Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSublimitas
04.13.2012 , 09:43 AM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by lentWolf View Post
Welcome to EA Games. Everything they touch becomes tainted, so why should you be surprised that TOR is having problems? BW is owned by EA now, and is forced to roll out content before it's ready, without proper testing.

But I have great news for you - Guild Wars 2 beta starts soon!
Oh I know. We in the gaming community have known of EA's moniker of the "Kiss of Death" for MANY years now. NOTHING they do surprises me. They are a total anathema that should be wiped from the face of the planet.

EA = Nickle and Dime and Nickle and Dime

Quote:
Forbe’s Paul Tassi writes, “I’ve been covering hate of EA for quite a while now, and understand why their brand is so despised among gamers. They have [a] habit of buying beloved gaming companies and either summarily executing them, or corrupting them to the point where they’re almost unrecognizable. Most recently, fans mourned the apparent loss of Bioware. The genius [developer] was behind Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect, but the way newer titles like The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 have been handled since EA took over has caused fans to lose faith. EA is at the forefront of some of the most annoying practices in the industry to date, such as restrictive DRM, seemingly abusive DLC and appearing to trade creativity for cash.”

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67942420.html
"The Truth Shall Free Me"
And humour makes our lives worth living:
http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/ Why it's bad to plagiarize:http://auditorydepredation.files.wor...6231905169.jpg

tramm
04.13.2012 , 09:43 AM | #562
This thread is better than any HBO Comedy tour..

Wandur
04.13.2012 , 09:44 AM | #563
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
if bioware could be bothered to do a little thing called TESTING there would not be problems like this.

they also need to listen to the feedback they get from players on PTS. 99% of the good feedback was completely ignored while 1.2 was on PTS. when we did get a dev response, it was patronizing. dev team needs to shape up
Are you crazy? Fixing bugs that were reported? Pfft! (Couldn't agree more with you, reported a graphic bug with the jedi knight legacy armor, checked it on live yesterday and whoops! The bug wasn't fixed -.-)

They wanted 1.2 to be tested but didn't allow everyone to char copy, fail. As they wanted to test rated warzones there were less than 8 50s on the fleet yet they said the testing was fine?

To be honest, every ticket I've opened since the game went live was just some generic answer completely ignoring what I was saying. On the beta they at least answered regarding the topic, now it's all generic no matter how detailed the report is. Since the beta I've spent hours reporting bugs, by now I might as well give up.
Good players don't complain, they adjust and improve.

hyblon
04.13.2012 , 09:44 AM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Rest assured that after this unscheduled maintenance, your guild bank (and everything in it) will return to its normal state.
yes but .. you are committing many serious errors in every patch process since the game has been launched.

No excuse , you should work more closely.

Fachtna
04.13.2012 , 09:44 AM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by lavatious View Post
lol i knew this would happen and got shot down in taris chat il rei9terate "bioware knows what its doing the patch will have no bugs.... theve been working on it for weeks n weeks"

cha riight lol zomg im glad i didnt pay the overpriced 1.5 mill to play a miraluka nor the shafting 600k to open a guild bank when as a guild i should ya know have a guild bank.

il keep my 39.3 million split between my characters ta muchly

I have no idea what you just said but I feel like I should be offended.
Team Helen Keller

verymediocre
04.13.2012 , 09:44 AM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyck View Post
Most of us are only slightly annoyed.

Most of us know that these things can and do happen.

Most of us have experienced the exact same kind of thing in other MMOs.

Most of us know everything will be restored.

Most of us recognize that BW is still new in this genre and is making the same kinds of mistakes most other MMOs have made.

Most of us just ignore threads like these.

For some reason, I'm being stupid and responding. I'm sure I'll regret it.
Just realized I did the stupid thing, too.

Brofist?

/brofist

Revcis
04.13.2012 , 09:44 AM | #567
can we get SWG back?

Dizzident
04.13.2012 , 09:44 AM | #568
Quote: Originally Posted by Bisousbisous View Post
Buy when blood is running through the streets...

EnufThree
04.13.2012 , 09:45 AM | #569
Quote: Originally Posted by Revcis View Post
can we get SWG back?
That's not even funny.
I suppose getting a lyrium tattoo of breasts on my chest would make things better...

RougenFarstar
04.13.2012 , 09:45 AM | #570
/rant

It's a joke tbh, working in IT if my guys released a software or server patch to production servers and systems and it failed badly heads would roll. But then again, you'd expect QA and UAT to be done properly and signed off, not to mention going through change control approval and then having a very speedy roll back plan with timings, not just a 'um things are broke, lets take everything offline and leave people hanging'.

And just because this is a game it makes no odds, everyone is still a 'paying' customer - paying for something that they can't currently use or use properly, paying their wages working on this project. Unhappy customers and unsubbing customers = lost revenue = lost jobs. Oh and also taking every single server offline at the same time and downing the entire platform is just plain stupid, even if you have a crazy amount of engineers to patch each server at the same time (highly unlikely). Why not schedule the work on batches of servers like most sane people would?

Why is it no one can get these MMO releases right?

/rolls eyes /rant over