Maybe it is ranked warzones that need some work?

Cilas

So, all of the buff <insert class here> threads out there have a common theme...... They all seem to say that you can have fun in regular warzones but no one will take you in rated due to composition issues.

I don't really have a solution, mainly noticing a trend. Anyone else notice this or have suggestions? HOPEFULLY a new warzone will require us to bring in these different advanced classes.. The more warzones we have that are different, the more diverse and prepared our rated teams will have to be since we can't choose to queue for huttball

EDIT:

Suggestions--

1) add a daily and weekly quest for rated warzones. PvEers have several daily and weekly quests for different difficulty flashpoints and operations

2) slightly off topic, but add a daily and/or weekly for player kills in open world

3). Change terrain or add different mechanics in rated pvp to add variety and make them more challenging

Edited by Cilas

Here's the problem with RWZ: competition.

It's more fun for premades to dominate PUGs in regular warzones than it is to queue up for RWZ and face the possibility of losing. Fact.

Oh the most typical response for a pug who solo queues and...well not going to get into it.

My average night consists of grouping with 1-3 buddies in hopes of getting 4 more players online to run ranked and then hoping that a queue pops.

It's more fun for premades to dominate PUGs in regular warzones than it is to queue up for RWZ and face the possibility of losing. Fact.

I actually prefer the competition that normally comes with ranked. However tired of facing the same 4-5 guilds... and so are they. It's come to the point to where we normally just do team mash-ups with others guilds just for something more competitive. They all feel the same way I do... lack of competition variety... One guild dominates and the rest of us are just a step behind them. Those matches are fun... the first 20 times. Very competitive but it's the same people... there is no variety.

A huge reason I promote competition is because myself and the other guilds who are doing rated crave it. We need variety.

Besides this and back on topic... I personally think rated needs more rewards to encourage people to get involved and match making based on rated ranking average throughout the team. Won't be perfect but it couldn't hurt.

I'd also like to see a leaderboard on display in some way. Something for bragging rights... I think that would further promote competition.

Well it couldn't hurt anything.

It's an easy solution to perhaps a more complicated problem but it couldn't hurt.

PvEers have several daily and weekly missions for various difficulty operations, flash points, and world bosses.

Why not give us a daily and weekly for ranked, daily and weekly for regs, and a daily and weekly for player kills in open world? You can lower the rewards for each so it doesn't change how fast people gear up...

This crossed my mind... I like it.

Now just need something to deter the people who exploit rated as is.

If you add dailies and weeklies, odds are more people will queue and it will be a little harder to exploit. If they ever so cross server queues it would be that much harder

I actually prefer the competition that normally comes with ranked. However tired of facing the same 4-5 guilds... and so are they. It's come to the point to where we normally just do team mash-ups with others guilds just for something more competitive. They all feel the same way I do... lack of competition variety... One guild dominates and the rest of us are just a step behind them. Those matches are fun... the first 20 times. Very competitive but it's the same people... there is no variety.

A huge reason I promote competition is because myself and the other guilds who are doing rated crave it. We need variety.

Besides this and back on topic... I personally think rated needs more rewards to encourage people to get involved and match making based on rated ranking average throughout the team. Won't be perfect but it couldn't hurt.

I'd also like to see a leaderboard on display in some way. Something for bragging rights... I think that would further promote competition.

The game needs ranked queues that give you the opportunity to accept the team your being asked to play against, unless its a tournament.

If I don't want to play Team Awesome Ranked Team 1. Then I can refuse as the leader so that my group can play a match we think we can win. If we want to give it a try against team awesome we can. Its the only way to encourage players to participate in ranked queues.

You need to allow ranked teams to get experience in ranked queues. Putting a team with 5 guys with zero rank some in bm gear who have to accept a 20 minute face stomping is never ever going to not develop a ranked queue ever. If you are tier 1 you'll still be playing the same guys except in tournaments or if you go with some randoms. But this will hopeful if given some time produce more tier 1ish players willing and able to fight tier 1 teams.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

If it is a face stomping it wouldn't be 20 minutes, more like 5-9.

