Don’t miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 – 17!

TaitWatson

I would like to point out, for players who may not realize this (I see this every occurrence of Double XP).

The "Monday" end of Double XP Weekend is deceiving! It ends on the first second of Monday (Pacific Time) meaning you really only have up to Sunday night at 11:59 PM (Pacific time).

i would like to point out, for players who may not realize this (i see this every occurrence of double xp).

the "monday" end of double xp weekend is deceiving! it ends on the first second of monday (pacific time) meaning you really only have up to sunday night at 11:59 pm (pacific time).

3 am est :) ... its still kind of Monday . I'M EST ..

Edited by tanktest

Advance at double the speed this weekend as you fight for the Empire or the Republic in exciting story missions, PvP Warzones and more!

Read More

Looking forward to it ..two at 40 + to 50 if not over 50 this weekend ... :) ..I love leveling to see how many i can get there in the few days you all give us. its fun . only issue i have is i have to many 55 and a lot of work i do with them each week , adding two more,, even more work .. not a complaint @@@@

Edited by tanktest

I would like to point out, for players who may not realize this (I see this every occurrence of Double XP).

The "Monday" end of Double XP Weekend is deceiving! It ends on the first second of Monday (Pacific Time) meaning you really only have up to Sunday night at 11:59 PM (Pacific time).

Correct.

it would be nice if they said 11:59pm in the announcement, like they did (on the same page) discussing when they would check Subscription status for the free speeder:

*TO QUALIFY FOR THE LUCKY-77 SWOOP, YOUR ACCOUNT MUST BE IN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION STATUS ON MARCH 17, 2014 AT 11:59PM PDT / MARCH 18, 2014 AT 6:59AM GMT.

:) Yay... but very upset. :mad: :mad:

For us in AEST time zone (Australiasia) - it starts 5am Sat, and ends 6pm Mon... which means we only get 2 prime times (sat night and sun night - it ends just before the monday prime time starts).

US and Europe get 3 prime times (fri night, sat night, sun night).

So thanks Bioware, not only do we get server maintenance in prime time every other tuesday, now we get jibbed on 1/3 of our double XP!!?!?!?!

And don't suggest that the whole 61 hrs is available - when you work full time and have a family, not all that time is available to play - evenings once kids are asleep is the time that is available, and AEST just got ripped off.

The total time for any special event (like this or gree/bountys) should ALWAYS be a multiple of 24 hrs so ALL time zones get an equal chance to participate. When it is not a multiple of 24 hrs, somewhere someone misses out... this time (again!) it is AEST.

Bioware, please adjust the finish time to be Monday, March 17, 2014 11AM PDT / 6PM GMT - 72 hours after it starts.

...or you could bring the start forward to capture our Friday night - either way, we should get 3 prime time evenings like everyone else, not 2.

Edited by Oxidsed

Don't know when it is, as usual BW match doesn't add up

STARTS: Friday, March 14, 2014, 11AM PDT / 6PM GMT

ENDS: Monday, March 17, 2014, 12AM PDT / 7AM GMT

So US get pretty much 3 days, EU gets 2.5?

The total time for any special event (like this or gree/bountys) should ALWAYS be a multiple of 24 hrs so ALL time zones get an equal chance to participate. When it is not a multiple of 24 hrs, somewhere someone misses out... this time (again!) it is AEST.

For events it used to start / end ON the weekly reset, so that's not the issue though I do agree. However with said events they moved the time to before the reset a few months ago, meaning some people can get more out of each event (like the tokens to buy special event gear).

And like mentioned above, as BW can't tell time very well (They get it wrong way more often than they get it right), making things last for a multitude of 24 hours does make it easier for them.

Edited by Lyshar

• Dev Post
Why is this: ?

Hey Dan_Loto,

You pose a good question, "Why is this?" and I have an interesting answer for you, it actually isn't :rak_03:.

There was a little bit of confusion when that copy was being written for the page. You will earn double experience for your character when you play Galactic Starfighter, that page has incorrect information on it and I am working on getting it removed.

What you will not get is double Requisition for your ship. That is why that line was there, although clearly it comes across the wrong way so we will get it removed. Again to reiterate, you will earn double experience when playing Galactic Starfighter, you will not earn double Requisition.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

-eric

Advance at double the speed this weekend as you fight for the Empire or the Republic in exciting story missions, PvP Warzones and more!

Read More

Don't suppose you happen to have a link to the post a dev (Eric, I believe) made during one of the last two events about how the XP was calculated during double XP weekends? I was searching the forums for it to provide an example to someone.

Darn, too bad that's this weekend. I'll be taking part in ESO's testing instead. :D

Same and I would miss it anyways I tend to stay away from xp boost weekends in any MMO's seem's to make the muppet's more active than normal,which normally results in 1 to many encounter's which never ends well. :rolleyes:

Edited by Avorniel

Hey Dan_Loto,

You pose a good question, "Why is this?" and I have an interesting answer for you, it actually isn't :rak_03:.

(...)

-eric

I'm happy now! My friend hasn't played TOR in awhile and he's coming back for the double xp this weekend, and I want to get him in a cockpit for the first time and watch him get vaped. :D

Don't bother, you'll just uninstall it after like 15mins anyways.

I've done over 50 hours so far on ESO, I'm not uninstalling it haha; I've had more fun there than in swtor the past 2+ years, and it felt like it was put together much better than swtor. Then there's the crafting, better environments, freedom, customization, etc. :cool:

Would have liked to have one of my alts gain a few levels this weekend in that I tend to PvP on with my fellow guildmates' lower alts, oh well, I have enough rested xp to last a very long time.

Edited by Eillack

Hey Dan_Loto,

<snip>

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

-eric

thanks for answering his question, but can you please comment on why this special event does is not running for a duration that is an exact multiple of 24hrs!!!??????

Why do some time zones get 3 prime time evening slots, and others only get 2?!?!?

Please explain... actually, please fix ;)

Hello, my name is OddballEasyEight, and I would like to point out to you that there is a world outside the continental united states of america.

Over here in europe where I live, for example, the event starts on friday at 7pm and ends on monday 8am.

So the event does last until monday.

For some of us.

Then again, for some others, the event doesn't even start on friday, it actually starts on saturday.

It's a big world out there my friend.

(also, legally they have to say that it ends on monday if it ends at midnight. Because then it's monday. If it ended at 11:59 pm saturday it would be ok to say saturday)