bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

akcac

well the title says it all when is biowear going to stop this from going on ?and if they want the players to report these cheats then they should change the reporting method so you dont get kicked from your wz every time you try to ticket some cheat.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About a month ago 1000's of players were banned/suspended (including 2 of which WERE in my guild), there's several players I used to see cheat repeatedly which I no longer see anymore. I haven't seen a hack in a WZ in quite some time, and it's nice this way- I used to see a speedhacking huttball carrier all the time or a scounderal running from grass to snow nodes in Civil War in a matter of seconds.

When going green meets the clothing industry.

They could use come clothing industry tips. The gear makes me look like I'm a super villian in a really bad episode of Aquaman.

• 1 month later...
We need another hammer ban for hacks there Bio. It is getting pretty bad. Wow seems to keeps hackers away why can't you?? I am sure you have the money. Lets get a move on. And anyone who tells me there is no hacks in this game is a hacker.

At this point I think it is just handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500. Bioware remains clueless on most activities including how to write, test and compile workable code.

So far the imbalances are glaring proof of incompetency of any sort of game implementation. Most of us that are still here are somewhat forced due to not getting a full refund for time not used. I been asking for the balance remaining since 1.2 released and finally when my time is up it will be a sweet released for this implemented epic phail.

Most people's bets are the fact when this thing becomes free to play and considering most of the failures here I would consider making the game open source. The hackers might have more luck at repairing things then the current paid for game developers that exists here. Considering they could barely write an acceptable ending for Mass Effect 3 how do you think future progress on this game will help?

-Tordo

• 3 weeks later...
Ok its July and I've seen a huge increase in cheaters, most noticeable is Speed hacking. These cheaters are little more smart and use it for certain events. In Hutball for example you can tell the other team has a cheater if your a consular or inquisitor use your 150% speed buff only to find out the other team already has the ball before you drop from the first ledge when the game first starts. Another one you heading to a node only to see the other person capping it already when the game just began. THIS IS HAPPENING! I don't know what your policy is for cheaters Bioware but if the cheater is caught you should permanently ban them. I do understand your investors are worried about money and so on. But Banning these cheaters will be a minor loss in money compared to losing EVERYONE to the fact your doing almost NOTHING about it. Its time to get aggressive please. Nothing is more important then fixing this major issue and it needs to be on your Top priority forget expansions or new warzone or new classes or new levels no one will be playing your game if you let cheaters go free or give them baby punishments.

Ok its July and I've seen a huge increase in cheaters, most noticeable is Speed hacking. These cheaters are little more smart and use it for certain events. In Hutball for example you can tell the other team has a cheater if your a consular or inquisitor use your 150% speed buff only to find out the other team already has the ball before you drop from the first ledge when the game first starts. Another one you heading to a node only to see the other person capping it already when the game just began. THIS IS HAPPENING! I don't know what your policy is for cheaters Bioware but if the cheater is caught you should permanently ban them. I do understand your investors are worried about money and so on. But Banning these cheaters will be a minor loss in money compared to losing EVERYONE to the fact your doing almost NOTHING about it. Its time to get aggressive please. Nothing is more important then fixing this major issue and it needs to be on your Top priority forget expansions or new warzone or new classes or new levels no one will be playing your game if you let cheaters go free or give them baby punishments.

If they have improved sent/mara speed on top of someone using sprint, then they can get there that fast. Just saying.

All I can say is that they seem to be cracking down overzealously right now. I had a guildmate get suspended for "speed-hacking" last weekend (he wasn't). He's an AP Powertech, so he has hydraulic overrides as a speed boost + slow/root/etc. immunity and he rolls with me (carnage marauder) - so I hand out improved predation like candy. Took him ~18h worth of e-mail appeals for them to lift the suspension and compensate him with 15 days free.

Seriously, we get accused of speed-hacking EVERY DAY (multiple times, usually) - yet we don't hack. Sure, hacks are out there, but there has to be something wrong if the people that can give out suspensions/bans don't actually understand the mechanics in the game they're moderating and are willing to jump the gun without proof - this actually has me concerned - do they not even have an accurate method to detect the presence of such hacking programs that might be running?

For them to have suspended him for "speed-hacking" because he was using HO and I was using predation, they must be rather desperate to resolve hacking (sure, I can dig that), but it's the fact that SWTOR always checks our system for other programs that might be run at all times (and the obvious fact that he wasn't using any since they lifted the suspension, apologized and compensated him) which is giving me significant concern as to whether or not these people even fully understand their own game's mechanics for each class/spec and their potential perfomances when combined (or compounded - i.e. multiple characters with a speed boosting ability, as was the case in our situation).

Edited by SinnedWill

Me = Carnage Marauder - I give improved predation to my team at the beginning - bring your own carnage marauder or you will not beat us to any objective point first... ever. It's not hacks, it's what my class does - and it's a royal pain to keep building fury to keep it up (i lose a lot of DPS and survivability if I want to keep building fury) - frenzy is a 2m30s cooldown that gives me a full stack of fury, so that only accounts for about 1/10 of the predations I use each warzone.

Edited by SinnedWill

While I won't outright deny the existence of hacks, I have yet to see one is all 7 or whatever months I've been playing. All I do is pvp, the supposed breeding ground for hackers, and I have yet to see anything suspicious. Sure, there have been glitches (respawning behind the doors in VS, graphical/latency issues with pulls and stuns), but those have been addressed.

Before you assume someone is hacking, take the time to fraps it and check the combat log thoroughly. As thesinner pointed out, people are too quick to assume legitimate abilities are hacks. I actually play with them as well, and have played against them in the past. None of them ever hacked. Hell, I've been accused of hacking the cooldown on force speed because I have it talented to 20 seconds, grabbed a WZ speed buff, ran to a node, and popped it after the buff expired. It's things like that that lead me to believe most of these supposed hacks are due to ignorance of different AC's abilities.

