How much time needed to farm 65m by doing certain heroics

ShieldProtection

Hi, I have a 75 sniper mm, how time needed to farm 65m credits by doing certain heroics? A guy mentioned 65m needs 65days because those heroics rewards around 900k by doing all of them (specific ones) so basically 1m a day and heroics are daily, unless I'm missing something is it correct? or should I do solo meridian complex and get the two stronghold items and sell them on gtn? which one is worth doing? Thanks

Hi, I have a 75 sniper mm, how time needed to farm 65m credits by doing certain heroics? A guy mentioned 65m needs 65days because those heroics rewards around 900k by doing all of them (specific ones) so basically 1m a day and heroics are daily, unless I'm missing something is it correct? or should I do solo meridian complex and get the two stronghold items and sell them on gtn? which one is worth doing? Thanks

I quit maths back in high school as soon as it was possible, because I hated it, but if your guy says that you can make 900k in 1 day with the missions you intend to do and you want 65m, then you will need 72 days + a few extra heroics. However, with selling loot and whatnot, you probably will have your amount in about 70 days.

Most heroics are daily. The Ilum ones (and maybe the starter planet ones, too?) are weekly. So are the bonus missions, if I am not mistaken.

If you cannot make credits through cartel market sales, I would suggest to mix your playthroughs. I know I would rather drill a hole in my knee and fill milk inside than farming 72 days in a row the same heroics. :eek:

Instead of having to grind always for hours playing the same content every day for 65 days, there is another alternative that’s more lucrative.

I can easily make 1 Mil+ a day, selling 10-30 crafted items on the GTN for much less time invested. You don’t even need to sit there crafting or play the GTN. Find high demand items that you can make a reasonable profit from. It doesn’t even need to be a highend or end game item. Even selling crafting mats at all Lvls will net you over 1 mil a day (and you can get those converting Jawa Junk if you don’t fancy farming).

As you play your normal game, you make a few items at a time and list a few at a time because if you or other sellers over supply the one item and flood the market, it drives down prices and demand. So listing a few at a time in regular intervals will net you more credits for your time played vs getting the mats and crafting.

Then when you log out, list 1 or 2 more than you do while you are playing. You don’t need to be the cheapest because if it’s big demand it will sell over night. So when you login the next day, you I’ll get more credits at the start of play and you will have maximised you profit vs time vs cost.

One thing to consider is don’t just craft one specific item. Diversity is the key to making the most credits because sometimes idiots will list 20-30 at a time and under cut everyone 10-50% at a time, which drives down the price. In situations like that, it’s good to have other items that are still selling till those stupid people’s stock sells out,

Also the larger your diversity, the less you have to craft of each one. This means you should never have to discount to off load over stocks of one type of item.

With out trying, I make between 1.5-10mil every time I log out for the night. If I play the market for a few hours sitting in front of the GTN, I make 10mil+ and the longer I do it, the more I make. The other day I made 30 mil in a 6 hours crafting+ GTN trading session. I do not sell or buy CM items to sell of flip. All my credits come from selling high demand crafted items. None of which are end game items. All can be made from grade 1-9 crafting and all sell for less than 200,000. Most sell between 110,000-150,000.

So if your goal is to make 65 mil, you can do that in one week of committed crafting and trading time or you can make a few mill or more a day causally crafting while having fun playing a variety of content and get 65 mil in less than 10-30 days.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I quit maths back in high school as soon as it was possible, because I hated it, but if your guy says that you can make 900k in 1 day with the missions you intend to do and you want 65m, then you will need 72 days + a few extra heroics. However, with selling loot and whatnot, you probably will have your amount in about 70 days.

Most heroics are daily. The Ilum ones (and maybe the starter planet ones, too?) are weekly. So are the bonus missions, if I am not mistaken.

