Pointers on Kephess HM

Our guild took down Kephess in HM 8 man for the first time last night. That fight is intense and we struggled on it for a long time.

Would love any pointers or feedback on the fight (video posted below).

There are a few obvious ones: second healer dying early and boxing ourselves in with purple circles.

Appreciate any guidance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agw_UsRPtcU

Looks good for the most part. You messed up the last taunt which is why Heizenberg was killed (taunted after he put touch on the tank, but before he cast breath so Kephess turned around and one hit him) but at that point he was already dead so it worked out.

As to your healer dieing near the start.. only thing I can say there is to throw a bubble on anyone not at full health when the bombadier is about to come out. They have a tendency to hurt.

Looked pretty good to me.

That's me healing. Go easy on me. That's my alt so I didn't have ally key bindings set up so had to click a few things. But being that it is an alt, constructive criticism is welcome!!!

Just because it's an alt does not grant a free pass to have excuses to be bad. Alts are alternate toons from your main toon not alts from a skill point of view. if you have ro clarify that it is an alt and to not critique harshly so feelings arent hurt then you probably shouldnt do kep hm. The best feedback does not come with concerns for ones feelings but a yet a person who doesnt care about your feelings, just making you better. But since you beat kep hm i would say your begging to not get critiqued harshly should bot even exist. Merely you should want to get ripped on so you can improve further. Just wanted to clarify that. Other than that seems decent. Obviously key binding those last few things will help a lot more especially on kep where timing is key to downing him. GJ.

Just because it's an alt does not grant a free pass to have excuses to be bad. Alts are alternate toons from your main toon not alts from a skill point of view. if you have ro clarify that it is an alt and to not critique harshly so feelings arent hurt then you probably shouldnt do kep hm. The best feedback does not come with concerns for ones feelings but a yet a person who doesnt care about your feelings, just making you better. But since you beat kep hm i would say your begging to not get critiqued harshly should bot even exist. Merely you should want to get ripped on so you can improve further. Just wanted to clarify that. Other than that seems decent. Obviously key binding those last few things will help a lot more especially on kep where timing is key to downing him. GJ.

<crying> deleting character now

:) no I hear ya. I don't play the toon often and have a total of 3 black hole pieces on him.

I only came in to heal that( was on my sentinel b4) because our other healer wasn't on. Hardest thing I've done on him is kp NiM so I'm no too experienced with him. What I was wondering is if I did okay with my force. I let it get lower than normal at times because there are stages in the other that aren't too intensive and you can regen it then( pulsar droids and when the walker is down) so how I'd I do with that part of it?

You obviously know what you're doing healing. You have way less gear than me and are a bit of a clicker, but still kept everyone alive.

We do our positioning differently throughout the but I guess you found what works for you. I pretty much figure out who is going to take damage where and have shields up so that I have to do the minimum amount of healing possible and can contribute dps on early bombs and walker burn phases.

We do the reflect shield packs differently. Basically we hug the walker's legs and a few seconds after each pack pack spawns and starts running towards the nearest person with aggro, a tank (standing behind the group) jumps at the warrior and drags him away so we can aoe first. We have to stay in the diagonal area until the the third pack and then we move into the center.

On the pulsar droids, I shield all the melee as the walker is standing up and then the main tank stands off on his own against a wall between the droids. They snipe the furthest person so he tanks all the damage.

For the big purple aoe in the final phase we always run towards the door and aoe heal up.

I really really like the way you do the final 60%. I'm going to steal that. You keep him on one wall and each tank taunts during the cast and puts the circles along their own side. Any tips to reproduce that? We had a lot of trouble with that phase.

One trick that someone in our guild found is using healer aggro to separate the Trenchgutters from the Warriors. Put the raid in the corner behind the walker, and HoTs will draw the Trenchgutters to you. Have one DPS out in the open pick up the Warrior by attacking it (we used a Gunslinger, the video we learned from used a Sentinel) and the rest of the raid is free to AOE down the Trenchgutters. No taunts or complicated targeting required. We've gotten in the habit of doing this on storymode, too...the adds are down so fast there's a LONG wait between waves.

We use about twice as much of the arena for the purple circles, and I drop them pretty tightly, so we don't have nearly the space problems you did.