-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

I have seen instances that appeared to me to be speedhacks - but only occasionally. This prompted me to do a little research on the subject and I found that there are a handful of forums out there dedicated to providing information and programs to cheat in swtor. Anyone who says that cheats don't exist and its just bad players complaining have obviously never looked for hacks because they ARE out there and they are not hard to find. I just hope the bioware devs are spending the 15 minutes it takes using google to track down these hacks and find a way to block or detect them.

edit: The hacks that these sites claim to offer in working condition, although I've never tested them, include speedhacks, resolve immunity, and free rage/focus/heat/ammo/etc. For obvious reasons I'm not including links but again, it takes very little time to verify that these cheats are out there.

Edited by _jew

I have seen instances that appeared to me to be speedhacks - but only occasionally. This prompted me to do a little research on the subject and I found that there are a handful of forums out there dedicated to providing information and programs to cheat in swtor. Anyone who says that cheats don't exist and its just bad players complaining have obviously never looked for hacks because they ARE out there and they are not hard to find. I just hope the bioware devs are spending the 15 minutes it takes using google to track down these hacks and find a way to block or detect them.

edit: The hacks that these sites claim to offer in working condition, although I've never tested them, include speedhacks, resolve immunity, and free rage/focus/heat/ammo/etc. For obvious reasons I'm not including links but again, it takes very little time to verify that these cheats are out there.

I've never said that hacks/cheats don't exist - they do - I've caught/reported some people using them in the past (and they're gone now). All that I'm trying to say is that it's very often that people don't understand what certain classes/specs are capable of and when these things are used against a team that is unaware of them, their only reaction and excuse for losing is, of course, "OMG, you hacked!". Seriously, I hear cries about my hacking at least 3 times per day on my carnage marauder due to using predation, and I'll get accused of hacking 1-2 more times each day on that character for popping undying rage and running through a fire; and of course, I'll get accused ~ 1 time each day on the carny for having full resolve and people still try using stuns on me to no avail (much of this gets tied into the fact that I'm moving quickly with predation, though).

People really should learn the mechanics before they resort to simply crying "HACKS!!" the moment someone does something they simply don't understand.

also, capture the "hack" on video (e.g. fraps), that way folks who do know the class mechanics inside out can review it.

As for the person accused of hacking who wasn't (PT and marauder), ***? Doesn't bioware have server side logs they can review? How can they get this wrong? What the heck is their procedure for validating a claim of hacking.

also, capture the "hack" on video (e.g. fraps), that way folks who do know the class mechanics inside out can review it.

As for the person accused of hacking who wasn't (PT and marauder), ***? Doesn't bioware have server side logs they can review? How can they get this wrong? What the heck is their procedure for validating a claim of hacking.

Bioware might claim they have server-side logs to review, but the reality is the storage costs to house such a large amount of logged data would run in the millions per server.

Do any of the people QQing know what HACKING is?

Hint: it's not typing fast and making helicopters blow up, and it doesn't involve a 3D holo-graphic interface

You are confused. I can't say this enough. ALMOST. NO. ONE. IS. HACKING. PVP and the classes in general are just so broken you are seeing hacks where there are none. For example;

A powertech / Vanguard can be immune to root / snare / knockback with a little help for a complete war zone.

With the right combinations of buffs you can run at 300% speed for up to 9 seconds.

All knights and warriors can instantly fill their resolve bar without getting stunned.

A sentinel or marauder can exploit resolve and one ability to be immune to stun for 15+ seconds.

By leaping to a target and being pulled at the same time you can make yourself untargetable for long periods of time, or warp around the map

You can use the map to become immune to AOE damage in a number of ways

You can use the map to become untargetable in a number of ways

You can use any knock down ability in a way that makes it impossible to get up before the animation starts, effectively increasing the duration by 3-4 seconds.

Various other "animation lock" abilities can be used to increase the length of stuns to the point where you will have no resolve by the time they are finished, leading to chain stuns where it shouldn't be possible

These are exploits and NOT HACKING. And even then, 99% of all the QQ isn't even exploits and comes from a simple fact you NEED to understand before PVPing in SW:TOR

ALMOST EVERY CLASS HAS AT LEAST ONE ABILITY THAT IS BROKEN AND CRAZY OP IS USED CORRECTLY. On top of that, classes like Sent / Vaungard / and sumgs have the ability to do things that are so stupidly over powered (like stand there not taking damage for crazy amounts of time or killing you almost instantly) that people ASSUME THEY ARE HACKS when they are, in fact, just results of the way Bioware has designed the PVP game.

Last night playing voidstar a sage on my team tried to get everyone to report an operatives for hacking because he dropped out of stealth and killed him in 3 hits while he was stunned. THAT'S NOT A HACK, it's what operatives do. I've seen shadows reported for hacking in huttball because they ran the ball from start to finish using a SPEED HACK (force sprint) and a RESOLVE HACK which made them immune to stuns and root (resilience). Learn how broken the game is before crying hack.

Edited by lexiekaboom

Why anyone would feel they have to cheat in this game is beyond me. I've played since day one of early access and I have seen a few things, hiding in the place the ball spawns in huttball and not being targetable is the most common one I have seen but it's the same player doing it on my server and they are so bad it's hilarious.

I've play in a rated team that gets accused of hacking though, I think it is very rare that people hack and most occasions it's just players making excuses for losing to better skilled and geared opponents, or they don't understand class buffs/mechanics.

Good luck with that. Everyone cheats all the time, except when someone else is recording them. Then all of a sudden, they somehow know they are being observed and behave normal. Quantum cheaing.