Giving that option means team awesome #1 wouldn't get the chance to play much. You can bet most people would wimp out at not go against them (unless it is team almost as awesome #2)

Fact: it takes much more time to set up ranked with proper classes and people that have the proper gear, most times our guild has to work with other guilds to even get a pop. Rank DOES NOT EQUAL regular WZ's for groups. It's ranked and for organized teams that want ranked items and bragging rights.

Fact : Regular warzones don't belong to solo players...It's for everyone.

I could go on but getting through to these types are a waste of time. they just want easy mode death match with out responsibility of TEAM play on a MMO

A big bright Nar Shaddaa-style Ranked Team Leaderboard hovering over the fleet cantina. It can even be RP-friendly, with a WWII-style news ticker displaying updates from the front lines.

Edited by Varinm

A big bright Nar Shaddaa-style Ranked Team Leaderboard hovering over the fleet cantina. It can even be RP-friendly, with a WWII-style news ticker displaying updates from the front lines.

Pretty much what I see in my head. The bigger and brighter the better and put it in more than one location.

While this would be cool (and I totally support it) I'm sure it would come down to allocation of resources, and I would rather see another warzone.. Besides, on our server the top few rated teams are pretty much undisputed at this point without needing an official leader board.

Another idea/suggestion: What about altering the warzone maps slightly for rated? In pve, the boss fights have different mechanics based on difficulty, why not have the maps change slightly as well in rated? For example, in a Novato coast, whoever is defending has at least 2 of the turrets gets a slight damage/healing output debuff (you're currently winning, why not make it a little more challenging)

Fact: it takes much more time to set up ranked with proper classes and people that have the proper gear, most times our guild has to work with other guilds to even get a pop. Rank DOES NOT EQUAL regular WZ's for groups. It's ranked and for organized teams that want ranked items and bragging rights.

Fact : Regular warzones don't belong to solo players...It's for everyone.

I could go on but getting through to these types are a waste of time. they just want easy mode death match with out responsibility of TEAM play on a MMO

/thread

Not really. This was about 5th on my demotivation to do ranked list. The ones ahead of it:

1) queues too long

2) too difficult to get 7 people together to do ranked to start with - much less anything reembling a good combination for the team.

3) actual rating system is broken insofar as making competitive matchups.

4) no cross server queuing would make #3 (if fixed) difficult to happen to begin with.

Seriously, if there were single ranked queues, I'd do them. Bioware continues to fail at their implementation of ranked warzones. Longest preseason ever.

Edited by islander

Queues are long because only like 2 or 3 groups queue anymore.. So you have to wait until one set of two is out to get a pop. I imagine matching ratings is a similar problem, too few teams playing to actually make use of that.

So how do we fix that? How do we get a lot more players into rated? See original post for suggestions.

Think about it, hundreds of people went to ilum every day. Now that our daily and weekly is gone for ilum, it is usually a graveyard.

Queues are long because only like 2 or 3 groups queue anymore.. So you have to wait until one set of two is out to get a pop. I imagine matching ratings is a similar problem, too few teams playing to actually make use of that.

So how do we fix that? How do we get a lot more players into rated? See original post for suggestions.

Think about it, hundreds of people went to ilum every day. Now that our daily and weekly is gone for ilum, it is usually a graveyard.

I think the only thing they can do is put cross server queues in the game and I do not see them doing that...ever.

I think the only thing they can do is put cross server queues in the game and I do not see them doing that...ever.

I was hopeful that they were still working on it because of the high demand from the PvP community. Couldn't find an interview or comment made by anyone in the dev team more recent than March... :mad:

Unfortunately, you may be right and I think they've abandoned it completely.

Which brings us back full circle to my point. It's easier/more fun to just take 4 players and faceroll PUGs in normal PvP. Even if you do manage to get a decent team together, there's:

1) Long queue times for RWZ. Your group can often get 3-4 normal queues while waiting for a single ranked match.

2) When a RWZ match finally does begin, more often than not, it's the same team who either A) facerolls your team or B) you faceroll them. It's rarely a competitive match in my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Let's just be honest. RWZ has one purpose: for PvP guilds to queue up 16 players and trade wins to gear up faster. That's really about the only practical use for them.

naw, easy fix is just to add another daily/weekly for us. ppl that want gear will do rated so they can get more comms and ppl that have gear will enjoy that undergeared people are queuing