Redo the character customization system and assets

LouDaBaconMaster

Many of the characters in the new updates have unique faces, that are custom made and significantly higher in quality than the PC and the rest of the NPC's in SWTOR. This can often lead to strange situations in cutscenes where the PC and, for example, Tau look like models from different games. The PC often looks like a sad potato when compared to the newer NPC's. So I think it would be good to overhaul the character creation assets and add in some new ones, with the goal of expanding the individuality and uniqueness of character designs. Thanks for your time :)

Yeah, Bioware doesn't seem to be too proficient with optimization. Though it would be nice if my sorcerer looked more like Sidious, rather than a sad piece of moldy cheese.

It would also be nice if they added some kind of age slider, so all the characters don't look 32.

Edited by LouDaBaconMaster

If it doesn't bring my FPS crashing down due to some poor optimization I'm all for it, I'm a little wary of any graphical updates after how poorly optimized Onderon and Mek-Sha were.

Don't worry, you've reminded the devs plenty of times that 15-year-old computers are the standard to base all graphics in the game.

Don't worry, you've reminded the devs plenty of times that 15-year-old computers are the standard to base all graphics in the game.

And I shall continue reminding them, but hey clearly the issue are the 15-year-old computers not the fact people with 4K grids were having lag on Mek-Sha. The game's optimization was always fine too, we never had a removal of a certain thing in Ilum due to FPS issues. But please, continue trying to advocate for changes that would take players like me out of the game, excuse me if I can't upgrade my PC for a 2011 game that never had good optimization to begin with. My fault clearly, I should clearly buy a NASA supercomputer in order to be able to play a 2011 MMORPG. Seems fair.

Sarcasm aside, maybe I'd be for better graphics if the optimization of the game was better, or hell if its just exclusive to the higher quality presets. So long as people like me don't get locked out of the game for not having the latest hardware. Bioware needs to first look into ways to optimize the game better before doing massive graphical changes that could potentially impact everyone, and fix lingering issues that have been present since launch. If they're able to fix that, or at least alleviate, I would not be wary of any upcoming graphical changes. But considering their track record, especially Onderon and Mek-Sha, with any graphical upgrade it comes with poor optimization. Note, I don't mind lowering my graphical options but when people with 4K computers are having lag issues on Mek-Sha you know there is an issue beyond individual computers.

Edited by FlameYOL

Yeah, Bioware doesn't seem to be too proficient with optimization. Though it would be nice if my sorcerer looked more like Sidious, rather than a sad piece of moldy cheese.

It would also be nice if they added some kind of age slider, so all the characters don't look 32.

Yeah it would be nice if they optmized this game better, I never had any FPS issues with their other games. Hell I was even able to play Andromeda on medium after I bought a slightly less old GPU to replace my old one, but SWTOR due to its engine always had janky optimization and whenever they update graphic it arguably gets worse. Hopefully the rendering changes Keith hinted at are not just better graphics but also better optimization.

YEEES, I would love age sliders I think they'd be so beneficial. I know some people who like their character to be really old lore-wise but the in-game character creator is not always the best at reflecting that.