Other Healers Completely Outclassed by OP Sage/Sorc

Tarackian

This isn't even about "all healers" because it isn't all healers.

Smugglers, Mercs, they have their moments, but I have never seen one put out literally 8 million healing in a single warzone like I see sorcerers and sages doing. That's on the high end, but 6 to 7 million seems pretty average now with top gear. I've never seen a Merc or Operative do that much.

The problem is, that's more healing than half of the entire other team will do in damage, and that's just one sorcerer. I've been 2 sages both do 6 million healing in a single warzone for a total of 12 million. And unlike the other healers, sorcerers can do most of this on-the-run. They don't even have to stand still.

Yeah, yeah, "get good" and "do better dps" or whatever. Look, when sages are putting out so much healing that no one's health bar even moves, it doesn't matter. Your impressive crits don't mean anything in these scenarios. All the recent nerfs to damage have been bigger than nerfs to heals.

Maybe sorcerers and sages being so overpowered wouldn't be as big of a deal if most of the warzones in this game didn't so heavily favor teams that can camp on top of objectives and live almost indefinitely. I was in a Novare Coast last night that everyone quit because neither team could cap a second node. Fighting for 20 minutes over nothing isn't fun.

Smugglers, Mercs, they have their moments, but I have never seen one put out literally 8 million healing in a single warzone like I see sorcerers and sages doing. That's on the high end, but 6 to 7 million seems pretty average now with top gear. I've never seen a Merc or Operative do that much.

Well.....

LINK

Sorc selfheal is bugged at the Moment

Sorc bugged geal notwithstanding, I expect to be out HPSd by a good Op like Hottie but not by a merc, as a sorc.

As a merc, I expect to be out HPSd by both Op and Sorc, but I have the ability to be my own tank and laugh maniacally when netted.

As both sorc and merc I like my immediate response to burst healing better than Op.

When I face full on pressure comps with 2mDPS I momentarily think about getting on my Op but then I chickle and ask for ranged DPS.

Great another BS post. Why not post the top 20 or 30 of these where 2 healers combine for 12-16 million please. Umm, because you don't have any. I typically see sages peak at 2.5 - 3.5M. But feel free to multiple values by a factor and exaggerate to make a bogus point.

Seriously, if you are in wars where you and your team choose to let a healer freecast all day long, you deserve to see his values high. But real players know how to handle healers easily. L2P.

If you are not a healer, then your post is meaningless anyhow. If you are a healer of another class and are mad that sage/sorcs are optimized for ONLY HEALING instead of hybrid with other abilities like some of the other healing classes then the solution is simple. Switch to a sage healer, and lets see you get your 6-8M you claim. If it is soooooo easy, lets see it.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Point is, most every MMO chooses a class to be a HEALER ONLY class. That class can be a bit boring to some, because they have to pretty much 100% heal in an encounter. Imagine a fully geared merc 1v1 a mildly geared sage. The sage will NEVER kill the merc. Why? Because he is a raw healer and the merc is either dps with heals, or heals with dps. Go cry me a river.

Great another BS post. Why not post the top 20 or 30 of these where 2 healers combine for 12-16 million please. Umm, because you don't have any. I typically see sages peak at 2.5 - 3.5M. But feel free to multiple values by a factor and exaggerate to make a bogus point.

Seriously, if you are in wars where you and your team choose to let a healer freecast all day long, you deserve to see his values high. But real players know how to handle healers easily. L2P.

If you are not a healer, then your post is meaningless anyhow. If you are a healer of another class and are mad that sage/sorcs are optimized for ONLY HEALING instead of hybrid with other abilities like some of the other healing classes then the solution is simple. Switch to a sage healer, and lets see you get your 6-8M you claim. If it is soooooo easy, lets see it.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Point is, most every MMO chooses a class to be a HEALER ONLY class. That class can be a bit boring to some, because they have to pretty much 100% heal in an encounter. Imagine a fully geared merc 1v1 a mildly geared sage. The sage will NEVER kill the merc. Why? Because he is a raw healer and the merc is either dps with heals, or heals with dps. Go cry me a river.

