Give. Bioware. Time.

pppgggr

I've been hearing constant complaints about Bioware and the game itself. I'm not going to lie here; I've made some of these complaints myself. Once I gave myself time to think it over, however, I realized that there's no point in being irritated. You people need to know that this is Bioware's -FIRST MMO-. They're still learning how to do it. It takes time to learn how to make sufficient patches on the first try, or to polish the game to a certain degree. As store-shelf game designers, Bioware is used to being able to fix a mistake a long while after's it's made because they notice during the development and testing process. In a video game, you have at least a couple of months of testing. In a mmo, they're rushing to put the patch out(Here, I'm not talking about the actual game, just the patch. Bioware had several months of BETA to test it). Until Bioware learns some of these skills needed to run an MMO, we will notice some issues.

On top of inexperience, Bioware is also having issues with both EA and the Mass Effect 3 ending. EA has rushed them to complete both TOR and Mass Effect 3 on time in order to compete with other titles as is what happens when you have another company calling the shots for you. When it comes to Customer support, most of the issues people have are there simply because they've never played an MMO before. I've seen people complaining about selling something they needed and not getting a warning. That's simply how an MMO is. On top of that, TOR gets THOSANDS of help requests every day. If your ticket isn't addressed immediately, or is addressed inadequately, -BE PATIENT-. Continue asking for assistance if they failed to help you and you will get your answer eventually.

For those of you whom can't even log into the game due to crashes, I don't blame you for unsubscribing.....But if you do, and actually like the game, check back in with it eventually. Chances are, they will have fixed it.

Now then, before you say that I'm a Bioware/EA fanboy, please note that I have only ever played one Bioware game which was the original KOTOR and I preferred KOTOR II to that. When it comes to EA, I have two games by them that I don't really pay much mind.

Edited by pppgggr

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a mispost. I meant to put this in General. Could an admin please move it?

(Nevermind. I realize this is in General now. I just saw suggestion box on the general page and didnt realize that that was a sub thread, and not the actual thread I was in.)

Edited by pppgggr

Being patient is one thing. I enjoy the game but, every game company has the same problem (this includes Bioware). They never learn from those who came before them. They ALWAYS make the same mistakes because they think their version of a catastrophe is better than the other 5000 attempts. They always come up ending like this.

it doesn't matter if it is your FIRST mmo or your 100th. Companies need to do their research before making and organizing content. If multiple companies come out saying "this idea was a complete and total screw up", think of something else. BW, didn't.

Edited by -Sidac-

The problem is:

The ones that really matter usually don't even read this forum or make post in it.

That being the majority. They don't care if people dislike the game or what people think if they dislike it.

They either play or drop the game.

So if they are going to stay or quit, there is almost nothing Bioware can do about it.

And obviously by losing tons of subscribers, the majority aren't happy.

You should edit and paginate your thread. Maybe use colors. I agree with what you're saying, but your wall of text isn't going to blow up without you doing so. Edited by Anomorn

the OP reminds me of the people who used to say we can't blame MS for how poorly made the Xbox is (the original) because it's their first console. i guess those kinds of people would just accept if the tires on their Daewoo automobile fell off on the freeway because hey, we just gotta give Daewoo time to figure out how to make cars that don't do this. so i was pretty ready to dismiss the whole post, but then i read this:

Now then, before you say that I'm a Bioware/EA fanboy, please note that I have only ever played one Bioware game which was the original KOTOR and I preferred KOTOR II to that.

:rak_mad:

good god man. do you prefer the prequels, too?

Honestly they don't have time and they know it. Fair or unfair they have to stop the bleeding, entice people back, merge servers, add lots of lvl 50 content (both PvP and PvE), optimize the engine and fix all the dang bugs. The MMO market is a crowded space and you cannot push out a product and figure you have 6 months to a year to get it squared away. I have really enjoyed playing but this game is in serious trouble.

ROFL! Didnt they start working on TOR in '08? I like this game alot, but frankly Bio-ware deserves every bit of ire directed at them. Their overall execution of TOR is pathetic and whoever was/is in charge should be removed.

Launch: Be patient! Give Bioware time. The game is new!

1 Month in: Game is just a month old, let them get things fixed! Geez!

3 Months in: 1.2 is going to solve most of your problems guys, just simmer down.

4 Months in: Let them fix what gotten broken, okay? Seriously you guys just want it now.

5 Months in: 1.3 is going to have everything you're asking for. Good lord you guys complain.

6 Months in: .....?

8 Months in:....?

Bioware has no problem taking my money why shouldn't we hold them to a higher standard?

You're a wonderful part of the community.

To pay your monthly fees solely to support a company (or so it does seem), if anything Bioware should hire you. Or give you a share of their stocks in any case.

Edited by Zolexus

the OP reminds me of the people who used to say we can't blame MS for how poorly made the Xbox is (the original) because it's their first console. i guess those kinds of people would just accept if the tires on their Daewoo automobile fell off on the freeway because hey, we just gotta give Daewoo time to figure out how to make cars that don't do this. so i was pretty ready to dismiss the whole post, but then i read this:

:rak_mad:

good god man. do you prefer the prequels, too?

