Satele Shan - 64 people Pub side fleet (1 instance) - 9:30pm EST

FourPawnBenoni

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the old Harb would have far more than this at 6:30 pst. Just stating the facts

p.s. its not summer anymore

p.p.s. mergers anyone?

This is nothing new. It’s been like that for months now and only decreasing. I had 29 people online at 1am late last week.

Also a lot of people don’t hang on the fleet as much as they use too.

But the best way to actually see how many are online for the reps or Imps is to search the who box.

Type 1-10 and it will show you all the players in that bracket. Just repeat that for each bracket or each lvl if you hit 100 (cuts you off at 100)

When you get to lvl 70, you will need to enter classes. Type Merc 70 (for Mercs) sniper 70 and so on for each class on your faction.

If you hit the 100 cut off, you can start typing Merc 70 Fleet or Merc 70 Korriban. Basically go through all the instances if you want the most accurate numbers.

Even the old Harb would have far more than this at 6:30 pst. Just stating the facts

p.p.s. mergers anyone?

And they merge then what if it's still the same, merge with EU? Can't speak for everyone but me personally I don't hang out on the fleet. I'm either planet side, on my ship, Odessan or in a FP, Ops or WZ. The fleet doesn't really have anything that I need to go there for.

The fleet is no longer the main hub. You can't use the fleet as a single verification of anything

Type 1-10 and it will show you all the players in that bracket. Just repeat that for each bracket or each lvl if you hit 100 (cuts you off at 100)

When you get to lvl 70, you will need to enter classes. Type Merc 70 (for Mercs) sniper 70 and so on for each class on your faction.

If you hit the 100 cut off, you can start typing Merc 70 Fleet or Merc 70 Korriban. Basically go through all the instances if you want the most accurate numbers.

I'm a sucker for data gathering, so I couldn't resist. Expand spoiler tag to see details:

Pub

1-10: 92

11-20: 69

21-30: 71

31-40: 64

41-50: 62

51-60: 73

61-69: 73

Sentinel 70: 58

Guardian 70: 54

Commando 70: 59

Vanguard 70: 18

Shadow 70: 101

Sage 70: 61

Gunslinger 70: 40

Scoundrel 70: 53

Imp

1-10: 66

11-204: 90

21-30: 91

31-35: 59

36-40: 50

41-50: 90

51-60: 83

61-69: 95

Marauder 70: 63

Juggernaut 70: 97

Mercenary 70: 71

Powertech 70: 41

Assassin 70: 87

Sorcerer 70: 100

Sniper 70: 64

Operative 70: 56

Total Pub: 948

Total Imp: 1203

For the Shadow 70 that hit 100, I sorted by planets, searched, sorted in reverse by planet, searched again, and saw that there were two Shadows on Zakuul that showed in reverse but only one in the forwards, so I feel safe in saying "101"

For the Sorcerer 70, sorting by planets in reverse had the same people in it.

Total online in Satele Shan 2151

Edited by Khevar

Fleet population is no indication of server population. People may very well be on other planets/bases/strongholds/warzones/flashpoints/etc. I am hardly on fleet anymore. No reason for me to be there. Do I not count as part of the server population due to not being on fleet a that time?

I'm a sucker for data gathering, so I couldn't resist. Expand spoiler tag to see details:

Pub

1-10: 92

11-20: 69

21-30: 71

31-40: 64

41-50: 62

51-60: 73

61-69: 73

Sentinel 70: 58

Guardian 70: 54

Commando 70: 59

Vanguard 70: 18

Shadow 70: 101

Sage 70: 61

Gunslinger 70: 40

Scoundrel 70: 53

Imp

1-10: 66

11-204: 90

21-30: 91

31-35: 59

36-40: 50

41-50: 90

51-60: 83

61-69: 95

Marauder 70: 63

Juggernaut 70: 97

Mercenary 70: 71

Powertech 70: 41

Assassin 70: 87

Sorcerer 70: 100

Sniper 70: 64

Operative 70: 56

Total Pub: 948

Total Imp: 1203

For the Shadow 70 that hit 100, I sorted by planets, searched, sorted in reverse by planet, searched again, and saw that there were two Shadows on Zakuul that showed in reverse but only one in the forwards, so I feel safe in saying "101"

For the Sorcerer 70, sorting by planets in reverse had the same people in it.

