Patch + Nightmare SV

Ansalem

you guys seem to be missing what I'm saying. I'm saying advanced notice of the change on date would have saved people a lot of trouble. Its one thing to say dates are subject to change its another thing to wait until less than 24 hours before their listed release date and then say the schedule is changed. A weeks notice goes a long way and since eric's response admits that they were planning on delaying the release by a day because of the holiday that is where my frustration comes from. No communication on the change until less than 24 hrs. BW left some of the hardcore gang that changed their schedules out to dry and didnt bother to give us a heads up on the change until it was too late

Blizzard kisses hardcore raider's butts because they consider them so valuable in tuning difficulty during the PTR process. You get precise times and dates for encounters, and an accurate schedule of timeframes when major raids, wings and difficulties go live or unlock, and any changes are communicated instantly to the players in question.

I understand what you'd like, but it's unrealistic to expect the same treatment from this game's staff. BTW, how many seperate progression groups do you run? You never answered.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50th person/group obviously lacks the dedication to be the best. It takes dedication to get the firsts. As for priorities they are just fine. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, but you have to be aware that hardcore endgame guilds schedule their time in advance and do not like it wasted.

yet you chose to skip a boss! Funny how arguments work!

50th person/group obviously lacks the dedication to be the best. It takes dedication to get the firsts. As for priorities they are just fine. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, but you have to be aware that hardcore endgame guilds schedule their time in advance and do not like it wasted.

You know what.... it's people like YOU that make me glad to be a Care-bearing, PVE player who is here for the story. The only reason you want "the firsts" is so you can stroke your E-Peen on the internet.

Hey guys,

Due to the 4th of July we planned to push maintenance back by a day, I apologize for not putting that on the forums earlier. We are currently targeting 2.2.2 to hit on Wednesday morning with our maintenance. Amber will be posting maintenance messaging a bit later on today.

I will let you know if anything changes!

-eric

That would mean PTS maintanence is pushed back as well, correct?

Hardcore end game progression guilds will alter their schedules around new content release. And yes eventhough this isnt technically new it it a new mode. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, but you do have to realize guilds do it. Just because you aren't on that level doesn't mean others don't strive to be the best or close to it.

You can be the best on Tuesday after work just as easily as you can be the best on Wednesday after work. Server firsts mean nothing in this game. If it were EQ and you had to be on for boss spawns or you miss out then Id understand. If you were playing EQ2 and world first gave you a unique one time drop only... then I would understand. There is no reason to do it here.

Patch times change. You don't have to like it, but you do have to realize that it happens.

Edited by Soluss

Server first doesn't equal the best. If the server first team wiped 50 times during the clear and another guild comes in the next day and one shots everything... then who is really the best?

I'm with the OP on this. There was no information at all concerning 2.2.2 deployment.

I'm not interested in hardcore progress raiding. But I know that it's a different feeling to be (one of) the first to climb a mountain than to be the 50th. And his flight to the new mountain was just cancelled without notice.

You can be the best on Tuesday after work just as easily as you can be the best on Wednesday after work. Server firsts mean nothing in this game. If it were EQ and you had to be on for boss spawns or you miss out then Id understand. If you were playing EQ2 and world first gave you a unique one time drop only... then I would understand. There is no reason to do it here.

Patch times change. You don't have to like it, but you do have to realize that it happens.

Not talking about after work talking about first thing when servers come up. And you missed the entire issue. Issue was them waiting until less than 24 hours before their posted time to say there would be a delay when they knew before the 4th that it would be delayed. It doesnt matter what game it is a first is a first and Im not talking server firsts Im talking world. Games change, but the ability to claim world firsts dont. You dont have to like it, but you do have to realize that world firsts still matter:P

Server first doesn't equal the best. If the server first team wiped 50 times during the clear and another guild comes in the next day and one shots everything... then who is really the best?

No one is talking about server firsts we are talking world firsts. First kill matters welcome to mmos

No one is talking about server firsts we are talking world firsts. First kill matters welcome to mmos

Ah epeen contests, has to be the largest reason as to why I'd never dedicate myself to becoming a true hardcore raider. Well that and the fact I kinda enjoy not living, breathing, eating...defecating(?) An MMO?

