Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTergon
01.21.2021 , 07:01 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hey Deadbladey,
The Grade 7 Missions are intended to be challenging especially for players who have mastered everything in the Grade 5 Mission. You are meant to have almost max level ship gear and have knowledge of when to strategically use your abilities. However, there is little to no RNG, so that will help with planning your route and trying new techniques tp complete the mission. While Grade 7 is the most challenging piece of content for this mode of the game, it is definitely doable with the right gear and strategies.

EDIT: I'll also be moving this discussion to the appropriate sub-forum.
Do you actually play the game? Have you encountered this issue, or are you quoting devs who either haven't done it, or are hard core players, so stuff like this is meaningless. The biggest issues is, these missions are considered 'Heroic' yet, unlike every other heroic missions, you cannot invite someone to help, there are no other areas where you can do a harder mode, without inviting others. There are many reason why people have issues with this, and yet, you continue to put forward that it's a LTP issue.

winpersec
01.21.2021 , 07:10 PM | #42
But this is a L2P issue.

What you have to do is watch another people vids from those heroics, figure out why they do what they do and then just do this yourself. Or figure out by yourself, make your route and take your cup of dopamine because you would truly achieve this reputation.
Which is not needed anywhere in the game, has nothing to do with the story and is meaningless in any way except for earning the legacy title. Heh.

Edit: aye, the Gearhead achievement. Probably it is called achievement for a reason? It's like all those people who buy Crests and NiM titles, still knowing little to no about their classes or even specs and struggling to complete a MM FP being with Dread Master title, Crest and on Wings. Which leads us to hundreds of threads like "please nerf something supposedly overtuned". Like this one.
A real man has the nerves to take what he deserves.

<Peppermint>

DarthCasus
01.21.2021 , 07:10 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
This would be unfair to the people who farmed the reputation with the same way it is now, dont you think? It took us months, so why should it be easier for you?
As someone who maxed it long ago, I wouldn't mind if they made the grind less insufferable for others. I never liked the 'I got mine, now its your turn to suffer' thing. Just add something new for the rest (and the few!) of us that already finished it. Seriously, so much Cartel stuff pumped into the game and you'd think they would update reputation vendors
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

LJ_Gibbs
01.21.2021 , 07:47 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by winpersec View Post
But this is a L2P issue.

What you have to do is watch another people vids from those heroics, figure out why they do what they do and then just do this yourself. Or figure out by yourself, make your route and take your cup of dopamine because you would truly achieve this reputation.
And what if someone has done this... and failed HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of times? As people have said... nothing else single player in this game is even moderately this difficult.

DarkTergon
01.21.2021 , 08:03 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
And what if someone has done this... and failed HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of times? As people have said... nothing else single player in this game is even moderately this difficult.
Nods sagely...

winpersec
01.21.2021 , 08:07 PM | #46
Probably it's not for you? You can do great at another aspects of the game for sure. Stick to those and enjoy, why struggle with this pointless railshooter?
A real man has the nerves to take what he deserves.

<Peppermint>

LJ_Gibbs
01.21.2021 , 08:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by winpersec View Post
Probably it's not for you? You can do great at another aspects of the game for sure. Stick to those and enjoy, why struggle with this pointless railshooter?
Because MMOs are inherently for people OCD ..... and it is the ONLY rep I do not have done. I have done EVERY mission in the space combat but those heroics. Why do the easy ones not give green rep? I get rep for sneezing through dailies on CZ... why not this?

Deadbladey
01.21.2021 , 08:22 PM | #48
Because MMOs are inherently for people OCD ..... and it is the ONLY rep I do not have done. I have done EVERY mission in the space combat but those heroics. Why do the easy ones not give green rep? I get rep for sneezing through dailies on CZ... why not this?
I totally agree the other dailies should give green rep not just the 1 of them right now. I have actually managed to complete 3/6 of the heroic missions today after hitting my head against a wall for several hours

I have worked out a good method for dodging projectiles is to use your keyboard to always keep moving when taking fire from other ships etc (Using Jammer when you come up against a lot of enemies and/or turrets from big ships is also essential for survival).
Free stuff if you click this link and use my referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/StmHqq

Char Name: Deadley (Sith Empire) - Server: Darth Malgus

LJ_Gibbs
01.21.2021 , 08:24 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadbladey View Post
I totally agree the other dailies should give green rep not just the 1 of them right now. I have actually managed to complete 3/6 of the heroic missions today after hitting my head against a wall for several hours

I have worked out a good method for dodging projectiles is to use your keyboard to always keep moving when taking fire from other ships etc (also using Jammer when you come up against a lot of enemies or turrets from big ships is essential for survival).
I have done this.... HUNDREDS OF TRIES.

I have practically spammed the spacebar to roll. Constant movement. Hell, I can't even just go through it by just flying... no shooting at all without dying. And I have fill Grade 7 gear.

Deadbladey
01.21.2021 , 08:31 PM | #50
Using barrel roll doesn't really help much IMO I've found your better off just dodging normally with directional keys. I normally just go around in a half circle pattern. Also don't bother trying to do the bonus missions it's not worth dying over. Use your conversion module on shield if not attacking anything (shooting blasters will stop shield regen so only use missiles if your low on shields)
Free stuff if you click this link and use my referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/StmHqq

Char Name: Deadley (Sith Empire) - Server: Darth Malgus