If you cannot make credits through cartel market sales, I would suggest to mix your playthroughs. I know I would rather drill a hole in my knee and fill milk inside than farming 72 days in a row the same heroics. :eek:

You’ve not taken into account repair cost, which have gone up and you take more damage than you used too. So if you don’t pick up enough trash to sell, there is a good chance you won’t even get 900k a day, which means it will take even longer than 72 days.

Find high demand items that you can make a reasonable profit from.

I've seen this advice many times before, but this step is where the advice falls apart for me. I can easily check to see the current price of something I can craft, but the only way I can figure out to see if something is high-demand is trial and error (craft, try to sell, find out how fast it sells). Do you have a different way that you'd recommend identifying high demand items?

As for the original question, selling crafting materials is a pretty safe option because those who do know what to craft for profit will be happy to buy them off of you :)

You're overlooking the crate contents, which typically include both gear (which vendors for several thousand a pop) as well as the consumables (including level 6 companion gifts).

So it's more than just the credits for completing the heroic minus repair costs.

I've seen this advice many times before, but this step is where the advice falls apart for me. I can easily check to see the current price of something I can craft, but the only way I can figure out to see if something is high-demand is trial and error (craft, try to sell, find out how fast it sells). Do you have a different way that you'd recommend identifying high demand items?

As for the original question, selling crafting materials is a pretty safe option because those who do know what to craft for profit will be happy to buy them off of you :)

Sadly, you are correct. At the start, it is trial and error. But you can also make some good guesses to get you going.

1. Is it an item you use?

2. Do you use it on every Alt or need it for every Alt?

3. How many do you need at a time?

4. How often do you need the items?

5. Is it a vanity item you think is cool or other people do?

6. Look out side your own game play if you don’t do everything in the game. ie, some stronghold focused players who decorate might need or want a steady supply of some things or even the “currency” to buy them from the deco vendors. ie, Universal ?? (Sorry can’t remember what they are called).

7. It could be other v vanity or appearance items that people want to play space barbies. It maybe specific Armor looks that aren’t available from the CM or they look the same and you can sell them cheaper. It might by specific dyes.

8. Look at consumables too. You’ve grenades pvpers use, you’ve stims that everyone uses, you’ve health packs that Ops players and pve players use, you’ve adrenals for the same group.

9. And you have mats or Jawa junk you can test selling. They are the lowest risk for the best return at the start. Have a look at what each type makes and see how many are on the GTN. Check the Jawa vendor and see how much each costs.

If you find one that’s under represented and is cheap to buy from the Jawa vendor and the price looks reasonable vs the cost, just buy 10 and list them (based on unit cost) 1 credit below the lowest unit price.

If it sells straight away, your price is too low and you’ll probably find the other persons was too. So buy another 10 and list it higher than before. Keep doing this till the sales slow down to about once every 5-10mins. Then start buying 100 at a time, but list in lots of 10. If these sell through in less than 30 mins, youve found a high demand crafting mat.

10. You can then play around with the price and gradually keep raising it (this can apply to crafted items too). On some days they will sell faster and some times slower, that’s why it’s best to diversify.

11. You’d also be surprised to know that the lowest priced listings don’t always sell before the higher priced listings because not everyone sorts and even those that do, not everyone sort by unit prices.

It’s why I don’t list at the lowest prices most of the time, if it’s high demand, it will often sell as long as it’s not too astronomically priced.

But even then, I’ve seen things sell that shouldn’t. Just recently I incorrectly listed a dye for 1,000,000 instead of 100,000. The next day I logged in and it had sold, even though I had some more of the same dyes listed at 100,000 and they didn’t sell.

All GTN trading is trial and error. But one thing that many people forget is the time of week and day can play a factor.

Items sold / listed on the weekend in prime times will end up being cheaper due to more competition because some “dumb” people try to off set competition by flooding the market with too much stock because there are more people around to buy and they want to be the only one they buy it from.

