Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lana Beniko Romance


SupremeDalek's Avatar


SupremeDalek
05.10.2017 , 05:09 AM | #1
Is anyone else having issues with the Lana Beniko romance on any of their characters because I selected all the romance interactions through the first 9 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire and selected Lana as the character I speak to privately at the end of chapter 9, but then after that I've been given no romance options in any of the conversations I've had with Lana and from what I've researched on the issue I should have?

If you have then is there a way to fix the problem or is Bioware working on a way to fix the problem?

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.10.2017 , 05:47 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeDalek View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the Lana Beniko romance on any of their characters because I selected all the romance interactions through the first 9 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire and selected Lana as the character I speak to privately at the end of chapter 9, but then after that I've been given no romance options in any of the conversations I've had with Lana and from what I've researched on the issue I should have?

If you have then is there a way to fix the problem or is Bioware working on a way to fix the problem?
First question: between when you started KotFE(1) and when you started Chapter IX, was there a patch released? If so, you're stuffed. This bug affects *EVERYONE* whose KotFE adventure is interrupted by a patch. (Simple server maintenance does not suffice to disrupt this.)

Second question: if you didn't have a patch, then you would have been presented with these options:
1. I want to talk with one of you.
2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.
Did you pick option 2? It means "I want to flirt with one of you." It does not mean "I want to talk with one of you right after I flirt with Theron."

Third question: if you picked option 2 and you picked Lana afterwards, when *that* conversation offered a [Flirt] did you pick it and get a warning about locking in a romance? If you got this and clicked CONFIRM, and you still don't have any more romantic moments with Lana - the first is some time in Chapter XIV or XV, if memory serves, and there is definitely one at the beginning of Chapter XVI - then you have an actual bug in *your* character.

(1) I think the patch has to happen after you start Chapter III and before you have the cantina conversation, but don't rely on this.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

SupremeDalek's Avatar


SupremeDalek
05.10.2017 , 06:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
First question: between when you started KotFE(1) and when you started Chapter IX, was there a patch released? If so, you're stuffed. This bug affects *EVERYONE* whose KotFE adventure is interrupted by a patch. (Simple server maintenance does not suffice to disrupt this.)

Second question: if you didn't have a patch, then you would have been presented with these options:
1. I want to talk with one of you.
2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.
Did you pick option 2? It means "I want to flirt with one of you." It does not mean "I want to talk with one of you right after I flirt with Theron."

Third question: if you picked option 2 and you picked Lana afterwards, when *that* conversation offered a [Flirt] did you pick it and get a warning about locking in a romance? If you got this and clicked CONFIRM, and you still don't have any more romantic moments with Lana - the first is some time in Chapter XIV or XV, if memory serves, and there is definitely one at the beginning of Chapter XVI - then you have an actual bug in *your* character.

(1) I think the patch has to happen after you start Chapter III and before you have the cantina conversation, but don't rely on this.
I always made sure to pick the flirt option if there was one available. Starting with chapter 10 I haven't had any romantic moments with Lana and according to what you said I should have had one a long time ago.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/hhjbP2

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.10.2017 , 07:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeDalek View Post
I always made sure to pick the flirt option if there was one available. Starting with chapter 10 I haven't had any romantic moments with Lana and according to what you said I should have had one a long time ago.
So: did you get the two options in the cantina? Did you pick option 2? Did you get the confirmation pop-up?

Where are you in the story? There are, indeed, no romantic moments (kisses, flirts, whatever) with Lana during Chapters X(10, Kaliyo), XI(11, Aric Jorgan), XII(12, Valkorion), and XIII(13, Vette/Gault). I don't remember for sure about Chapter XIV(14, Torian). Chapter XV(15) has at least one (I think), and Chapter XVI(16) definitely has at least two: one before you get on the shuttle and one right before the final fight.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

SupremeDalek's Avatar


SupremeDalek
05.10.2017 , 11:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
So: did you get the two options in the cantina? Did you pick option 2? Did you get the confirmation pop-up?

Where are you in the story? There are, indeed, no romantic moments (kisses, flirts, whatever) with Lana during Chapters X(10, Kaliyo), XI(11, Aric Jorgan), XII(12, Valkorion), and XIII(13, Vette/Gault). I don't remember for sure about Chapter XIV(14, Torian). Chapter XV(15) has at least one (I think), and Chapter XVI(16) definitely has at least two: one before you get on the shuttle and one right before the final fight.
From what I can remember I did get the confirmation pop-up, but I haven't had any romance prompts since the cantina scene.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/hhjbP2

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.11.2017 , 02:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeDalek View Post
From what I can remember I did get the confirmation pop-up, but I haven't had any romance prompts since the cantina scene.
WHERE ARE YOU IN THE STORY? (How many times do I have to ask you this?)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

SupremeDalek's Avatar


SupremeDalek
05.11.2017 , 03:05 AM | #7
I've finished Knights of the Eternal Throne.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/hhjbP2

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.11.2017 , 03:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeDalek View Post
I've finished Knights of the Eternal Throne.
Hmm. OK, that's weird. If you look at Lana in the Companions panel ("N"), does she have any notable information saying you're in a romantic relationship? Something like "You have started a romantic relationship with Lana".
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

SupremeDalek's Avatar


SupremeDalek
05.11.2017 , 04:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Hmm. OK, that's weird. If you look at Lana in the Companions panel ("N"), does she have any notable information saying you're in a romantic relationship? Something like "You have started a romantic relationship with Lana".
I believe it used to, but now it doesn't list that there anymore.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/hhjbP2

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.11.2017 , 07:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeDalek View Post
I believe it used to, but now it doesn't list that there anymore.
OK, time to make an in-game ticket. (Unless you deliberately broke off the relationship by reuniting with a returned love interest - Kaliyo, Aric Jorgan, Vette, or Torian would be the obvious possibilities because they show up before the next romance point, but once they are there, there isn't, it is said, any more smooching with them.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.