Total online in Satele Shan 2151

That’s a huge drop from when I last did a count 29th Aug around about the same time as yours.

The last one I did was 3605

Sorry formatting is off because it’s a copy paste from google sheets

LEVEL (brackets)

1-10 120. + 146

11-20 152 + 196

21-30 121 + 181

31-40 89 + 163

41-50 105. + 151

51-60 98 + 130

61-69 126 + 174

70 Merc commando 110

70 Powertech Vanguard 46

70 Operative scoundrel 111

70 assassin shadow 111

70 Sorc Sage 122

70 Juggernaut Guardian 150

70 Marauder Sentinel 150

70 Sniper Gunslinger 98

70 planet count 755

Faction totals 1566 + 2039

Server totals 3605

Edited by TrixxieTriss

--->p.p.s. mergers anyone?<----

Is this all this thread is? Yet another campaign for yet another server merge? That conversation again? Seriously?

Because now all this thread will have in it are the previous 7,000+ arguments we've already seen both pro and con as to server merges, and won't result in accomplishing squiddle.

Is this all this thread is? Yet another campaign for yet another server merge? That conversation again? Seriously?

Because now all this thread will have in it are the previous 7,000+ arguments we've already seen both pro and con as to server merges, and won't result in accomplishing squiddle.

LoL, probably

What does anyone expect at this point?

The rakghoul thing is running this week, and the exploding people around the fleet get old really quickly.

There's been no new story content since early May.

There isn't any on the horizon for another month, and what's coming isn't making everyone happy.

The gearing controversy is disheartening some players.

The PTS is open and people may be over there trying new things out.

The fleet isn't all that and not everyone hangs out there.

None of it's a surprise and none of it means we need mergers.

So using those figures and server forum thread numbers here to date (yes I realize that's only 1 source and by no means an accurate picture of total players per server but you have to start somewhere)....

Satele: 1280 Threads

SF: 2251

DM: 1082

Lev: 42

TH: 153

Now converting to percentages and using numbers above (I hate math and just doing this quick so feel free to correct me),

SF is 1.76% to Satele: So SF would have 3786 people online

DM would be 85% to Satele: So DM would have 1828

Satele here for reference:2151

LEV and TH, let's just merge them into DM.... so let's say it's even with Satele

Total population would be: 8000 (feel free to check that for me :D)

WHy would BW bother with another server merge if they aren't just going to go to 1 server? 1 east coast server. And don't give me the: "They can't do that 'cause," language thing or legal thing. I don't think that's a thing. :D

And, then doesn't that beg the question would EA just shut down or stay maintenance mode? And does that depend on whether they have another SW MMO getting ready to take over?

So my point is, if you're asking for a server merger, you may be asking for the end of the game or end of content.

So my point is, if you're asking for a server merger, you may be asking for the end of the game or end of content.

Well, we're pretty much at the end of content now.

Over the last two years this game has released less content than most MMORPG release per quarter.

Heck even LOTRO is releasing more content that SWTOR, and it apparently got taken over by a producer known for throwing games into maintenance mode.

The ONLY content in the game that a) stands up to the AAA rating the game wants to claim, b) is well executed and paced, and c) is fun to replay still is the original release Class Story Arcs. Everything since then has been at best average, and and worst laughable.

All The Best

Well, we're pretty much at the end of content now.

Over the last two years this game has released less content than most MMORPG release per quarter.

Heck even LOTRO is releasing more content that SWTOR, and it apparently got taken over by a producer known for throwing games into maintenance mode.

The ONLY content in the game that a) stands up to the AAA rating the game wants to claim, b) is well executed and paced, and c) is fun to replay still is the original release Class Story Arcs. Everything since then has been at best average, and and worst laughable.

All The Best

If your sub expired on May 24, why the heck are you still here posting? :rak_02:

So, no response to the points I made then?

Play the man, not the ball?

