inhibition

Kaneee
01.03.2012 , 08:24 PM | #126
i Done it at lvl49 just use LoS (line of sight) around the pillars get clones to despawn using saber throw, from range and use basic strike/sunder armor/slash on clones one at a time as they walk around pillar for the main boss be patient when hes casting use moves like force stasis/force push + saber throw/

basicly run around pillars like a tool occasionaly hitting him and change pillar if he starts to cast an AoE ability near it

Done it on my 3rd attempt lvl49 with default T7 no upgrades for him atall (he dies right at start) Defense tree guardian - yes it was difficult - it should be end of class quest - is it doable - hell yes

no need to complain

And to the guy that said if you go total tank spec your screwed bs as i said before line of sight is everything he rarely uses melee attacks just dont stand toe to toe with him

Gremin_DaHutt
01.03.2012 , 10:16 PM | #127
Hi,

I am a Jedi Guardian, Knight of the Republic. I do not hide behind pillars cause the "NPC" is casting or my abilities are not ready yet. This fight could not possibly have been made that way. If it was, the Dev was or is not in tune with what being a Jedi Knight means. I will not gimp myself or play those games to beat this fantastic storyline up to this point.

If the fight is supposed to utilize our abilities, then allow force sweep to kill off the mirrors. In its current state, at least my end fight, I can not use AE as it has no effect on the mirrors. Fix that, and the fight is doable in my opinion.

Mitridathes
01.03.2012 , 10:19 PM | #128
I did it today after spending quite abit of credits and time on it.

In the spoiler is a full description of how I killed him, so beware of that before you read it

I should state that I am lvl 50 Jedi Guardian in full tank spec/gear

Spoiler

I hope it helps

Aduil
01.03.2012 , 10:26 PM | #129
Wow am I the only one this fight bugged out for and I auto-won? I wrote back on the top of page 8 of this thread about how I began the fight with the Emperor who then promptly warped back to his seat (which is what happens when you beat him).

Surely I'm not the only player this happened to? I mean, I was really glad to not have to bother doing this fight and gear up T7, but I wish I knew what I did differently that made this happen. I guess as I said in my previous post... I'm so pro the Emperor just surrendered.

Felaed
01.04.2012 , 12:54 AM | #130
Cyclone Slash > Force Sweep.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Just because you can't use ONE of your "AE"s doesn't mean another won't clear the clones.

The issue is Force/Kinetic vs. Energy.

Use your brains instead of whining about nothing some time. If you can't do it the way you're operating, CHANGE THE WAY YOU'RE OPERATING.