Adding self made aug slots to gear

Darwarhammer

Hello,

If this post is covered in another thread I apologize but I could not find it. My character is a GUNSLINGER and I am only level 37 but my Armortech skill is 400, My Underworld trading is 400 and my Scavenging is 400. I can make the MK1 thru 4 augs at this time. I can't make the 5 or 6 ones because I can't get the slicing parts I need. Sorry I was rambling. I made some Orange gear for myself and they do not have an aug slot (no crit when I made them). When I go to a Modification unit I have to select add an augment option and then it wants me to buy the slot. I have already crafted the aug slot kit. How do I add the aug slot using the aug kit that I created?

Thanks,

Zinar

Yep. There are basically 3 things involved with augmenting -- a kit, a fee to attach the kit and create a slot, and an augment to go into the kit. Whether you've crafted the kit or bought the kit doesn't matter.

Don't forget to have the augmentation kit in your backpack or whatever. It can't be in your cargo bay or you'll be unable to successfully augment your gear.

Weird that augments are the only thing that works this way. Everything else works just fine if you have the mats in your cargo bay.

When you first add an augment kit to an item you have to use the augment kit drop down menu on the crafting table window to select the tier for any kit past tier 1. By default it shows MK 1. So, If you want to add a MK 4 augment slot you have to manually select MK 4 from the Add Augment Slot drop-down menu. Edited by MorgonKara