Final boss on The Foundry: Hard Mode

All goes good until around 50% he casts force storm then shortly after uses Force Lightning, one tick of the Force Lightning one shot our tank and did 67k damage to me(not a tank), so whats up with this? Is that right? We interrupt it instantly but the first tick of it gets through and one shots our tank anyway

well, call it enrage or not, when the boss just one shots people one by one the fight is over :p

Yea it's not enrage when he force lightening everyone for 20k damage though he can actually get enraged he just kills everyone before he has a chance to :p

Hmm, can't remember seeing any lightning, he just gets a "something something dark side" buff and just stabs us to death.

He channels it for like 1/10th of a second since that's all it takes to kill whoever he's on the second time we tried it our tank popped all of his cooldowns 5/10 seconds after force storm and managed to live the first tick of lightning before we interrupted it, then he did it on me for 66k and we wiped again

We tried this guy yesterday. Revan simply hits 50%, casts dark storm, then startrs casting force lightning and 1 shotting everyone.

Interrupting does nothing

Not interrupting does nothing

Outranging and LoSing does nothing

Survival cooldowns do nothing

BECAUSE IT HITS FOR 36K and is unavoidable. Bugged boss is bugged

I was somehow able to interrupt it the first time, but after the rock falling phase, he casted it again but interrupt didn't work. Seems to work 1 time out of 2... Sad to quit when you get the boss at about 10%... Edited by Torash

the force lightning is avoidable but that doesn't make the problem disappear. He will only cast FL 5-10 seconds after that aoe thing if you kite him longer then that, then he will proceed with his normal stuff then he goes into aoe storm again and then he will do it again...

For us it was a dps problem because outranging FL and then getting enough dps on him in the meantime doesn't work anymore.

Then it is enrage timer if it's around 35%. The enrage buff can sneak up on you when u least notice, especially if the boss one shot tank. Other wise do chain interrupt rotation. Things happen for a reason. Either bioware fix this or you need better dps.

Our group managed to get him down, with me (healer) and the tank still alive at the end. We wiped alot of times and tried different tactics on this boss to finally get him down with 2 man standing injured.

And then the funny part. As you've probably heard all over the forums - when you wipe at certain bosses a certain thing usually happens.

The boss-loot chest was BUGGED (couldnt be looted).

Figures.

Edited by ballaballa

my group couldnt do him, he simply one-shotted the tank at 30%. no enrage, no storm, no rocks, nothing. Just bam, oneshot. (no combat log either to check what it was)

Seems bugged, either enrage buff doesnt show (in which case, RLY short enrage timer), or there's another mechanic thats bugged. Gear can't be the issue (i tanked all of EV and Karagga's and we killed all bosses except SOA and bonecrusher).

Then it is enrage timer if it's around 35%. The enrage buff can sneak up on you when u least notice, especially if the boss one shot tank. Other wise do chain interrupt rotation. Things happen for a reason. Either bioware fix this or you need better dps.

No they need to fix this, better dps lol its a Flashpoint and even Raid Gear People have problems with this Boss. Its bugged.

I think its the Force lighnting thats bugged, normally he would do 60k dmg over 3-5 ? seconds with this but he cast it instantly.

Edited by Moran

To check enrage, there is a red portrait next to the regular blue and yellow portrait buff. It sneaks up on you. The boss doesn't turn red or anything, you just die really fast. If it's around 30%, meaning you lack dps. If it's bugged, you'll die within the first min of encounter, not after you get it to 30% after a series of same mechanic. (especially if you didn't even come anywhere close to the lightning, rock throwing phase).