EU Maintenance Time Campaign

JonDemo

This is a campaign to get European Servers Maintained during the early hours of the morning in Europe.

Why should European players have to suffer 4 or more hours of playtime interruption during the European afternoon. Upcoming server maintenance for SWTOR includes all servers and will affect them between 4-10am CST. This is 1-5pm CET. Which means scores of European players on holiday will have their peak play time interrupted.

As the servers are designated to a region, why not employ regional maintenance. There are two benefits to this.

- firstly the European and Asian players don't feel like second hand community members, slaves to US policy :rolleyes:

- secondly maintenance issues that are potentially damaging would only affect a block of servers at a time.

Sign this petition if you want to play SW during the European afternoons.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly do feel like a second class player. In some respects they probably try to make things convenient for all but then again, in many cases they don't seem to acknowledge things work differently in other parts of the world.

1. As simple thing as the in-game clock: Could we have an option to have a 24 h clock?

2. Beta servers were mostly German or French.

3. No specific servers for specific nationalities, which forced many guilds to move, and in the end some known English speaking servers became overcrowded. This phenomenon isn't nothing new, they should've prepared for it.

4. Account activation: Only those with credit cards could continue to use those 30 FREE days they were promised, others had to pay for 60 extra days even if they didn't know if they want to continue playing or not - or at least if they want to take a break after the first month. Very US centric to believe everyone in Europe needs a credit card.

5. Would be nice if they announced service breaks so that everyone could understand when they are. Sure, I can check some world clock but as a customer, is it really my job to do that?

I completely agree. /sign

We shouldn't even be talking about this, different regions require different maintenance downtimes, otherwise you alienate all the players outside the US time zone.

Seriously, Bioware. You should've known better!

Also agree completely with the opening post. If it is possible please have separate maintenance per region. I recall reading a Bioware Post saying that they would like to have maintenance during off peak hours for both EU and NA servers.

/Signed

I 100% agree with this. The day after Xmas is a national holiday in the UK, because Xmas fell on a Sunday, we get the next day off work as Xmas (the 26th) and since this should've been boxing day, we get the day after off (the 27th) for boxing day instead.

So people like me and my brother, who are off work and were planning to play all day before he goes back to work, have been screwed out of playing time by Bioware. Sort this rubbish out, why should we have less play time than the US? And do some research before you claim to do maintenance when people are at work etc, Bioware, if you did you'll have learned that today is a national holiday in the UK.

In case some american players look at this and feel like asking why we complain..

4am-10am CST is 10am-4pm GMT..

And here over the holidays, it's probably the time when most people are playing.. It's certainly when the queues are long!

EA/BW have taken the time to separate EU and US servers... Now all they need to do is separate the maintenance schedules..

An added bonus to this.. They'll notice problems with the patch before it gets released to the US servers, meaning US players won't have to deal with bad updates..

So please.. Give us nighttime/early morning maintenance instead of afternoon maintenance!