None of the healing specs are optimized to do both good dps and good heals at the same time. Every class that has a heal spec also has a dps spec, but if you spec into heals, you aren't going to do great dps on any of them. If you are primarily dpsing as Bodguard or Medicine, you are doing it wrong (some exceptions, for example arena and you have 4 heals on your team. Someone is gonna have to suck it up and do bad dps).

P.S. There is a bug right now where Sorcs/sages are getting an extra set bonus, so they are in fact doing more damage than they are supposed to.

Are you kidding me? Hello, Sorcerers can spec into healing or dps just like Mercs and Ops can spec into healing or dps. You can't do both at the same time.

I was -just now- in another warzone (Voidstar) with 3 healers doing over 5 million healing. Neither team even capped the first doorway.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Are you playing the same game I am? All 3 of the healer specs are pure healers. They can all do some damage but they're definitely not hybrids. Seriously where did you even get this idea from?

Also 8mil is definitely possible, I've seen it a few times. I've also seen all 3 of the healer specs do at least over 6mil. This requires a fairly long, drawn out match though.

Sorc healers are top dog right now, especially with the bug.

Well.....

LINK

Sorc selfheal is bugged at the Moment

83k heal, 16 mill in heals, 10k hps. You've got to be friggen kidding me.

The irony here is their flawed Class balancing initiative in 5.6 caused over-performing/and under-performing. Even worse it isn't just Sorcs that are bugged this way. Arsenal and Sniper seems to be too as well DPS wise.

Cause, ya know, like, Mercs and Snipers weren't already OP as F.

To quote Eric about this subject -

"Hey folks,

One more known issue for the list. A handful of Disciplines are currently performing better than they should be. This is due to a number of unintended passive benefits which are applying to them. There is no in-game indication on your character of whether or not it is applying to you, but it is a bug related to some set bonuses. This will be addressed in a future update. If you notice you are healing for or doing more damage than usual, this is why.

-eric"

My favorite part being about 'some future update. We already know it won't be addressed in 5.6.1

Maybe they'll get it to it in a year or so.

I can't help but ponder whether or not BW has the same definition of the word 'balance' as the rest of humanity.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

The new sorc healing bug makes sorcs be able to heal for around the same amount of maximum hps potential as operatives but being a effective burst healing class. This makes it extremely broken for pvp. Operatives can have high hps potential but a lot of it is stacked small healing and there is massive amount of over healing that we can't control. Sorcs are able now to produce the same amount of hps but as burst aoe healing.

It's absurd and extremely broken. This bug adds like 4K hps. Players should be mad. I heard a large number of sorc healers started to sorc heal again after this bug got announced lol. Speaks a lot for the crowd.

I agree with hottie...

Sorc heal Bug is worse than commando shield selfheal before the nerf...

Only difference is - mando do/did Not have the same healing potential as a sorc heal...

I feel pity for People/healers who roll/play a sorc/sage now because of the Bug :(

Edited by Tharianus

As a rule, if you cannot replicate the perceived unfair advantage, one might consider that the issue isn't balance but skill.

I want to quote this comment on nearly every thread on the PvP section of the forums. So much Mad Cuz bad.

not outclassed any healer can do good hps

http://oi66.tinypic.com/aujojs.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2ex64ao.jpg

and any healer can do high overall heal too if that matters to you

Yeah, I didn't think so.

He's not exaggerating. I'm seeing numbers in the 5-7 million range from time to time. Not every match though. But the numbers are definitely seeing a huge hike due to the set bonus bug. Even before that, higher than 3 million was not at all unheard of it is isn't exclusive to any class. One of the best healers I play with in PVP presently in an Operative, and she is one of the best healers I've ever seen and has preformed as such through multiple metas.

I am personally a proponent of Sorcs being the best healers in the game. I don't play a sorc, I never have, you couldn't pay me to play a sorc, but, as the only Force user class that's capable of the healer role, I do feel the force should make them better healers. That said, there is no "healing class" in this game, so your point about what is in other MMOs is moot.

not outclassed any healer can do good hps

http://oi66.tinypic.com/aujojs.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2ex64ao.jpg

and any healer can do high overall heal too if that matters to you

"Good hps"? 9k is nothing mate, Lyala pulled 16k hps in team ranked on a bugged sorc with new augments. 9k can't even compete with 16k lmfao