Force vs Non Force Characters

Troezar

What's the feeling in the balance between these? I tend to find the Force users harder to kill and more effective in WZ's.

I play Sniper, Powertech and Op.

Is it just that the Force classes attract better players?

All the classes you have listed there have at least one spec that should do more than just fine.

All of those classes will do just fine against force users.

Snipers, which many consider to be a hard counter for sentinels/marauders, are dangerous against anybody if played correctly.

Powertechs have absurd amounts of burst which can take down players in 1 rotation.

and people have been calling for nerfs on Operatives since release (even after they have recieved a few).

Now unless you've been trying to kill tanksins and tank juggies all the time, you should have no problem taking down them pesky force users

Log on that sniper.

Get in hutt ball match.

Stay on catwalk by mid

find sage/sorce taht wanders into the middle.

Nail them with your best rotation.

If you are not LOLing hard. You did something wrong.

Edited by Technohic

If you are having trouble hitting Juggs/tanksins because of the crazy deflects and defenses, try specing into Lethality aka. tank melter.

You should have no trouble playing a powertech, it's one of the burstiest classes out there.

And if you are serious about PvP, Ops should be used as healers, that the most imba role they are for.

Edited by ParagonAX

Haha, force-users have posted similar threads wondering what to do about all 3 classes you play.

Best way to figure it out is roll force user classes, play them, and understand how/when/what they do. If you haven't played them it may look like they're flowing through rotations and defenses that are challenging.

Quicker way is just to pay attention in WZ to their buffs, debuffs, typical rotations, and roles and adjust your attacks accordingly for each class.

Edit: Quickest way, read through their forum pages and find out what it is they like to do against your classes.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Log on that sniper.

Get in hutt ball match.

Stay on catwalk by mid

find sage/sorce taht wanders into the middle.

Nail them with your best rotation.

If you are not LOLing hard. You did something wrong.

I find this is the best strategy for a sniper in Huttball, (really hate that wz by the way).

However, when I do this, I usually get yelled at by teammates so I leave the upper ramps and start running around in the middle of the action and thus quickly get taken down by three melee or vanguards. Don't really feel like snipers should be running and gunning, but unfortunately, some people don't understand that is not how the class is supposed to be played.

I find this is the best strategy for a sniper in Huttball, (really hate that wz by the way).

However, when I do this, I usually get yelled at by teammates so I leave the upper ramps and start running around in the middle of the action and thus quickly get taken down by three melee or vanguards. Don't really feel like snipers should be running and gunning, but unfortunately, some people don't understand that is not how the class is supposed to be played.

Well. You want to move every now and then so people keep guessing where to go to get something in your LOS, but there is something to be said to keeping middle under control. Not to mention, with entrench, you can keep them from forcing you out of the way, and also can get nice shots to take down any carrier that comes to your side.

I would stay on the catwalks though. You are going to be able to burn down any other ranged class usually; and it is your best friend getting pesky melee types off you. Especially stealth types that you want to reset if they set the terms of your engagement.

Edited by Technohic

What's the feeling in the balance between these? I tend to find the Force users harder to kill and more effective in WZ's.

To me there is only one class that lacks good counters and survivability and that is the Merc/Commando. Every strong ability this class has is gimped because almost all of there abilities are channeled base.

I have a fully augmented War Hero geared out Merc and I do great in WZ but when I go up against a exceptional player of another class one vs one or more its game over.

I am currently playing a Assassin and loving it, this class is great for one vs one or more and has way better defensive utilities than my Merc.

I am a little upset about my Merc because I have spent so much time on my guy that I feel I have wasted my time for competitive PvP. I figured BioWARE would of hashed out the balance of this class by now or reinstate the original format of the class from the begaining when it first came out.

I believe they nerfed Merc/Commando to early and buffed classes that really don't need it which is why you have FoTM.

However there is a lot of info on the net regarding rotations for all classes and I suggest you look for them and learn what others are doing and improve your game play.

Good luck!

Edited by Asturias

Well. You want to move every now and then so people keep guessing where to go to get something in your LOS, but there is something to be said to keeping middle under control. Not to mention, with entrench, you can keep them from forcing you out of the way, and also can get nice shots to take down any carrier that comes to your side.

I would stay on the catwalks though. You are going to be able to burn down any other ranged class usually; and it is your best friend getting pesky melee types off you. Especially stealth types that you want to reset if they set the terms of your engagement.

Yeah, I do move from time to time, as position is key for a sniper. But that's not what they want, they want me running around with everyone else, as if I were a melee or a powertech. Just doesn't work to well for a sniper. I found I always got the most dps and the most defensive medals in Huttball when I camped on the upper ramps. Running around and acting like I wasn't a sniper was a quick way to get focused by two or three enemies and killed. Get out of cover too much and it's an invitation for the leaping melee and the harpooners to come melt you fast.