I may not have to like it. I may not have to something something, but I have to realize people do it. Wellp, you may not like it, your defintely not going to enjoy it. But you have to realize I enjoy getting a couple of laughs off at the expense of HardCore raiders.

Edited by WillCaedes

It is amazing the amount of disdain people have for anyone trying to be competitive in this game. So anyone going for a world first is just trying to stroke their epeen? Sorry, but there's more to it than that.

Guilds going for a world first are playing this game to be competitive. If there was no competition, then many players would quit this game. Competition drives a lot of things in the world, not just games. There is nothing wrong with it.

Just because YOU don't play this game for the competitiveness doesn't mean that anyone who does is a loser.

I agree with Ansalem. BW screwed over the competitive raiders here. Maybe they just thought no one would care enough about their own game to actually take time off and schedule for world firsts?

Not talking about after work talking about first thing when servers come up. And you missed the entire issue. Issue was them waiting until less than 24 hours before their posted time to say there would be a delay when they knew before the 4th that it would be delayed. It doesnt matter what game it is a first is a first and Im not talking server firsts Im talking world. Games change, but the ability to claim world firsts dont. You dont have to like it, but you do have to realize that world firsts still matter:P

In some games, I would agree with you. World firsts, in this game, just don't matter. Maybe 1 or 2 % of the population care about getting world firsts/care about others that get world firsts. In other games it matters because you might get something unique for doing so or you might ********* others from having a shot at killing the boss ever.

Its your business if people take off of work to get a world first in this game. I think its silly, therefor I think your complaint is silly.

Edited by Soluss

It is amazing the amount of disdain people have for anyone trying to be competitive in this game. So anyone going for a world first is just trying to stroke their epeen? Sorry, but there's more to it than that.

Guilds going for a world first are playing this game to be competitive. If there was no competition, then many players would quit this game. Competition drives a lot of things in the world, not just games. There is nothing wrong with it.

Just because YOU don't play this game for the competitiveness doesn't mean that anyone who does is a loser.

I agree with Ansalem. BW screwed over the competitive raiders here. Maybe they just thought no one would care enough about their own game to actually take time off and schedule for world firsts?

This guy gets it.

@Solus world firsts still matter and still drive the hardcore raiding guilds that remain in swtor. And in some cases you do end up getting something first whether it be a title for doing a timed run or a mount or even a pet. It still matters it just apparently doesn't matter to you in this game.

People had called in and gotten a day off in advance so they are missing out on RL money because they were expecting this to be released when BW posted the date. If BW had posted before the holiday since they obviously knew there would be a delay in advance then those people could have switched their day off. So now they either miss out on tues and have to wait a day and start later than expected or they get to try to get a 2nd day off missing out on more money. A simple heads up by BW would have been greatly appreciated.

People seriously take time off of work to RAID??????? Anyone else thinks that's just stupid? I mean come on, it's just a game! I mean really......

And as for them missing work and losing money, that's their choice....if you want to be stupid enough to take another sick day and lose the money in order to raid when it first's comes out, that's on you and not on BW.....:rak_04:

This guy gets it.

@Solus world firsts still matter and still drive the hardcore raiding guilds that remain in swtor. And in some cases you do end up getting something first whether it be a title for doing a timed run or a mount or even a pet. It still matters it just apparently doesn't matter to you in this game.

You are right, they might matter to the 5 or 10 guilds that are into world firsts but they don't to me. Its not so much my playstyle as it is the game design. If there was a reason, other then haha I called off work and we killed the boss first, to get a world first, then it might matter to me.

The thing is though, hardcore guilds are not screwed because everyone of you is in the same boat. Now, if they released the content to one server a day before the other, you might have a valid complaint. I honestly don't have any sympathy for people that take off of work, to get a world first, in a game it just doesn't matter in. I haven't seen any unique titles saying "We killed it first evah".

This is ******** BW! Some people like me take the day off to enjoy the new content, but once again you guys **** it up...... there was no way to foresee this "holiday weekend push back"? You guys suck at making this game and keeping to deadlines!!!!

Thank you for the continued ********!

You took a day off.... for a game.... A GAME! If a game is more important to you then a job, then you need to reexamine your life.