If you really want your post to be taken seriously, then you should consider updating your signature.

Threatening to leave without actually leaving is a bit childish, wouldn't you say?

p.p.s. mergers anyone?

I hate to admit it, but it is very true, and the people Need and Incentive to play here on not just the SS server, but all of them. I know that when we have double Xp and CXP a lot more people play by 100 more people and the starter planets are in the 2 instances. The Devs need to smarten up about this and do their jobs, and do what the consumers want when it comes to this. Ignore the minority that don't like double Xp, or lose a lot lot more subs.

We should get back the double Xp and CXP soon or more people will leave and have no incentive to play. Also. we should be getting the Christmas season started as well, where on Nar Shadaa we get get a lot of Xp and Cxp throwing snowballs on droids. Both factions like to do it, so it's a win win situation.

If you really want your post to be taken seriously, then you should consider updating your signature.

Threatening to leave without actually leaving is a bit childish, wouldn't you say?

Except I did leave. Only resubbed today, been on forum for last week courtesy of a referral.

And my signature has absolutely nothing to do with the points I made.

People fixating on that to play the man, rather than playing the ball by addressing the points I made just demonstrate that they can't address the points I made; and shows they can't be taken seriously.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

People fixating on that to play the man, rather than playing the ball by addressing the points I made just demonstrate that they can't address the points I made; and shows they can't be taken seriously.

I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees with your point that we have a lack of content added to the game.

I certainly don't.

Except I did leave. Only resubbed today, been on forum for last week courtesy of a referral.

And my signature has absolutely nothing to do with the points I made.

Hardly anything has been added since you left.

Why resub, only to complain about lack of content?

That's like complaining that fried pork rinds have no nutritional value, all while buying another bag.

Edited by Khevar

They should offer 90cc transfers again before they attempt mergers.

I’m surprised more people aren’t asking for this.

I’m not sure most people care enough to complain anymore. Look at the forums, most gameplay posts are the same 10-15 people arguing the same points over and over to each other. Most posts at this point are about companions or cosmetics. The actual “MMO” players on the forums or in the game is relatively small.

Most people who play this game now are here for the solo content. Nothing wrong with that, and the studio push their customer base in that direction.

The fleet is where PvPers and people looking for raids hung out. That is a very small population at this point. I used to know a bunch of players who never had ships, they got to lvl 10 to access PvP and flash points and went from there. Those players are long gone.

I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees with your point that we have a lack of content added to the game.

I certainly don't.

Hardly anything has been added since you left.

Why resub, only to complain about lack of content?

That's like complaining that fried pork rinds have no nutritional value, all while buying another bag.

Why resub?

Because I am more bored with any of the other games I have installed right now than I am with SWTOR.

I didn't resub "just to complain"; I resubbed to get secondary and tertiary characters geared-up to a similar level to my Main, and to do that I need to be able to progress Command Ranks and to do that I need to Sub.

And, as I said in my first post in this thread, the Class Stories and the content released with them still have replay value - at least for me.

There are things I LOVE about this game. Class Stories (even the worst of them is better than most of what came after them), I really like the Crafting system (though like all crafting systems in MMOs it seems to be in need of a little love), I absolutely LOVE Housing in this game (and to play around with that I need to Sub to remove the ridiculously low Credit Cap that you otherwise suffer). I used to really like Conquest, but it still hasn't yet recovered from the mauling it was given by incompetent attempts to improve it, but I note the Guild I am in still valiantly attempts it every week - so I may give it another try.

All The Best

Sup y'all! I'm still here! Still subbed. :D

Been spending a lot of my gaming time swinging around NY taking out Doc Ock and his goons (I'm at about 96% completion.... those damn pigeons tho :confused: ), now I'm a outlaw roaming around the wild wild west. ;)

Just saying.... there's a LOT of new games out that people are playing now. I'm sure the numbers will pick up once Jedi under siege launches. But right now there's other options that could be taking up players gaming time.

Mergers (and transfers for that matter) solve like ZERO in this situation, obviously. Or more precisely, they only "solve" something for people who max think up to the next meal and not at all beyond... Edited by Khaleg