Which is probably the dumbest thing to do and they should be doing the reverse. If demand is high and supply is low or slow, it’s a sellers market. A higher demand item with limited stock actually drives up the price and all sellers can share and make the same amount of credits by selling half the amount of items and then everyone makes credits.

The flip side is if you flood the market at anytime, but especially when there are plenty of people buying, all you do is drive the price down in a price war because others need to under cut constantly if they want to sell their items too. You end up wasting mats or Jawa junk and it takes twice as long to make the same amount if credits with double the effort.

It actually blows my mind that people can’t understand they can make more credits with half the amount of work and half the cost, if they only list 2-3 at a time on a regular basis, than if they list 6-20 at a time in one hit.

As the old saying goes, “work smart, not hard” then you can spend your time playing hard :D

(You also make more credit that way too)

You're overlooking the crate contents, which typically include both gear (which vendors for several thousand a pop) as well as the consumables (including level 6 companion gifts).

So it's more than just the credits for completing the heroic minus repair costs.

True but.

That’s is totally dependent on your lvl. If you are over lvl 50? You don’t get gear crates anymore. You get supply crates to trade. Now the ones you trade to get gear crates do have things in them and if you don’t want them or need them, you can sell. But not everyone wants to do that. You also need to be able to access the odessen base rep vendors to swap the supply crates you get from the heroics.

There are obviously different methods to making credits, I still feel crafting or selling mats it the fastest and easiest way to do it with the least amount of effort and boredom.

• Being in a big guild and making your Conquest goal weekly can easily yield 4 or 5 Solid Resource matrixes - which sell for 900K - 1M each . - So that's easily 5M a week from doing that. Conquest also rewards frameworks which can be worth several 100s of 1000s. ( IIRC both mats usually go straight into materials inventory)

• Pretty much everything in the game rewards conquest points, so you can do whatever you like to earn them. - Check the conquest missions to see any high yield activities. Check if you can work on more than one daily or weekly at a time, since some double up.

• Scan the GTN for cheap discovery missions that match your crew skills and run those. They can often yield rewards that sell for greater than the cost of the mission.

• You can also make quick credits by crafting stuff and selling it. Or just running gather missions and selling the mats. If you make all your own stuff from self-gathered mats, then they cost almost nothing to make.

• If you have unused or unwanted stuff in inventory, and they're not bound you can sell them. It's sometimes surprising what you accumulate, put aside for later and easily forget.

• You can sell unwanted gear for credits, though the returns aren't that great anymore. check your inventory. - even stuff like unbound XP boosts are quite valuable. Major ones sell for around 1M most days.

• You can trade in heroic mission boxes on Odessen. Most have companion gifts in them. - Sell those on the GTN. Unless you like the gear, sell that to any vendor.

• OR you can go the quick way and spend CCs on pack and high demand items. - There are some that sell for 10s of millions, so if you choose wisely, you could make 65M in a matter of days.

• If you are in an active guild, you could ask nicely if they'll lend you some credits. The guild might not but a friendly player might.

• If you are a dead guild and you have control of it, consider selling the guild. A basic guild with SH and Guild ship and GB will sell for about 5M. You can easily join another guild. Most recruit on fleet at peak times.

Most of all though, if you are saving up for something, keep your eyes on the prize. It's easy to get distracted and buy something else in the meantime. Consider mailing credits to an Alt, so it's not so easy to make rash purchases. :D

GL

Edited by Storm-Cutter

There are obviously different methods to making credits, I still feel crafting or selling mats it the fastest and easiest way to do it with the least amount of effort and boredom.

^^ This. Last night I made 1/4 Million coz I stopped to chat with someone. They were asking about credits and amps, and by the time 10 mins had gone by chatting, I'd made a bunch of stuff, listed it and sold it. Picked up the credits this morning. -Easy peasy!

^^ This. Last night I made 1/4 Million coz I stopped to chat with someone. They were asking about credits and amps, and by the time 10 mins had gone by chatting, I'd made a bunch of stuff, listed it and sold it. Picked up the credits this morning. -Easy peasy!