Yeah, I do move from time to time, as position is key for a sniper. But that's not what they want, they want me running around with everyone else, as if I were a melee or a powertech. Just doesn't work to well for a sniper. I found I always got the most dps and the most defensive medals in Huttball when I camped on the upper ramps. Running around and acting like I wasn't a sniper was a quick way to get focused by two or three enemies and killed. Get out of cover too much and it's an invitation for the leaping melee and the harpooners to come melt you fast.

PUGs?

I wouldn't come down from there at all unless I am going to grab the ball and throw it to a teammate right away. Then it is right back up.

Disregard stupid PUGs, acquire Wz comms.

In Ranked matches, melee trains are winning out with ease. Of late, most teams (that are any good) are maybe fielding 1 ranged class. Please note, assault vanguards are MELEE...not ranged. Of course, it really depends on the player behind the class, as a skilled GS/Sniper will do just fine. But IMO melee is coming out on top atm in Ranked.

Yeah, I do move from time to time, as position is key for a sniper. But that's not what they want, they want me running around with everyone else, as if I were a melee or a powertech.

Then they're idiots and you can freely ignore them.

Sure, maybe you can run forward if you can provide a great position to throw the ball or the carrier's on his own, but it's unusual to be your best option.

Only person I'm really happy to see camped up on catwalks is a gunslinger in cover (no leaps - sage or commando are riskier), mowing down anyone who tries to pick up the respawn or run the ball. In fact, I make a point of clearing out enemy snipers who try it, because I've learnt just how painful they can be if you leave them to happily murder you all from the rafters.

Thanks for all the input :-) I'm currently gearing up my sniper, mix of WH, BM and recruit. Not doing too bad, started with Eng, great for preventing caps but when focused I go down pretty fast. The sniper 20% shield is just a big kill me sign!

Now playing with lethality, melts a few people but one on one varies. Some people seen to hardly get touched, must be some crazy defensive cooldown?

I haven't tried Marksman, seems to lack the utility of Eng or mobility of lethality. Worth giving it a try for single target killing power?

As some have said melee seem to rule and the heavy armour classes especially, but the grass is always greener ;-)

I don't like Jugs, Sages and Guardians especially, no offence!

Thanks for all the input :-) I'm currently gearing up my sniper, mix of WH, BM and recruit. Not doing too bad, started with Eng, great for preventing caps but when focused I go down pretty fast. The sniper 20% shield is just a big kill me sign!

Now playing with lethality, melts a few people but one on one varies. Some people seen to hardly get touched, must be some crazy defensive cooldown?

I haven't tried Marksman, seems to lack the utility of Eng or mobility of lethality. Worth giving it a try for single target killing power?

As some have said melee seem to rule and the heavy armour classes especially, but the grass is always greener ;-)

I don't like Jugs, Sages and Guardians especially, no offence!

MM is great for burning down non-tank classes and healers. It is very direct on damage so easy to switch targets. Engineer will improve your defensive cooldowns and provides nice AOE gains. Lethality is best at heavier armored opponents, but you need to buld the DoTs and pay attention to them. What you might be seeing is when they remove your DoTs; although you should have lingering toxins at least to where you still are doing some damage.

MM is great for burning down non-tank classes and healers. It is very direct on damage so easy to switch targets. Engineer will improve your defensive cooldowns and provides nice AOE gains. Lethality is best at heavier armored opponents, but you need to buld the DoTs and pay attention to them. What you might be seeing is when they remove your DoTs; although you should have lingering toxins at least to where you still are doing some damage.

Good points, I'll take note. I do have lingering toxins but pvp seems to be ruled by high damage instants atm. I'm usually killed by a handful of moves. I remember when they said we'd have long pvp fights, large health pools and fights would be quite tactical. Ttk does seem very low. I still think there should be diminishing returns for focusing people. Rarely do I ever get a 1v1. That said I do enjoy the pvp, just needs a few tweaks.

I do not think that they are better at all, My main is an healer OP and it takes at least 3 focusing me to kill me.

I do think tho that many favor playing force toons due to popularity / FOTOM issues. But a FOTOM / ROFLCOPTER class does not a good player make.

All the classes you have listed there have at least one spec that should do more than just fine.

Not at all , the poster is actually correct. Play 5 WZ matches in a row and notice it's always magic weilding Jedi/Sith that get the most damage, medals and always always get the most kills.

The other classes are mostly a novelty item to compliment a game that should more appropriately be named jedi vs sith.

Not at all , the poster is actually correct. Play 5 WZ matches in a row and notice it's always magic weilding Jedi/Sith that get the most damage, medals and always always get the most kills.

The other classes are mostly a novelty item to compliment a game that should more appropriately be named jedi vs sith.

Sometimes posts are so wrong you don't need to explain why.

:confused:wow

not at all , the poster is actually correct. Play 5 wz matches in a row and notice it's always magic weilding jedi/sith that get the most damage, medals and always always get the most kills.

1/10.