Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deadbladey
01.20.2021 , 11:19 AM | #1
Heroic Space Missions (Grade 7) are difficultly scaled way too high in comparison to the grade 5 missions. Can we get this nerfed so I can actually get the flaming reputation?? Please BW it is not fun continuously dying over and over again. I realise this is old content but would be nice if their is some decent conquest rewards aswell for doing this.

TrixxieTriss
01.20.2021 , 10:11 PM | #2
They are pretty hard. There is a huge jump in skill requirement and mechanics when you go to grade 7 missions, Nothing eases you into it and you might breeze through the lower ones like you’re the best space pilot in the galaxy to being bug splatter when you try grade 7.

Jesseriah
01.21.2021 , 03:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadbladey View Post
Heroic Space Missions (Grade 7) are difficultly scaled way too high in comparison to the grade 5 missions. Can we get this nerfed so I can actually get the flaming reputation?? Please BW it is not fun continuously dying over and over again. I realise this is old content but would be nice if their is some decent conquest rewards aswell for doing this.
Or you just try to get better at it, right? These missions are definitely doable if you upgrade your ship with the highest components.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Gametime, Chartransfer and more!

DarthCasus
01.21.2021 , 04:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseriah View Post
Or you just try to get better at it, right? These missions are definitely doable if you upgrade your ship with the highest components.
Yeah, people would be surprised at how 'easy' these can be once you get down the pattern, because they largely rely on pattern recognition. I failed them over and over with subpar gear and while it was initially frustrating (after the first afternoon spent going at them), they became pretty easy. Have a Cybertech character on standby to craft 3 of the major max pieces, grind up just enough to purchase 3 others with comms and I believe is available with credits from the start. I'll quote myself from another thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
You can start fully outfitting your ship for one character within a week. There are heroics for characters at higher levels beyond 50+ that reward a fair amount of comms for the gear. Believe me, it hung over my head for years before I got to grinding it out. One character's semi-geared ship with blues from around launch went to a fully decked out ship with only 450k credits spent and a weekend of getting the hang of the missions with the guides open for efficiency.

Come on folks, its not an esport, failure is fine. I failed my way upward and came out better for it. Failure is the best teacher and your reflexes don't have to be sharp because the variables barely change on each try, so its down to memorization and gear. You can outright buy 3 or 4 of the essential parts for cheap (sub 1m, which is nothing these days) and again, you don't NEED grade 7 stuff. It just makes more room for error.

Btw, GSF daily+weekly rewards a ton of the commendations for the PVE space missions. You don't have to win, just spend some time doing something different. I finished the weeklies in less than an hour and a half, even faster on CQ weeks encouraging GSF. If you're looking for a carry to speed it up, ask in the GSF chat channel, the aces are pretty cool about it. You might learn something too.
If you're on Star Forge, I'll happily send you some upper tier stuff but it is advised that you use them one 1 character and get started grinding up with them before expanding. You can max out the rep in a few weeks and that's with casual play, which becomes simple enough after some time in these. Youtube also has great 'guides' which are just vids showing you some less stressful techniques/moves/tricks.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

DarkTergon
01.21.2021 , 04:15 AM | #5
Climbing mount Everest is doable...but not everyone can do it. Just upgrade your equipment to the best you can get...

No, they are not 'doable' for everyone, for many reasons which has been discussed already in several threads, there are reasons why it's not.

DarkTergon
01.21.2021 , 04:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
Yeah, people would be surprised at how 'easy' these can be once you get down the pattern, because they largely rely on pattern recognition. I failed them over and over with subpar gear and while it was initially frustrating (after the first afternoon spent going at them), they became pretty easy. Have a Cybertech character on standby to craft 3 of the major max pieces, grind up just enough to purchase 3 others with comms and I believe is available with credits from the start. I'll quote myself from another thread:

except not every one here is 'Brenner'* , and can't recognise, or follow patterns, etc.

*https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2120120...=ttfc_fc_cl_t1

Deadbladey
01.21.2021 , 05:32 AM | #7
I've only managed to do 1 of them so far but not consistently. Also would be nice if JackieKo replied with some clarification on why the there is such a jump in skill requirement/difficulty between grade 5 and 7 missions and if they plan on changing it in future at all (grade 8 upgrades for instance).
Free stuff if you click this link and use my referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/StmHqq

Char Name: Deadley (Sith Empire) - Server: Darth Malgus

mike_carton
01.21.2021 , 08:14 AM | #8
This is the only reputation track that I didn't complete. Whatever little I do have is from those consumables that used to drop from the Command Crates; they removed those along with the companion gifts from the Renown Crates, so that was that.

These are labeled HEROIC but are obviously solo missions. They are also not consistent with most of the HEROIC missions in the game in terms of the difficulty level; they're much more difficult than HEROIC Star Fortress missions, for example.

Toning down these missions is not an unreasonable request in my opinion; it is very much similar to saying the new SoV flashpoint needs to be toned down in the Solo / Story modes. The other part is adding reputation rewards to lower level missions to help players progress on that front.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Deadbladey
01.21.2021 , 08:34 AM | #9
Doubt I'll get anything out of this at all... But please one thing we really need is that all the dailies gave the green rep tokens not just 1 of them
Free stuff if you click this link and use my referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/StmHqq

Char Name: Deadley (Sith Empire) - Server: Darth Malgus

Stradlin
01.21.2021 , 08:47 AM | #10
Is anyone else unable to get reputation tokens from space pve missions nowadays?
Is anyone else experiencing a weird situation where some of the space pve missions suddenly stop resetting on weekly basis?

See here for full description:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=988555

If you are experiencing anything like this, pls post about it @ bug report forums.