Yep. And something else people are catching on to is you don’t need the highest gear to setup crafting amplifiers on every piece.

Amps now come on crafted ear, implants, relics and mods. I’ve actually got all crafting gold amps in every slot possible because I setup crafting gear I only wear in my strong hold.

For example my lvl 75 Sorc has a crafting set from the new generic modded Armor (sorry can remember the name). That Armor set has a crafting mod on it. All I did was keep the ones that I got with a gold amp (no matter the lvl or stats).

I already had nine of the +10 Synthweave amplified mods that were for lvl 10 (the set doesn’t even have enhancements or armoring because it never leaves the stronghold). I just put those in and then started crafting ear, implants and relics on my other crafters. If I got one with a gold amp, I kept it, otherwise, I sold it on the GTN. I did this with lvl 10 crafted items all the way to lvl 40 items so I didn’t flood the market. You can do this with Mods as well.

Eventually I made enough ears, implants and relics for all my crafters and I’ve since been selling the ones with gold amps on the GTN for a nice profit.

I often see people list them really cheap and not realise it’s the gold amps the crafters want, not the actual item. So I buy them and relist for a tidy profit ;)

There are so many crafted things you can sell that people are willing pay for instead of crafting themselves. You just need to tap into that market and supply them.

When I login I check my mail and my listings and then send my crafters of on each Alt. When I finish playing for the day, I go back to those crafters and list the stuff. Then the next day I login and there are credits waiting for me. It’s as simple as that. Then I Rinse and Repeat the process each time I play.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It's not a heroic but if you have the Shroud of Memory chapter, it rewards 10 x Legendary technology gifts each time, which you can sell for 100-150k each. It also rewards ZO-0M the first time, if you choose the correct dialogue, which is the best healer companion as far as i know. She / It has a hidden extra skill, an aoe heal. Edited by uppen

Last time I checked (prior to 6.0 landing) I counted 73 Heroics, 1302922 credits from the main quests, 632436 credits from bonus objectives.

Also, 73 heroics a day? Good luck....

It would be quicker to spam veteran Hammer Station and literally sell all the loot at 75.

Edited by Transcendent

Doing heroics, as well as dailies and FPs, is an absolutely idiotic way to make credits.

Do conquest and PvP, fly GSF, and you'll be at 100 mil in a week.

Also, as already mentioned above, do crafting. Average crafter can do up to billion credits in one week.

Good luck.

It's not a heroic but if you have the Shroud of Memory chapter, it rewards 10 x Legendary technology gifts each time, which you can sell for 100-150k each. It also rewards ZO-0M the first time, if you choose the correct dialogue, which is the best healer companion as far as i know. She / It has a hidden extra skill, an aoe heal.

All comps have an AOE heal as far as I know.

Doing heroics, as well as dailies and FPs, is an absolutely idiotic way to make credits.

Do conquest and PvP, fly GSF, and you'll be at 100 mil in a week.

Also, as already mentioned above, do crafting. Average crafter can do up to billion credits in one week.

Good luck.

2 points I need to make because I do t know if you are trolling or not with this.

1. Pvp is the worst way to get credits. It literally drops the lowest per time spent in the game. It also drops the lowest amount of tech frags and iRated gear to either sell or deconstruct.

2. An “average” crafter cannot make 1 billion credits in a week. Anyone doing that from crafting isn’t average. I make about 50-100mil a week and I’m anything but an average crafter.

All comps have an AOE heal as far as I know.

If you take out ZO-0M and have a look in the abilities tab for the companion, there is a hidden skill that doesn't appear on the hotbar, but is used. A large aoe heal. Other companions don't have it. It's called Kolto Burst.

