The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Seattle

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah got my weekends mixed up so ya oh well. Im going try and be there.

No problem, just wanted to let you know you had a chance to make it up there to The Garage for the cantina tour since you would be around for it :)

I will be there, even though it looks like my friend I was gonna go with cant get off work till later solo it is!

That said, I think any PvP focused player should help make a point that class balance changes cannot wait till a patch or 2 after arenas are released.

This is a huge mistake and is a major perception problem. With the way the PTS has gone half of the players feel like if they arent a Jug tank, OP healer, Mara DPS or cant find a niche comp they cant compete in arenas. The perception needs to be the exact opposite for Arenas to flourish with no cross server matching.

However waiting on balance changes still leaves the same perception that X,Y,Z are the strongest classes by far and its hard to argue unless you wear rose colored glasses, that this isnt the case as one team of Jug, 2 x Rage Mara, Op healer are like 106-4 or something like that. Its clear which classes are too strong its not just a community perception problem.

Making small balance changes can help open the doors to arena's, without this you are creating an arena system that will have the RWZ teams playing it on the FoTM classes and that is it. Bad move and I implore you guys to really think about the communities current perception of class balance and what can be done to help. I would say there almost isnt anything more important then this if arenas are to succeed.

Its important this is understood, I want people to stay with the game and more to join however if with the removal of RWZs and then NO class balance changes and arenas released it will alienate a section of the PvP player base that isnt playing a FoTM class and if they cant get an arena team, even though they could be covered for in 8v8 they wont be able to be in Arenas, they will leave. Word will spread unless you play X, Y, Z new players wont return and soon with no cross server queues grow stale.

Crap, I just realized that the Huskies home opener against Boise State is going to be at the same time. :( I've already committed to going to this event with a few friends, does anyone know if the Garage has TVs and if they'll likely be showing the game?

Taken from the Garage's webpage;

We have private rooms that will accommodate groups of 60 (Mezzanine), 100 (Echo Room) , and 150 (Spare Room). We also have larger spaces that can be made private for 300 (Star Lounge or Billiards Hall) along with the ability to do combinations of spaces for groups of 400, 600, 700 and 1000.

Any word on what the capacity will be for this event? I'm guessing they need advance warning to expand and set up for larger groups, so I doubt it will be flexible, although I could be wrong. Currently there are 544 going on their Facebook page, and 82 maybe.

Taken from the Garage's webpage;

Any word on what the capacity will be for this event? I'm guessing they need advance warning to expand and set up for larger groups, so I doubt it will be flexible, although I could be wrong. Currently there are 544 going on their Facebook page, and 82 maybe.

All they need to do is Book to Full and they should be fine :p

It's now 9PM and they have asked the first people who got in to leave and they will let another 150 people in. There are still people lined up outside. They really needed a bigger venue. I stood in line for an hour for a pet, a Flash drive, and some inane Q&A (more playable species are expensive but possible, more class story is not on the radar). It could have been a really cool event if we had more time to socialize.

It was cool it was just too bad we only got 50 mins then had to file out and get back in line. The Q&A wasn't their fault the question were just stuff some of us could've answered. With Pax being here it added to the turn out and the Garage has to avid by their fire codes. There were a couple guys there just for the free drink ticket as well they were hoping to any event that didn't require a Pax badge to get free drinks.

Over all met some cool people a few from the Bastion it was a good time would've been better without the boot and rewait in line.

I will saw that's not how I pictured Eric but Courtney was close.

I have been standing in line since 7PM and now it's being said that only the first 150 people get in. There are over 580 people who RSVP'd on Facebook. I don't think I am going to get in. :(

I gotta call you on that,reason being is that at 7PM there was at best 25 people there,i know i was one.