Welcome to Shadow of Revan!

TaitWatson

Greetings,

I´m a subscriber for 2 years and I have pre-order of Shadow of Revan and i wanted to play it, so I started my journey with new character and hit the wall. What wall? I can´t play it, because of horrible lags at channeling skills in combat, and combat itself. I have server Lag 60 ms and it fells like 7k ms. I thought it was fixed after todays patch, but it doesn´t. Most of players have the same problem and we are really angry, because we are subs and we cant play our beloved game! Please fix it as soon as possible!!! I want to enjoy this game!!!

Are there any plans to do a state of the galaxy after the events in Shadow of Revan?

It feels a little incomplete something happens and then we all go back to the space dock in a sort of limbo. Is it going to be a case of 3 to 4 months now before we progress?

I know I could just use the loading screen photo as my desktop, but I would REALLY love a larger, HQ version of the SoR photo at the top of this blog! (And while you are at it, maybe the GSF and GSH loading screens as wallpapers? :D

You can find that loading screen in your SWTOR installation folder in high-res. Just look under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens\LoadingScreen.jpg

(exact location may vary depending on where you installed)

That way, you'll also be able to get the loading screen for any future expansion.

Or just download it directly here: http://i.imgur.com/gbFJW6D.jpg

Edited by Jerba

so i have never complained about anything before but this is Bantha Droppings in our mouths. so we get penalized for early access because we prepaid!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!! you need to rethink and refund everyone the cost of there damn abilities so abilities only cost creds during the early access free before and free after..........wow i dont even care about the lag or the damn bugs. lets see at 38-48k a peice and scaling up and that was alot of abilities i found myself having to go backwards to pay for them enstead of forward in game content. nuff said and im done on here had been thinking bout this all day hoping there would be a refund in the mail

I think.that in-game money is always the worst (easier) means to control what players must do to get high level gear.

This is true up to the end-game if you choosed FPs to reach 50 legacy instead of spending hours waiting for some guild members to get ready so you can start farming your Ops boss.

Then you have the "choice" to get rich enough to buy crafted super-epic costly mods ...

But I like how we can now solo FPs with a helping droid. I just hope it's a start for future playstyle choices when working on gearing up! I prefer playing swtor instead of farming it.

SoR is pretty awesome. The story lines (Main and Class) are pretty cool and definitely put to Chapters 1-3 to bed and wrapped up the first part of the game. That being said, this whole thing feels like they are working on Wrapping it up.

Anyway before I get off on a tangent that will get my post deleted;

Can we get a Dev to expand on the lag issues and when those lag issues will be resolved?

I currently run a custom built machine (6 months old) With a Core i7 Proc 16gb of RAM a 480gb SSD with a 1TB 2nd HDD and an nVidia 4gb DDR5 Graphics card. My internet is a 24mb fiber connection from AT&T u-verse and my media converter is less than 25 feet from my computer. I should not have massive amounts of lag due to equipment or internet bandwidth.

I have no problems watching movies on Netflix while my kids watch Hulu, my wife does her FB and Pinterest stuff and the neighbors kids who is constantly trying to hack my connection surfs redtube. (good luck now neighbor kid, I'm using MAC address filtering. HA! :rak_03:)

I've played this game over a 4G Cell phone connection in the past and used less than a GB of data over 3 days, so I know the bandwidth requirements are pretty low. So what gives?

Last night we took down The Revanite Walker, and The Ravagers in 16man the whole time I was in new content areas my game lag was awful even though my FPS was around 60ish and my ping was about 43. Killing the walker was only a challenge because people started lagging out.

Given all the variables it would seem that the Lag issue is all server side.

You just did an emergency patch to fix PvP items, could we possibly get an emergency patch to fix all the lag?

I have to say: Great expansion.

Just finished Rishi and until now I totally love it. SW atmosphere with a nice story, interesting and funny designs. Beautiful planet.