Edited by uppen

I think anyone giving the "advice" to farm heroics at any point after they patched out the absolutely ******** credit exploiting don't know it ever ended, and they made so much money exploiting the "event" that they've never run a heroic since. But you may be perceived as "lazy" if you didn't/don't take advantage like they did. Sort of like the rich guy who was gifted millions from his inheritance or a rich relative and started a business with free money and then lectures poor people they don't work hard enough to be rich just like him Edited by aerockyul

2 points I need to make because I do t know if you are trolling or not with this.

1. Pvp is the worst way to get credits. It literally drops the lowest per time spent in the game. It also drops the lowest amount of tech frags and iRated gear to either sell or deconstruct.

2. An “average” crafter cannot make 1 billion credits in a week. Anyone doing that from crafting isn’t average. I make about 50-100mil a week and I’m anything but an average crafter.

^ THIS.

I log in my [artifice] crafter twice a day. Each time list 5-10 crafted items. Most sell on the day, each item for 70-90K on average ( little or no mats cost, since I gather my own) . - So yes, it's easy to make 1/4 to 1/2 million per day if you're crafting always-in-demand stuff.

IF it was billions per week, I'd have many billions. - which isn't the case. Not that it matters, since I've nothing to spend it on anyways. :) Which is why for me, crafting is an amusing sideline, not something I'm mega-serious about.

as an aside, running heroics isn't the optimal. - Running conquest content on several characters to top the 50K goal is more effective use of your time. - Especially if you can group up with guild-mates for quick points, like world bosses and ops and champion kills. -And it's more profitable you're in a big conquest guild.

GL

If you take out ZO-0M and have a look in the abilities tab for the companion, there is a hidden skill that doesn't appear on the hotbar, but is used. A large aoe heal. Other companions don't have it. It's called Kolto Burst.

I will have to check it out. I’m guessing that Treek has the same thing because their AOE heal is nearly the same

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think anyone giving the "advice" to farm heroics at any point after they patched out the absolutely ******** credit exploiting don't know it ever ended, and they made so much money exploiting the "event" that they've never run a heroic since. But you may be perceived as "lazy" if you didn't/don't take advantage like they did. Sort of like the rich guy who was gifted millions from his inheritance or a rich relative and started a business with free money and then lectures poor people they don't work hard enough to be rich just like him

First I’ve heard about it. When did this happen?

It was whenever they dropped the heroic terminal on fleet. They were giving out insane credits, and even more insane if you ran them in a full group of lvl 70s with each bonus. Many people still mention that even years later we're still dealing with the inflationary aftermath of this gigantic infusion of credits that was so bad they nerfed the credit output (not sure when that happened, as in which specific patch it was) and so many credit sinks even now are based on all the credits that were given out at that time.

Even when this was happening I found it a tedious waste of grinding and refused to participate unless guildies asked for a group. When that happened I did not think even that insane amount of credits was worth doing the same thing over and over and over, just like I have the same contempt for running the same two MMFPs, or the one Uprising when THAT was the thing to grind into infinity.

I agree with you completely on your GTN advice, as I know several people that are billionaires specifically from GTN-only activities and just recently during this particular expansion I started getting serious about crafting and I've already made a couple hundred million over about three weeks. And we can enjoy the rest of the game as it comes to us rather than follow the lemmings doing the same single mindless hamster-wheel of activity ad infinitum

It was whenever they dropped the heroic terminal on fleet. They were giving out insane credits, and even more insane if you ran them in a full group of lvl 70s with each bonus. Many people still mention that even years later we're still dealing with the inflationary aftermath of this gigantic infusion of credits that was so bad they nerfed the credit output (not sure when that happened, as in which specific patch it was) and so many credit sinks even now are based on all the credits that were given out at that time.

Even when this was happening I found it a tedious waste of grinding and refused to participate unless guildies asked for a group. When that happened I did not think even that insane amount of credits was worth doing the same thing over and over and over, just like I have the same contempt for running the same two MMFPs, or the one Uprising when THAT was the thing to grind into infinity.