Looked pretty good to me only 2 suggestions at the 5:24 mark in the video your tank gets a dot(which is applied everytime kephess comes down in that red circle) he can use force shroud(Imp term) to avoid but if he ends up taking the dot i would advise a tank switch the gaurdian also has an ability that can avoid this dot not sure of the name tho

And at the 7:10 mark in the video(it looks like you guys were planning on doing it) if you go another 10 meters to your left behind the wall(LOS) when he sucks you guys in you wont get pulled to him we normally announce at 70% to be prepared and at 62% melee starts heading back

i linked our video to show you about the LoS thing its at 7:00 into the video

Good Job tho and good luck next time

Edit: Also note where all our rDPS is standing.. for what ever reason you dont take any dmg there when the Walker burns up the ground

Edited by wetslampigduex

:rak_02:

Looked pretty good to me only 2 suggestions at the 5:24 mark in the video your tank gets a dot(which is applied everytime kephess comes down in that red circle) he can use force shroud(Imp term) to avoid but if he ends up taking the dot i would advise a tank switch the gaurdian also has an ability that can avoid this dot not sure of the name tho

And at the 7:10 mark in the video(it looks like you guys were planning on doing it) if you go another 10 meters to your left behind the wall(LOS) when he sucks you guys in you wont get pulled to him we normally announce at 70% to be prepared and at 62% melee starts heading back

i linked our video to show you about the LoS thing its at 7:00 into the video

Good Job tho and good luck next time

Edit: Also note where all our rDPS is standing.. for what ever reason you dont take any dmg there when the Walker burns up the ground

It didn't occur to me to try an cleanse the dot. Is it cleanse able from a sage or sorcerer? Yea it works where we were standing as well (los) we just have to be pressed up agains the wall so he doesnt pull us over it. Tank positioned a little to far during that stage so I had poor position for the pull. At 62% I bubbled heals and tanks just for good measure and fortunately I did or commandon't would have died there.

Edit: love your music. It cracked me up! Doing this intense fight (for us anyways) to elevator music! ;)

Love it

Edited by sphyg

As to your healer dieing near the start.. only thing I can say there is to throw a bubble on anyone not at full health when the bombadier is about to come out. They have a tendency to hurt.

They can be stunned so rolling out 3-4 stun in a row should negate everything he does.

It didn't occur to me to try an cleanse the dot. Is it cleanse able from a sage or sorcerer? Yea it works where we were standing as well (los) we just have to be pressed up agains the wall so he doesnt pull us over it. Tank positioned a little to far during that stage so I had poor position for the pull. At 62% I bubbled heals and tanks just for good measure and fortunately I did or commandon't would have died there.

No it cant be cleansed, it is something the tanks themselves do b4 it is applied

The shadow has an ability to take no tech/force dmg for like 3-5 seconds(its called force shroud on the Imp side not sure about the Pubs)

They can be stunned so rolling out 3-4 stun in a row should negate everything he does.

they can also be taunted by the tank.. i think the reason he died is kephess sniped him.. our merc healer always puts it kolto shell(or w/e its called he calls is poop shield) on himself b/c he kept dying at the same place every attempt

they can also be taunted by the tank.. i think the reason he died is kephess sniped him.. our merc healer always puts it kolto shell(or w/e its called he calls is poop shield) on himself b/c he kept dying at the same place every attempt

I usually run out to the center as the group is finishing off last add in whatever phase and throw an electrocute (ranged stun) on the bomber as he spawns. Someone usually takes a hit anyway but we have enough time to heal through it between that and force chokes.

Edited by Bonesmello

Looks good for the most part. You messed up the last taunt which is why Heizenberg was killed (taunted after he put touch on the tank, but before he cast breath so Kephess turned around and one hit him) but at that point he was already dead so it worked out.

Looked pretty good to me.

Could you expan on the taunt a little more. He taunts before breath I fully castes correct?

Thanks for the great feedback, ya'll. I think the Force Shroud equivalent is Resilience for shadows, so we'll add that in.

Hopefully we'll continue to tweak things a bit. Now we just need some luck on RE'ing some hilts and armorings :)

:rak_02:

Edit: love your music. It cracked me up! Doing this intense fight (for us anyways) to elevator music! ;)

Love it

i thought i posted this once but i dont see it now .... you can not cleanse the dot the tank can stop it from being applied by using an ability he has(force shroud for shadow and saber ward for the guardian(those are Imp terms not sure what they are called on Pub side))

i thought i posted this once but i dont see it now .... you can not cleanse the dot the tank can stop it from being applied by using an ability he has(force shroud for shadow and saber ward for the guardian(those are Imp terms not sure what they are called on Pub side))

Post #13. 😉