To me it's totally worth the money. I haven't felt that "storydriven" since finishing my class stories... Oricon and Makeb were rather... meh... compared to this.

I'm really surprised by the new expansion - it's great - better than the Hutt one.

Love the storyline, the new places, the solo flashpoints.

The graphics seem better too??

Took a couple of days to get used to the new skills and I was really wedded to the old trees - but I actually love them. You have to think a little when planning your abilities but you can come up with some awesome combinations...e.g.: force speed gives you 2 free instant lightning bolts, so you add force speed breaking CC and lower cool down on force speed too. Add the new abilitiy force flash with enhanced shock and suddenly lightning is a mobile spec! Love force leech in madness too.

I really like the way things are turning out. The end ability is now an enhanced version of core abilities. So lightning blast becomes bolt with more damage and a slow, etc.

The old trees couldn't go on for ever and enhancing core abilities is a good answer to the dilemma of how many abilities can you add as you add more levels?

The *only* thing still missing from the playing experience is dual spec or instant respect. Although this has made respecs easier, as a keen PvPer, the ability to enter a WZ and instantly become a healer because there aren't any is something I sorely miss from other games

But so far the story is so immersive and puts you right back into your character.

Well done Bioware !

Devs,

I always give Feedback in regards to new content...so here is my review of SoR.

PROS:

• This is a HUGE improvement over our last official expansion in terms of story -- Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I think it's much shorter that RothC, but the story telling it better because its "almost personal". That last fight really got me hyped too -- the team element. The class missions made this for me, please remember that!
    -
  • I like all the little cut scenes, but there needs to be more of them. The Cinematic elements really help set the mood for the game: the into to Rishi, the end of the arc, & the start of the arc -- amazing.
    -
  • I also really like the new skill trees -- keep em'!. I never used to re-spec because it was too much of a pain to put everything back where it was. Now, I think I'll reset on a regular basis to balance PvP & PvE.

Cons:

• Lazy development!! This was really close to being a PERFECT expansion, but you can just tell that EA had you guys put just enough work into this so it would fly -- really sad. For Instance, where is the dialog for half the quest NPCs? What's up with all the bugs? Why is there only one class mission, where there should be multiple throughout the entire story arc. What's up with the lack of QT points & rest areas on planet?
    -
  • The Lack of Treek & HK-51 is just silly at this point. Neither of them are included in any of the cut scenes even if you have them unlocked. I understand it would be a pain to have them in major roles, but you could at least give them a minor role somewhere if you have them unlocked.
    -
  • I haven't tried the raids yet (I've herd they are good), but where's the love for GSF or PvP? You know those crowds do play this game right? You could have at least tossed those guys a new WZ. I love raiding, but not everyone does....so try not to alienate your fan base.
    -
  • I really think you guys missed an amazing opportunity to tackle cross-faction content with this expansion. When are you ever going to see the pubs & imps hand in hand again? It would have made sense for once in terms of the LORE! Cross-faction would have cut the wait times for the new expansion content in half in terms of sitting in Q. After all, with only haveing two LvL 60 raids in group finder....I think things are going to get stale really quick.

OVERALL GRADE: -A

Just finished SoR and want to give thanks and praises to the guys from BW who made it. I loved the story and since I played it completely unspoiled I was very satisfied with the ending. I did not expect this, but it makes perfect sense and explains certain happenings in previous flashpoints. If this story wasn't planned from the very beginning, then you definitely made an excellent job wrapping up what storyline!

I remember all the haters here complaning about Revan coming back etc. Well, the answer they received is - imho - just perfect (though I wouldn't bet that they get it).