I agree with you completely on your GTN advice, as I know several people that are billionaires specifically from GTN-only activities and just recently during this particular expansion I started getting serious about crafting and I've already made a couple hundred million over about three weeks. And we can enjoy the rest of the game as it comes to us rather than follow the lemmings doing the same single mindless hamster-wheel of activity ad infinitum

Wow, I must have been living under my pvp rock at the time. I didn’t even know there was a heroic terminal on the fleet :eek:

I’ve only made my credits crafting low lvl items and GTN trading them because even before 6.0, pvp was the slowest way to make credits. It took me 10 months to make it over the Billion mark and since 6,0, I’ve actually been making more, even with their stupid credit sinks because they do not work on the people with all the credits.

The implementation of the credit sinks is poor and they don’t target us. They target the low credit and medium credit players. If their intention is to remove the excess credits form the game, it’s not working on us. It’s just making those who can’t afford it more poor and the game less fun for them.

This whole credit sink fiasco is imitating real life because all they really are is a tax. The rich keep getting richer, while the poor keep getting poorer and the middle class have to work doubly hard to maintain their status quo or go poor themselves.

BioWare really need to add sinks that target rich players:

Maybe higher GTN tax on items over 100mil or 200 mil.

How about a Kai Zykken type vendor with special “new” rare vanity items that rotate each week and are expensive

How about a Vendor that sells old subscriber rewards for an astronomical price and the vendor also works like Kai Zykken

How about a vendor that sells cartel market certificates

How about a vendor that sells reputation tokens and reputation currencies

How about a vendor that sells titles at astronomical prices.

How about a vendor that sells each datacron

Having a whole bunch of ideas together and not cherry picking one or two, would add a massive credit sink into the game to target those with most of the credits.

My ideas took me 30 secs to think out. They may or may not be the best, but they don’t target progression game play or players who don’t have the credits to afford them. They are not linked to being able to progress through the game at all and are vanity things,

I know I’m too lazy or time poor to go after some on those things and actually having something I want to spend my credits on would encourage me to do so. aka, there are a few titles I’d like because I think they are funny, but there is no way I’m going to grind boring content to get them. Aka, my wife has the “Physical back up unit” title from grinding story mode Star Fortresses. It’s not hard to get, but it’s a boring endeavour for me and I’ve better things to do with my game time.

I’m sure there are many old titles too that I got on my other account that I can’t be bothered to get on this one, I know I can’t be bother getting some of the datacrons on this account.

It took me longer to write this post than it did to think up those credit sinks to target Billionaires like us. Why can’t Bioware?

I thought people who make games are supposed to be creative to make the games fun and engaging? Not make them dull and grindy and into a second job.

If I can think of those ideas so quickly as I’m sure many others here can, why can’t the so called “creators” have better imagination on something so simple?

Maybe if they were more engaging with the player base with actual two way communication (looking at you Musco), maybe they could make the game better for everyone and not continue to drive it into the ground because they “think” they know what we want, when it’s obviousness they don’t know much of the time.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

i believe players continue to give tacit permission for BW to do nothing but focus on ways to grind something small and stupid infinitely and make unwanted “tweaks” to gearing in lieu of content, so why shouldn’t they continue to do just that? The players continually show they’re willing to run on this hamster wheel with no meaningful goal in sight other than to brag to and put down the people who don’t have the stomach or desire to do one thing ad nauseam. And other mmos do it, some worse than others or this one, and BW would get ripped for straying from that formula because a mind boggling number of people think this is what mmos should be and do as “entertainment”.

BW had a real chance to do something truly unique and outstanding if they had continued the class stories, but instead they followed the standard mmo mold and pushed towards more mindless grinding as content. Mmo wonks continue to applaud and demand the grind, and unfortunately that also lines up with cheaper “content” creation for this too-easy-to-please demographic in EAs eyes