Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lana Beniko Romance bug.

Manorion
02.14.2016 , 10:00 AM | #1
Romanced with Lana my Sith Assasin since Shadow of Revan Prelude. I had many times flirt options with her through 8 Chapters, and used it all. But in Chapter 9 I didn't had that choice, just "Friend Zone" dialoque from unknown reason. I restarted that Chapter two times and still nothing. I could try to romance with Theron to see if I can, in that way, continue romance with Lana, but if there's any way for you to fix this, I'll be greatful. I can't even start Chapter X without it, so please, do something.

kladza
02.17.2016 , 05:43 AM | #2
On all my characters I got to romance her on chapter 9. But that was before 4.1, maybe its a bug or maybe you made wrong choice and dont have a lot of influence with her. Try it on another character with different choices and see if you still have that problem, if you do its probably a bug.
get free subscription and other unique rewards: http://www.swtor.com/r/xy5qnv

Shidan
02.17.2016 , 04:48 PM | #3
evelynchk said they had luck resetting the quest. I haven't yet had the chance to try it, but maybe give it a shot?
Proud Member of the 367

Autumnsoldier
04.23.2017 , 06:30 PM | #4
I learned this trick in another thread:

I too was choosing flirt options with Lana. When the mission "Relax in the Cantina" came around, there were no flirt options available to talk with her. Only normal choices to talk with either Theron, Koth or Lana.

I restarted the chapter, and this time I chose every flirt option available when talking with Theron. Then when doing the Cantina mission, I now had the choice to normally talk with one of them, or [flirt] talk with one of them. From there, I was able to flirt with Lana, and lock in the romance.

Swedguy
05.18.2017 , 01:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Autumnsoldier View Post
I learned this trick in another thread:

I too was choosing flirt options with Lana. When the mission "Relax in the Cantina" came around, there were no flirt options available to talk with her. Only normal choices to talk with either Theron, Koth or Lana.

I restarted the chapter, and this time I chose every flirt option available when talking with Theron. Then when doing the Cantina mission, I now had the choice to normally talk with one of them, or [flirt] talk with one of them. From there, I was able to flirt with Lana, and lock in the romance.
Hang on, so you replayed the chapter, flirted with Theron and then you decided to talk to Lana, and then you got the flirt option with her? I tried that and didn't get it, so I would imagine I missed a flirt option while playing through the story normally and as a result never got to romance Lana.

SupremeDalek
05.19.2017 , 03:09 AM | #6
I've been having the same problem on my sith sorcerer character. I sent an in-game ticket about the problem and the response they sent said they've identified the bug and will fix it in a future update. Not sure how long that will be though.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/hhjbP2

Swedguy
05.19.2017 , 04:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeDalek View Post
I've been having the same problem on my sith sorcerer character. I sent an in-game ticket about the problem and the response they sent said they've identified the bug and will fix it in a future update. Not sure how long that will be though.
Did they say anything about how this bug will be fixed? As in, how will they know who should have the romance active?

SupremeDalek
05.19.2017 , 05:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
Did they say anything about how this bug will be fixed? As in, how will they know who should have the romance active?
No specifics. It was a pretty generic reply.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/hhjbP2

SteveTheCynic
05.19.2017 , 09:10 AM | #9
There are multiple things going on:
1. If you start Chapter III, and there is a patch between then and when you arrive in the cantina, you lose the [Flirt] option in the cantina. No questions, it's a bug, and it was a bug back when 4.0 came out in October 2015. At present, there is no known remedy for this, although some people have reported success in cancelling the conversation and then re-playing Chapters I to VIII on a different difficulty than before.

2. If you don't get patch-slapped, you will, if you do things correctly (flirt at all opportunities, etc.) then in the cantina you will be offered a weird-looking choice:
1. I want to talk with one of you.
2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.

Immediately before this, you were talking to Theron. While this dialogue wheel is waiting for your response, the camera is looking at you from behind Theron's shoulder, with Koth off-camera to the right, Theron on the left-hand side of the screen, and Lana mostly hidden behind Theron.

THIS IS NOT A FLIRT WITH THERON.

It is not saying "I want to talk with one of you right after I flirt with Theron".

It is saying "I want to flirt with one of you."

Pick 2 at this point, pick the one you want to to the wild thing with in the next dialogue wheel (if you get offered that - if you flirted only with Lana before this, you'll go directly to what follows), and then you get the "critical" flirt conversation that locks in the romance. There will be a warning popup if you reach this point, but remember that the Esc key is your friend if you fumble it during this conversation.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Swedguy
05.19.2017 , 03:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
There are multiple things going on:
1. If you start Chapter III, and there is a patch between then and when you arrive in the cantina, you lose the [Flirt] option in the cantina. No questions, it's a bug, and it was a bug back when 4.0 came out in October 2015. At present, there is no known remedy for this, although some people have reported success in cancelling the conversation and then re-playing Chapters I to VIII on a different difficulty than before.

2. If you don't get patch-slapped, you will, if you do things correctly (flirt at all opportunities, etc.) then in the cantina you will be offered a weird-looking choice:
1. I want to talk with one of you.
2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.

Immediately before this, you were talking to Theron. While this dialogue wheel is waiting for your response, the camera is looking at you from behind Theron's shoulder, with Koth off-camera to the right, Theron on the left-hand side of the screen, and Lana mostly hidden behind Theron.

THIS IS NOT A FLIRT WITH THERON.

It is not saying "I want to talk with one of you right after I flirt with Theron".

It is saying "I want to flirt with one of you."

Pick 2 at this point, pick the one you want to to the wild thing with in the next dialogue wheel (if you get offered that - if you flirted only with Lana before this, you'll go directly to what follows), and then you get the "critical" flirt conversation that locks in the romance. There will be a warning popup if you reach this point, but remember that the Esc key is your friend if you fumble it during this conversation.
Hang on, if I replay chapters 1 to 9 of KOTFE on Veteran mode, I can get my Lana romance? And after I've played chapter 9, can I go straight to chapter 1 of KOTET without playing all the other KOTFE chapters up until 16?