For those that still get some joy out of PvP, please chime in on this guys post

cycao

Why bother?

BioWare is obviously not going to remove PvP from the game no matter what. No point bickering in a thread about it.

sadly I dont think they will improve it much either ...explicitly if it goes ftp as there is no money in it and their time will be spent on pay to play content.

I was going to post in that tread but its just full of people that Have no understanding of pvp and its mechanics most of the posts in there are from People that get stunlocked to death every match or were molested whilst trying to do their pve thing And hate any form of pvp Because they suck at it and can't handle losing to another person

Best to just let it drop of the front page

Personally I only play mmos for pvp weather it's balanced or not I find that

It offers some of the most fun competitive game play around combined with improving and building your character any mmo without pvp would be boring And not worth playing to me

Edited by denpic

Alright, chimed in.

Actually, PvPers are the ideal customers of an MMO. The term "content locusts" has been thrown around many times in many MMO forums, and while it's an insulting term, it's pretty much spot on. PvE content takes the longest to develop and the shortest time to consume, and once the PvE players have farmed a raid or dungeon several times it ceases to be fun, so they go to another game to occupy themselves until the next "content" update.

PvPers, on the other hand, are best customers you could possibly have. Our enjoyment of the game comes from the game mechanics, team composition, and community both same-faction and cross-faction. We've entertained ourselves for 10 months with only 4 warzones. We build community in a way that PvE never can - and yes, community comes from rivalries and friendships. Not competition for raid spots, guild poaching, loot councils, favoritism, and power struggles.

I used to exclusively be a hardcore PvE raider in World of Warcraft. Those days are over - no studio can possibly develop enough content to keep the min/maxer, content-locust from devouring any PvE content in the same week it is released and having "nothing to do" until the next major patch. With PvP, the sky's the limit. We'll keep pushing to get better and better skill-wise for competition's sake, rather than pushing harder and harder to improve our character's stats so that we can "run that boring dungeon for the 100th time a bit faster".

We're a pretty damn good community to keep pleased. Sure, some will complain on the forums about imbalance - but they're still paying a subscription. The PvEer who has completed the current content will unsubscribe and play another MMO until SWTOR has another content update. But even with only 4 warzones to play, PvP communities are still going very strong. Every day I learn new things about my class, meet new friends and rivals, and have more and more exciting competition.

Edited by Jenzali