Weapon's special effects disappear after using certain actions/skills

Alduinsm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your follow up posts! In doing a bit more internal research and talking to our /bug guru, I've located a far more general bug that's in line with what the rest of you are reporting: that this is an issue with Lightsabers with effects when using specific abilities. My original find was for something different, and I apologize for being mistaken!

We're looking at getting this fixed in a patch after Game Update 2.3.

I'm sorry this was missed! It will happen from time to time, and I appreciate the link. To keep all of the info and communication in one place, your thread's been merged into this one and has taken over the title. :)

:ph_thank_you:

and BAM

This hasn't been forgotten; unfortunately, it will not be in the next patch. I'll be sure to let you know when we're able to get it fixed and scheduled for deploy. Thanks for your understanding.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seasonal bump inc.

Seriously... at least let us know if it's still on your known issues list, or if you already gave up fixing it.

How about letting your CM department fix all those countless broken and bugged CM items first, before you continuously release dozens of reskinned armors and mounts that no one wants or needs?

Ok... *calms down* I'll try it the nice way again.

Since this thread has grown a bit over the last year *sigh*, it might have become a bit difficult to filter out the useful informations, so here's a quick summary about this bug:

Weapons that have some kind of special effect attached to them (e.g. a HUD or laser pointer), loose this effect whenever the player uses or gets affected by an ability that hides the weapon skin for a short moment (e.g. Overload ability on Sorcerer, Backstab on Operatives or enemy CCs like SOA's whirlwind). The special effect is gone until you sheathe and unsheathe the weapon again.

These are the weapons where I know for sure that they are affected by this bug:

- Tythonian Force-Master’s Lightsaber

- Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle

- Black Nebula Heavy Blaster

- Hyperstorm Heavy Cannon

- DLA-13 Heavy Blaster Rifle

- Tac-HUD Heavy Sniper Rifle

- Balmorran Hand Cannon Grek

- Balmorran Hand Cannon Besh

- Grey Helix Lightsaber and Saberstaff

- Grey Helix Auto-Cannon

This is NOT a complete list. There are a lot more weapons where i'm not entirely sure if they're bugged and i don't own all of these weapons for further testing.

These are weapons that are definitely NOT bugged:

- Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber and Saberstaff

- Energized Conqueror’s Lightsaber and Saberstaff

I hope this kind of information will finally break the silence and will result in some sort of fix.

In theory, all you have to do is to compare the code from the non-bugged weapons with the bugged weapons and search for differences to find the cause.

That's a lot of things people paid real money for... why no fix?

Yeah I have notice gray helix lightsaber on my guardian doesn't have the effect after leap or entering combat. But after unsheathing and sheathing it is back until i start fighting again then it disappears. I know you guys are working on it I just wanted to say where i found the issue.

• 4 months later...

Can confirm that this bug or a similar one definitely happens for the Gray Helix Lightsaber, the Cathar Honor Sword, the Furious Lightsaber (ranked pvp season 2 reward), Ziost Guardian's Lightsaber, the Volatile Conqueror's Lightsaber (glow from base of blade, not the pulsing effect), and others.

Maybe I am weird, but I find myself unwilling to use weapons with these bugs for very long, because I find the bug so distracting. It is a massive shame, because I would use many of the sabers with effects much more often otherwise.

• 1 month later...
Hi there MasterofChaos,

We have seen some reports via /bug (maybe even yours!) of this and we're still investigating. Thanks for the report!

For anyone who has this happen to them when using the Gray Helix Lightsaber, can you please be sure to post which abilities (such as above), but also which Color Crystal and mods you have equipped?

:ph_cheers:

Hello, still happening ¬¬ i don't know which abilities but probably many of them because it happens every battle.

Also i have blood red hawkeye crystal.

edit: It's not the blade that is not straight, its the hilt that is a bit inclined on the wearers hand, i think thats it, so depending on who is wearing it may appear or not, not sure about it though. And the blade effect disappears when i switch companions, will test on combat skills.

Edited by James_Mcturney

• 3 weeks later...

You're fixing the freaking bug with special effects on the Energized Triumvirate and Dynamic Brawler armor sets within a few weeks, but the bugged weapon special effects on these weapons are still broken after more than 2 years?!

You're so lousy, Bioware... :mad:

Edited by Sindariel

• 1 month later...
You're fixing the freaking bug with special effects on the Energized Triumvirate and Dynamic Brawler armor sets within a few weeks, but the bugged weapon special effects on these weapons are still broken after more than 2 years?!

You're so lousy, Bioware... :mad:

=/////// yeh i tried reinstalling after someone told me the bug didnt happen to them, but meh, it still does to everyone with everything that triggers it, 100% of the time.

Can't use my: volatile conqueror (at least one of the effects persist) + gray helix lightsaber AND my kingpin saber kinda sucks with some crystals (still usable, also the only ones i can use lol), since the blade can go from very beautiful and thin to very large and horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is this one broken as well? I don't want to get hosed yet again if I buy one of these.

I haven't even checked again but i know 100% sure it still is broken, gray helix lightsaber loses its effect after being thrown, or any skill/animation that makes it disappear briefly.

For some reason the saber staff is working fine.

Sniper rifle also loses its effect, good thing the sniper has 0 skillls (not 100% sure) that make it disappear while in combat. Not sure about the blaster rifle / pistol, but will test each with the respective classes and bring the results.

*Just got the gree tokens to test it all. =)

Edited by James_Mcturney

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't even checked again but i know 100% sure it still is broken, gray helix lightsaber loses its effect after being thrown, or any skill/animation that makes it disappear briefly.

For some reason the saber staff is working fine.

Sniper rifle also loses its effect, good thing the sniper has 0 skillls (not 100% sure) that make it disappear while in combat. Not sure about the blaster rifle / pistol, but will test each with the respective classes and bring the results.

*Just got the gree tokens to test it all. =)

As far as I know, nothing has changed at all. Can cross our fingers for KotFE, but I am not terribly optimistic, since the devs haven't addressed this since 2013.

• 1 month later...