Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post Windows 10 Update problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BarryGK
05.15.2017 , 06:40 PM | #1
Windows did a "dev update" this weekend to Windows 10. I was able to sign in and play last night (5/14), but today is different. I am able to log in, check into my server, but when I press play for the player I want to use, I get a "program stopped working" popup from windows, and the program closes. Ideas?
Anjeal Torvin

Betadurin
05.15.2017 , 07:01 PM | #2
I had the same problem. Once the Windows Update was done I've been getting "Program has stopped responding" error intermittenly. I can usually close / terminate the program and relaunch it and then it works. I've noticed it happens if I dive right into the app on booting. Waiting a bit seems to help. Still would like to know what is causing it.

OwenBrooks
05.16.2017 , 02:11 AM | #3
See if this helps - Link

EricMusco
05.16.2017 , 03:42 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

A few updates on this situation. For players that have updated Windows 10 to the Creator Edition, they can experience an issue in SWTOR that causes a crash to desktop. This seems to be primarily caused by being alt-tabbed out of the game and focusing on another window while SWTOR is open and loading.

The team is looking into fixing the problem and I will pass on updates as I have them. In the meantime there are three workarounds which have had some success.
1) Disable vsync on your video card.
2) Disable Game Mode in Windows.
3) In Windows, disable the full-screen optimization option for SWTOR.

I will pass on more information as I have it.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Liquor
05.16.2017 , 10:02 PM | #5
No issues on my 3 machines.

Only issues I have is an Intel update broke realsense and windows hello. SR300 camera doesn't work. But that's a stream issues, not a game issue.
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Möff Kilran - Sýlas - Harkún
AKA: knowmyname -=- #NerfOperatives

flygaren
05.17.2017 , 05:55 AM | #6
This is the message I get when I try to get into the game since the new windows update:

" This program encountered an internal error and will exit.
Error code: C7
Incompatible system. Please verify your system is compatible with this game."

Gaellon
05.17.2017 , 07:52 AM | #7
I've noticed it especially in the following situation:

When I start the game, in windows mode as always, the window is slightly off centre.
Then I click the button to 'maximize screen' in the top right.

If I do it directly after the game has started, it usually fixes the problem, and afterwards I can 'alt+tab' as often as I want.
If I wait a little longer, and then maximize the screen, it crashes the game.
"Always in motion the future is"

geofraynils
05.17.2017 , 09:02 AM | #8
Serveur : Mantle of the Force - Guilde : ePic'Fail - PVE HL/PVP. - Rédacteur pour le site communautaire game-guide.fr

dscount
05.17.2017 , 11:48 AM | #9
I've had very similar experience. Nvidia Geforce GTX 980.
Intel CPU, Windows 10 upgrade, frequently updated, etc. Multiple Monitors with game on my MAIN 1080.
I've upgraded the nvidia Drivers TWICE now and still didn't resolve the problem.
Gone FULLSCREEN and even FULLSCREEN Windowed.
Tried multiple combinations of configurations based on EA support and others.

Limited success. I've had to ALT-F4 a couple times during game play (Not fun when in an Operation) and have BLACK screen but hear everyone fighting and I can even cast.

I'll try these options out Eric mentioned and report back if I get any crashes.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Kyuuu
05.17.2017 , 12:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

A few updates on this situation. For players that have updated Windows 10 to the Creator Edition, they can experience an issue in SWTOR that causes a crash to desktop. This seems to be primarily caused by being alt-tabbed out of the game and focusing on another window while SWTOR is open and loading.

The team is looking into fixing the problem and I will pass on updates as I have them. In the meantime there are three workarounds which have had some success.
1) Disable vsync on your video card.
2) Disable Game Mode in Windows.
3) In Windows, disable the full-screen optimization option for SWTOR.

I will pass on more information as I have it.

-eric
wow i didnt expect bw to even acknowledge this issue let alone look into fixing, I fiqure they let it be like all the other bugs and problems in the game that gone unfixed for months/years.

That is how low my expectations are of bw.