So, sometimes people take off of work to go golfing or bowling league, and they are both just games. You can't participate in "progressions" or whatever your fancy if you don't show up or make an effort to be there. We've paid a lot of money in cartel packs and subs and expect professionalism. Just a game or not, it's something lots of people plan around.

Taking off from work, or scheduling around a content release, is not something we have done more than a couple times since we have been playing this game. Casually checking off a calendar date a month in advance is not HARDCORE ZOMG RAIDER NO LIFER LOSERZ lewlewlewl. But the very abrupt delays is frustrating and rather pitiful. The whole point of releasing Nightmare content is for raiders to tackle as a challenge. Part of that challenge is logistics and RL planning for those of us that have full-time jobs and familial obligations.

People that are trying to make this a topic of SWTOR raid design worthiness are in the wrong thread.

Taking off from work, or scheduling around a content release, is not something we have done more than a couple times since we have been playing this game. Casually checking off a calendar date a month in advance is not HARDCORE ZOMG RAIDER NO LIFER LOSERZ lewlewlewl. But the very abrupt delays is frustrating and rather pitiful. The whole point of releasing Nightmare content is for raiders to tackle as a challenge. Part of that challenge is logistics and RL planning for those of us that have full-time jobs and familial obligations.

People that are trying to make this a topic of SWTOR raid design worthiness are in the wrong thread.

Maybe World Firsts etc should be done by lockout period. You guys might clear the entire raid before some of us on the other side of the world even get an attempt because of the time zones. It makes no sense to take time off work when you know that there is a likelihood it could get bumped. Just accept that everyone that got it done in week 1 was equivalent and these issues that you are imposing on yourself disappear.

The main point OP was making was that BW is not keeping up to their end of the bargain, which is to be more communicative with their players.

Just because it's NiM that's being released and not something else, ofc the Hardcore PvE'ers are going to be frustrated.

Imagine if it's something to do with PvP, that's about classbalance or e/e that suddenly got thrown off schedule. Then there would be 100pages of whine.

It's not about some guy/guild who took a day off to play a videogame.

We're all here playing the same videogame, so stop knocking someones view of it.

I get and am with 100% that Ansalem wants to be in the top. If this game didn't have any of the really hardcore guilds, both PvE, PvP AND RP, then there's no way BW could even keep releasing contentpatches this fast.

It's because of them that the game is still going.

People's lack of response is what's killing an MMO. If no-one cares what the dev's are up or if they're missing set dates for releases, then there's no point in keeping deadlines or even having a messageboard.

In the end, we'd all be very angry if the game we all enjoy to play, to our own extent, would be neglected by the developers because there wasn't any sort of response to what was happening to game from us players.

If we don't show that us players actually care, then what's the point?

GL with S&V NiM Ansalem!

I guess some people want to be the first to complete a new raid, so they can be the first ones to be bored again and complain about the lack of content in the game.

As far as the patch is concerned, the maintenance has been delayed. To me that means they are still working to get some things done. I would think that makes it rather tricky to post patch notes if you're not sure it's all gonna make it in or not.

You took a day off.... for a game.... A GAME! If a game is more important to you then a job, then you need to reexamine your life.

I could say the same thing about you. You care more about a job then a fun game that lets people work together to achieve something together in an awesome universe?

I know I can't wait to go to work and achieve nothing that really matters in the grand scope of things and get a check.

you guys seem to be missing what I'm saying. I'm saying advanced notice of the change on date would have saved people a lot of trouble. Its one thing to say dates are subject to change its another thing to wait until less than 24 hours before their listed release date and then say the schedule is changed. A weeks notice goes a long way and since eric's response admits that they were planning on delaying the release by a day because of the holiday that is where my frustration comes from. No communication on the change until less than 24 hrs. BW left some of the hardcore gang that changed their schedules out to dry and didnt bother to give us a heads up on the change until it was too late

No YOU aren't getting what we are saying. It's people like you that make it harder for everyone else to get information from the devs. Everyone is clamoring for information on this game and when they give it to us with a disclaimer saying "this is subject to change" and then GASP it changes, we get the entitled people screaming "Stay Classy Bioware". If I were EA/Bioware I wouldn't release information early at all ever again. Now plan your schedule around them apples.