Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Count Dooku vs B-Team

Beniboybling
10.19.2015 , 02:14 PM | #1
Dooku vs Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar & Saesee Tinn

Battleground: Chancellor's Suite

Dooku faces off against the B-Team, all in there primes. Can he pull off a win?

NOTE: Please provide reasoning for you're opinion to spark some argument, no one word answers.

Selenial
10.19.2015 , 02:18 PM | #2
No, he gets slaughtered, what the ****.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

cs_zoltan
10.19.2015 , 03:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
No, he gets slaughtered, what the ****.
Well maybe not slaughtered, but let's take a look:

https://youtu.be/3wBly2lYr64?t=13s

Dooku can contend with a lightsided Anankin and Kenobi. Both of which are superior duelists and force users to any member of the team. We never saw a full duel between them though (well with prime Kenobi and Anakin), until RotS, which was with prep and DS Anakin. So Dooku might've been just delaying the inevitable...
Anakin and Kenobi also have superior teamwork. Naturally the B-team has good teamwork as well, considering they know each other for a considerable amount of time, as well as being sent after Sidious together. But still inferior to Anakin and Obi-Wan, who are famous for that. They probably have the single best teamwork in the whole Star Wars. Yet Dooku could still find holes in it.

What I think tips the balance in the teams favour is that the team is 3 people, not 2. Obi-Wan and Anakin might be superior in every way, but I don't think to such extent to make up for a whole person.

One last thing: Fisto has a stylistic disadvantage.

B-team 6/10.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

Beniboybling
10.19.2015 , 03:30 PM | #4
My thoughts exactly, concerning Anakin vs Kenobi though take into account that in their ROTS engagement Dooku was able to KO Obi Wan pretty easily, while simultaneously fending off Anakin.

If we assume Anakin and Kenobi the more deadly pairing, and consider that Dooku has KO'ed the likes of Ventress with his TK, then I would think that Dooku could replicate that against any one member of the team.

That would make it a 2 v 1, which Dooku is more than capable of winning.

cs_zoltan
10.19.2015 , 03:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
My thoughts exactly, concerning Anakin vs Kenobi though take into account that in their ROTS engagement Dooku was able to KO Obi Wan pretty easily, while simultaneously fending off Anakin.

If we assume Anakin and Kenobi the more deadly pairing, and consider that Dooku has KO'ed the likes of Ventress with his TK, then I would think that Dooku could replicate that against any one member of the team.

That would make it a 2 v 1, which Dooku is more than capable of winning.
Depends. The way it was depicted in the novel is that Dooku could only BFR Kenobi on his second try, and even then with favourable circumstances.
Also 3 duelist would probably put more pressure on him. Dooku, afterall, had to get a breathing room from only one enemy to BFR Kenobi. This time he'd have to break off of two enemy and then BFR the third.

Beniboybling
10.19.2015 , 04:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Depends. The way it was depicted in the novel is that Dooku could only BFR Kenobi on his second try, and even then with favourable circumstances.
Also 3 duelist would probably put more pressure on him. Dooku, afterall, had to get a breathing room from only one enemy to BFR Kenobi. This time he'd have to break off of two enemy and then BFR the third.
Favorable circumstances? Dooku was suffering from Force exhaustion, wouldn't call that favorable.

Be aware though that Dooku, when at full strength, easily KO'ed Ventress after ragdolling Vos:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...1-aadooku2.jpg

He would need breathing room though true, on the other hand Dooku is expert at manipulating the battlefield and opponents to his advantage. His entire duel with Anakin & Kenobi in TCW consists of Dooku repeatedly off-balancing his opponents so he only had to fight them one at at a time. And considering that his opponents are individually slower and less skilled, as well as Dooku having a stylistic advantage against Fisto, it's a strong possibility.

I'd give it to Dooku 6/10 tbh because if he's successful its game over for the others.

cs_zoltan
10.19.2015 , 04:39 PM | #7
Favorable circumstances? Dooku was suffering from Force exhaustion, wouldn't call that favorable.
He had the high ground lol

As well as that something falling on Kenobi after he slammed into the wall.

tunewalker
10.19.2015 , 09:31 PM | #8

Be aware though that Dooku, when at full strength, easily KO'ed Ventress after ragdolling Vos:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...1-aadooku2.jpg

He would need breathing room though true, on the other hand Dooku is expert at manipulating the battlefield and opponents to his advantage. His entire duel with Anakin & Kenobi in TCW consists of Dooku repeatedly off-balancing his opponents so he only had to fight them one at at a time. And considering that his opponents are individually slower and less skilled, as well as Dooku having a stylistic advantage against Fisto, it's a strong possibility.

I'd give it to Dooku 6/10 tbh because if he's successful its game over for the others.
still only facing 2 people, I think the thing with facing 2 people is Dooku was very well equiped and used to fighting pairs , less so equiped to fend off a trio, simply because pairs were usually how groups traveled in, still it isnt some easy match one way or the other, its still rough either way, Honestly I am feeling like splitting hairs and just straight up calling it a 50/50