• 2 weeks later...
to little xp from the missions in the new patch. I have done the chain with 3 chars, 2 of them I also did the weekly on yavin 4 (the one where you have to 6 or 8 missions (can't recall how many)), and i still didn't manage to get to level 60 with those 2 chars. On my main i even used xp boost (about 4 hours worth, though i wasted some time with it), and it didnt get me. It seems the xp gain, is based on people who need to do some of the pre-fps' as the third char of mine, manage to reach level 60, before i was done with the story ( i also did a 2 pvp fights) and i needed to do manaan and rakata with him. But i also used a 3 hour xp boost on this char. Edited by ibervang

Does anyone else spend a LOT more time (and bandwidth) updating SWTOR than actually playing SWTOR...

I have the time to play maybe three times a month and EVERY SINGLE TIME if I don't log in three days before and download the 'latest' patch I don't play.

I appreciate new game content and all but for god's sake! I spend more in bandwidth overages than I ever do in subscription fees.

Sincerely, PO'd

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!!

Just wanted to also voice my opinion on Shadow of Revan - for me personally it is awesome!!! It has the exact right "Starwars Feel" to it, the missions are fun and the story is very interesting and engaging, the places look beautiful and the finale is awesome! The ending scene even ends in sich a way as cuts between scenes are sometimes made in the old movies! If there is one bad thing i would be forced to say about it its that i would have liked it to last longer :)

So thank you for doing such great work!!!

I just would like to know why I get an error message every time I go to the store to purchase the SOR expansion....did you guys sell all of them that you wanted to or....are you just not going to fix the error page so we can buy the expansion? Just...just asking...

I finished SoR on my imperial main yesterday. I didn't know that the story and cutscenes differ a bit from the republic ones. Especially the ending after the final fight. It felt even deeper and more powerful than the republic one and further explanations (from Revan) rounded up the story nicely. All in all, while my heart lies with the republic, I say that the imperial story was even more involving and a bit better. Absolutely awesome expansion (storywise)!!

I was also very pleased with the class mission for the agent (already enjoyed the trooper one before). As someone mentioned before: Nice wrapping up of the story from chapters 1 to 3. Especially now that I know what happens after SoR on imperial side, the IA class mission fits very nicely to the overall plot. Times'a'changin'. I'm a bit sad. ;)

What I also want to mention: I think that the cutscenes felt very Star Warsy all around. The way they were shot resembled scenes from the original movies. And the story around Revan shouts Star Wars all around. Revan's life is a similar tradegy as Darth Vader's / Anakin's. I feel pity for all the hateful players who don't get it and complain about the story. If you listen, read and watch all the SoR-cutscenes carefully, the full story spreads out massively and reveals a mighty and epic story. It is there! If you fail to comprehend it, it's not BW's fault.

Respect where respect is due. Thanks, Bioware.

P. S. And now fix all the bugs please, to make this expansion perfect. :)

I just would like to know why I get an error message every time I go to the store to purchase the SOR expansion....did you guys sell all of them that you wanted to or....are you just not going to fix the error page so we can buy the expansion? Just...just asking...

Same here. Tried to buy it twice, got an error each time, I took the hint. Oh, well. EAware's wonderfully talented web development team saving me money is a good thing.

I just finished it with my operative. And the level i ended up after having defeatet Revan, was just below 59. I didn't use an xp boost, nor did i do the FP's as they where already done. An entire level below max... guess they have really changed what they used to. Before it wasnt a problem reaching max level, now there has to be done quite some work. Doing the weekly on Yavin 4 won't get me close. And i was fully rested

01.10.2015 , 02:23 PM | #24

REPORT POST QUOTE

I just finished it with my operative. And the level i ended up after having defeatet Revan, was just below 59. I didn't use an xp boost, nor did i do the FP's as they where already done. An entire level below max... guess they have really changed what they used to. Before it wasnt a problem reaching max level, now there has to be done quite some work. Doing the weekly on Yavin 4 won't get me close. And i was fully rested

*sigh*

I have put thru 5 60's now and 2 were 60 before Revan, 2 were only a bubble from 60. Not sure what you are missing but unless you are skipping the side quests (which I didn't) then you should have been at least halfway to 60 by the time you finished Yavin.