Yes. The KOTOR games still stand today as my favorite two games. They should have gone with KOTOR III, but TOR is good enough for me.

You're a wonderful part of the community.

To pay your monthly fees solely to support a company (or so it does seem), if anything Bioware should hire you. Or give you a share of their stocks in any case.

I actually enjoy the game. I'm just willing to wait through some of the bugs.

Sure, BW gets all the time they want to come up with updates. Why the rush? As we know gamers and the game industry is a very warm, forgiving and selfless community.

Sarcasm aside, many won't pay for the waiting time. And 15$ for making pleads in this forum BW does not care or reply to is simply not worth the money.

Yes. The KOTOR games still stand today as my favorite two games. They should have gone with KOTOR III, but TOR is good enough for me.

i was referring to your preference for KOTOR II over KOTOR I.

the OP reminds me of the people who used to say we can't blame MS for how poorly made the Xbox is (the original) because it's their first console

You are kinding making the OP's point for them. Xbox outsold Wii and Playstation this year for the first time, playstations network has been hacked multiple times while the Xbox has remained steady and with the new pricing model Xbox is set to break new sales records. If you had patience with MS the Xbox is now the frontrunner in consoles. See how that works?

Sure, BW gets all the time they want to come up with updates. Why the rush? As we know gamers and the game industry is a very warm, forgiving and selfless community.

Sarcasm aside, many won't pay for the waiting time. And 15$ for making pleads in this forum BW does not care or reply to is simply not worth the money.

I've seen several Bioware posts, and the bugs aren't making the game unplayable unless you're crashing when you log in, in which case unsubscribing would make sense.

i was referring to your preference for KOTOR II over KOTOR I.

KOTOR II isn't a prequel then....XD. KOTOR II was set after Revan was gone. I paid close attention to that story. It was a sequel. And yes, I love it over KOTOR. It had better characters and story development.

Edited by pppgggr

Is ok to give a company time but you cant expect people that dislike something to keep paying for it until it hopefully becomes better. I like parts of the game so far and thats why I am ok with waiting and keep paying them but the moment I get bored I'll just pack and leave. Its natural and nothing wrong with it.

Besides they did a lot of mistakes like not releasing a LFG system on launch or competitive pvp (rank WZ) see if this was like LOTR where the focus is mainly pve and pve fans get attracted to it then it should be ok right? but they tried to pleased EVERYONE from the world pvpers, instance pvpers,pve,explorers,questers,etc etc and fell short on everything from the exception of the story junkies (yes I love the class missions and cinematic storytelling missions) but some other people just like pvp or worl pvp or big immersive world ( I still cant believe Bioware pulled the static wallp[aper background in the sky , thats just breaks immersion like crazy.

L2Paragraph

And I am giving them time. I unsubbed and will possibly come back if it seems they get things together.

Since I can't group up very often in SW as things are now I will be playing Diablo solo mode. Amounts to the same thing.

You are kinding making the OP's point for them. Xbox outsold Wii and Playstation this year for the first time, playstations network has been hacked multiple times while the Xbox has remained steady and with the new pricing model Xbox is set to break new sales records. If you had patience with MS the Xbox is now the frontrunner in consoles. See how that works?

wait, so i should have bought something with a greater than 50% failure rate because 6 years later they made something else with similar problems? that they sold more units this year than the other two, after finally managing to make a console that turns on is meaningless to the original point. we don't have to have patience with incompetence, because as with the xbox, when a bunch of idiots kept rebuying the same console over and over again when theirs broke, MS took from that experience the lesson that they could make a next-gen console with the same hardware failure rate and still make out fine.

I would have to say being patient most certainly is ONE thing. It is another for poor customer service and their in-ability to properly fix bugs without causing new ones or bringing old bugs back. I can say this simply because I HAVE been patient. The worst bug I had EVER ran into, and lucky for Bioware I seem to have been the only one unless those others have already unsubscribed (and I do not blame them), would be when I was unable to continue my class quest.

I had not been able to progress this quest because the quest itself had completely disappeared. When I say disappeared I mean I could not reset or pick it up or anything. There was nothing in my quest log and I could not return to any spot where it would be next or where I had already gone. The worst part was I was PATIENT I waited and gave them every little detail about what had happened that you could imagine.

They could NOT fix it and kept asking for the same information over and over and over. Eventually I got fed up and deleted my character and started over. To top it off, because there are too many servers I have also played this character for the third time and started over because I had to change servers because there are so few players these days. This is excluding the amount of time I spent on this class in the beta to help bug test it.

I am still around and giving Bioware a chance, but not many people have the kind of patience I do. And those who know MMO's know that even with a fresh MMO game from companies who haven't ever made one before know that they tend to be on their game when correcting bugs than Bioware has been thus far. So giving Bioware time can only go so far.