"Stun Wars"

ZerekPhoenix

I read a post earlier and an individual summed it up perfectly with the term "Stun Wars". Priceless!

It's most unfortunate when the community mocks the name of something so precious to us (although as it stands it is now quite relevant) - hopefully Bioware will acknowledge the communities expressed concern for the perpetual stun game and act on it.

the current state of stuns in the game were an indirect way to nerf warrior/knights with out effecting their damage output in pve.

You all QQed about it for the last 6 months... Well this is what we got.

The current state of stuns has plagued this game since beta. It only became WORSE in 1.4 when Bioware obviously tried to frustrate the last remaining PvPers. It's a **EDIT**ing joke!

They have made it quite clear things are "working as intended". So when you literally go from stun, to stun to knockback, to knockdown to dead without being able to do a single thing in return - remember it was intended that way.

I think it is like a dream come true.

And by "dream" I mean one of those dreams where you are trying to run towards or away from something, and it's like you're running through quicksand. Where even though there is no discernable obstacle, you just feel like you are running place. And then you die. (Or respawn as the case may be)

the current state of stuns in the game were an indirect way to nerf warrior/knights with out effecting their damage output in pve.

You all QQed about it for the last 6 months... Well this is what we got.

Because qq about warrior dps clearly could only have resulted in breaking the resolve system and buffing rage spec.

I enjoy the cc in the game and love stopping my opponents from doing anything It's called tactics

I get the feeling a lot of people Crying over cc idea of pvp is just standing their whacking each other until your hp is gone

No, I think most people understand the idea of tactics, and the "tactical advantage" implicit in limiting your opponent's mobility in an objective based warzone, where quick transition between locations often translates to victory.

I think their contention is that spending a lot of time standing still not doing stuff, is less enjoyable than moving around and doing stuff. It's called fun.

The problem is twofold. First, there are too many "Alpha" CC abilities (stuns and knockdowns. In other words, any ability which takes full control away from the player, and which does not break on damage.) Second, the Resolve system doesn't actually prevent stun locking, it only reduces the amount of time one player can be stun locked (which is oftentimes still long enough to see them dead, which means Resolve is not only overly complicated, but it's not working. That's a losing combination.)

The solution is also twofold. First, reduce the number of Alpha CC available to each class. Not every class should have a 4 second stun, for starters. These abilities should be taken away from most classes (not all classes; stuns still have a place in the game) and replaced by other forms of "lesser" CC, like snares, disarms/silences, attack/healing debuffs (among others) or at the very least, reduce them to mesmerizes, or "stasis" abilities (stasis abilities stun the opponent, but also grant the affected player immunity to incoming damage.)

Second, streamline the Resolve system into a simple CC immunity system. If you are hit with an "Alpha" CC, you become immune to further Alpha CC for x seconds, starting as soon as the original CC wears off. Simple, and effective.

Offer no CC immunity from lesser crowd control abilities. This allows a coordinated team to "chain" lesser crowd control abilities together in order to gain a tactical advantage. They can even "mez-lock" other players, but of course since that breaks on damage (or in the case of stasis, grants damage immunity) they will not be able to "mez-lock to death," which is the real issue with stun-locking.

-Macheath.