Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):

• New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):

• Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).

This needs more explanation; what if I don't want or need my gear to disintegrate into Unassembled Components (UC)? Will there be a choice? I only used UCs to gear my main; I will not be wasting time or UCs doing that again with any of my alts - I'd rather have the Command Tokens. In addition, there hasn't been any information on whether UC cap will be increased.

Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

• New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Would you be able to divulge any information on this Master's Datacron? Is it a one-time use per account? Is it something we can buy or are granted? I don't remember reading or hearing about this item.

EDIT: Darthscotty beat me to the punch on this. Glad to know I'm not the only one that might have "missed something" in the Road Map or other communications.

Edited by aerockyul

It's still nice, I hated how the boosted tokens auto completed all story and made you miss out on a lot of things!

I absolutely agree. Love the fact that this is meant to be used on existing characters. For all the expansions that I'm tired of playing through, it will be nice to jump a couple from the end of class story to end game.

Thanks for the honesty but you make me worried for the little content we are getting and can you keep the schedule you mentioned going into 2018 with the one FP and remaining 2 OPS bosses that you couldn't complete in all of 2017. Which technically are already delayed from what you originally said about the OPS.

Hey folks,

• And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

"Master's Datacron" - boost character to 70 without progressing story?!! Score one for the altoholics - woot woot!!:D:D

would like to hear more about the Datacron, but expect it to be about the same cost as other tokens and could possibly replace them. would love to take the two free ones i have and be able to convert them into this one, but dont see that happening.

ya cant just plop something like that on the table and not say more! we are less than two weeks away!

would like to hear more about the Datacron, but expect it to be about the same cost as other tokens and could possibly replace them. would love to take the two free ones i have and be able to convert them into this one, but dont see that happening.

ya cant just plop something like that on the table and not say more! we are less than two weeks away!

To be fair, they did mention this previously - again, without any detail...

"Plus, the update will include a multitude of additional features. My favorites include an enhanced Group Finder that makes grouping up quick and easy, Legacy bank improvements, a means of boosting a character to Level 70, and some cool United Forces rewards. We are also hard at work on features planned for early 2018, including overhauling the Conquest system with a stronger focus on Daily Activities and giving all guilds and players access to some great rewards."

That stinks about the new WZ (please tell me it's not just another arena!), but two weeks is a short wait to get it right. :t_cool:

Its not an arena. Its the alderaan civil war gametype on Yavin (basically the same map design based on the twitter photo they released awhile back.)

Could you please comment on any potential bug fixes in the next patch?

For example, will stronghold prestige be recalculated with a cap matching the decoration's max count?

Will our level 60 tokens be returned when deleting a character that didn't craft, level, etc?

Will the rename window work properly, fixing the ?' problem?

Will eyes stop sparkling?

Thanks!

Edited by Xina_LA

• Dev Post
This needs more explanation; what if I don't want or need my gear to disintegrate into Unassembled Components (UC)? Will there be a choice? I only used UCs to gear my main; I will not be wasting time or UCs doing that again with any of my alts - I'd rather have the Command Tokens. In addition, there hasn't been any information on whether UC cap will be increased.

To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

• Dev Post
A little more information on this one please. How do I get it ect.... this is the first I am hearing of it.

It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric

However, that still means no class buff either.

You'll still have to level the old fashion way if you want that it seems.

For my playstyle (RP/PvP - Ajunta Pall anyone?), this is exactly what I want. In fact, I'm going to sit tight and do GTN, stronghold decorations until this hits.

Prior to 5.0, I liked to level slowly and accumulate crystals and comms for endgame while playing the stories (I play the stories over and over and over). But with 5.0, there was suddenly a brick wall between pre-70 gameplay and post. Meaning that you couldn't start earning anything for endgame until 70 - this made my playstyle feel needlessly grindy. I've bought a couple outlander tokens, just to try out mirror class PvP, and I don't play those toons because I don't like the fact that they have no "story".

I think the devs realized this, to their credit, and this fix is perfect IMO (albeit, certainly to affect the wallet :o)...