Question: Do positioning penalties exist for tanking?

Razzberry

I've never actually seen this posted anywhere before, so I figured it was worth asking.

Do positioning penalties exist while tanking?

By that I mean, if an enemy is attacking from behind you, are there any penalties to your defensive stats that cause them to do increased damage to you?

For example, in certain other MMOs (e.g. WoW), you are unable to block or parry attacks coming from behind your character, so keeping everything in front of you is a huge priority since you take increased damage if you do not.

Does something similar exist in SWTOR? Are we still able to shield and dodge attacks coming from behind us?

I'm fairly certain there is no such thing in SWTOR. I havn't tested it directly but I also have never seen myself take more damage when turning to move a boss; additionally I have seen myself deflect things with my back turned.

I suppose this question relates to this topic, so I'll post it here. When stunned, can I still dodge, parry, block ect?

when stunned you lose ALL your damage reduction, to be direct, no you cannot dodge, parry or block, er all your defensive stats like shield/defense/absorb and even armor are not usable when stunned

Edited by MasterCrumB

when stunned you lose ALL your damage reduction, to be direct, no you cannot dodge, parry or block, er all your defensive stats like shield/defense/absorb and even armor are not usable when stunned

I am fairly sure thats incorrect. I went through some of my Titan 6 nim logs and i parry attacks when i am stunned just normal, before i use my stunbreaker.

Edited by THoK-Zeus