Any update in the Roadmap? What about 5.5?

RevorteX

Dear developers,

I know you had a lot of trouble the past couple of weeks due to certain weather issues and problems,and I hope everything worked out after all for the team.

So on to pressing matters:

1.Any news on how the Roadmap will pan out the following month/months?

2.Any news on the pending 5.5 update? We thought it will come out in September.

3.Any news on more class balancing?

4.Any news on returning companions? Some of us are eagerly waiting for certain companions.

If you give us a little hints on these notions,it would be great,cuz we are impatient to hear something. You were rather silent lately,which is understandable due to unforseen issues. Please let us know in a brief post,what is the direction.

Thank you!

Edited by RevorteX

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought the roadmap would have been here by now as it's almost been three weeks since Keith said, "a few weeks more" But nah!

I guess it'll be here when it will. Hopefully soon enough as we're almost halfway through September.

Look what happened the last time they rushed something out the door. The servers were down for 12 hours and we had 3 maintenance periods inside of a week.

Hear my words! I, Prophet of the Sith Order, have foreseen that the Roadmap shall be released on the 14th day of the 9th month! Let it be known...

(I have no idea why but I very strongly feel the roadmap will be released tomorrow, in which we also will learn the date for 5.5 and subsequent patches like in the last roadmap!)

Hear my words! I, Prophet of the Sith Order, have foreseen that the Roadmap shall be released on the 14th day of the 9th month! Let it be known...

(I have no idea why but I very strongly feel the roadmap will be released tomorrow, in which we also will learn the date for 5.5 and subsequent patches like in the last roadmap!)

Oh,mighty prophet of the Sith Order,may your words be heard and may your prediction come true!

I do not expect a real roadmap anymore.

Anything we will get is a small information update about the "new" things that come in the next few weeks and these things will be:

- one or two new bosses in the new operation

- double cxp event

- more ******** class balance that will force more players to unsub

sorry for being sarcastic but I dont have hope that there will be more.

I do not expect a real roadmap anymore.

Anything we will get is a small information update about the "new" things that come in the next few weeks and these things will be:

- one or two new bosses in the new operation

- double cxp event

- more ******** class balance that will force more players to unsub

sorry for being sarcastic but I dont have hope that there will be more.

Their silence over the past month or two is allegedly a testament to keeping their heads down and working on the Roadmap, so it damn well better be good and thorough, and outline a lot of new content in the near future...

Their silence over the past month or two is allegedly a testament to keeping their heads down and working on the Roadmap, so it damn well better be good and thorough, and outline a lot of new content in the near future...

I really hope you are right.

I am patient they will release something big at least at the end of this year which will bring people back

Note1 to Keith:

it is now 104 days since your last roadmap update.

Note2 to Keith:

When publishing a quarterly roadmap (which honestly.. "quarterly" is NOT a best practice for road maps), best to include a commitment date for when you will publish the next quarterly update. ;) A best practice in this regard is to figure out when you think you will be able to publish a new roadmap, add some buffer time to it, and then state that you will release the new road map "on or before, <insert date+buffer_time>"

Why? Because as I am sure you are aware... any absence of information or any uncertainty causes much hyperbole, misrepresentation, and doomsday talk from some players in the forum. While much of it is complete and utter nonsense.... as Producer... you do still have an obligation to try to mitigate it with facts so as to squelch some of the non-facts in the forum discussion.

Personally, I still prefer you make one roadmap and make it a living document that shifts and revises as your plans shift and revise. But even then.. it still needs a tag line that indicates when to expect the next update (a specific week... some some vague quarterly reference.

Edited by Andryah

They're probably still having meetings about previous meetings. Or they're waiting on the EA execs to reply to the email with the roadmap draft attached. Then they'll have another meeting once they get it back with all the redactions.

I imagine the EA execs don't take much notice of any emails from the SWTOR basement division anymore.

Keith likely has to mark every one of them with "RE: CARTEL MARKET" before they even consider reading it.

I hope you are correct...it's starting to feel very quiet around here...

I find it very worrisome that they cannot even provide a rough update on a rough roadmap schedule.

I have the feeling that they have nothing to report. And that's why they remain silent.

Isn't this entirely unfair on their behalf, let alone Keith's. It has been a while, and ofc I could be wrong, but I think the last roadmap came out on time. There had even been threads started whining about how Keith's first road map was set back.

As far as I can see it, the game is still in perfectly capable hands, and any of Keith's road maps no matter how "small" will have us loads better off.

Small steps guys, Rome wasn't built in a day, last road map was okay, and I very much doubt this second one will be terrible, at least bad enough for people to sh** all over.

Isn't this entirely unfair on their behalf, let alone Keith's. It has been a while, and ofc I could be wrong, but I think the last roadmap came out on time. There had even been threads started whining about how Keith's first road map was set back.

As far as I can see it, the game is still in perfectly capable hands, and any of Keith's road maps no matter how "small" will have us loads better off.

Small steps guys, Rome wasn't built in a day, last road map was okay, and I very much doubt this second one will be terrible, at least bad enough for people to sh** all over.

I still have faith in Keith, but I'm sorry...this summer of nerfs has devastated this game. We've seen a nearly 50% drop in raiding due to his nerfs...the damage caused was unnecessary in every freaking way.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because I agree, he's the best thing to happen to the games management in literally years, but...the face plant he did this summer with the nerfs was unnecessary and damaging and it hasn't been addressed yet...it needs to be.

• Dev Post
Dear developers,

I know you had a lot of trouble the past couple of weeks due to certain weather issues and problems,and I hope everything worked out after all for the team.

So on to pressing matters:

1.Any news on how the Roadmap will pan out the following month/months?

2.Any news on the pending 5.5 update? We thought it will come out in September.

3.Any news on more class balancing?

4.Any news on returning companions? Some of us are eagerly waiting for certain companions.

If you give us a little hints on these notions,it would be great,cuz we are impatient to hear something. You were rather silent lately,which is understandable due to unforseen issues. Please let us know in a brief post,what is the direction.

Thank you!

Provide you with updates, I can!

1. The roadmap is still in progress. We have been shuffling some things around with respect to 5.5 and 5.6 and we need that to settle before we can let you know exactly what is coming and when.
  2. It was our plan to put out Game Update 5.5 in late September but we have made the decision to move it into early October (currently 10/10). We did this to allow us more time to focus in on quality for our Game Updates to avoid some of the issues we had with 5.4.
  3. Class balance is still planned for 5.5. I expect I will start putting out those details starting next week.
  4. We know returning Companions is something there is great interest in. As soon as we have an announcement on any Companions coming back in a Game Update, you will be the first to know!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

1. The roadmap is still in progress. We have been shuffling some things around with respect to 5.5 and 5.6 and we need that to settle before we can let you know exactly what is coming and when.
  2. It was our plan to put it out in late September but we have made the decision to move it into early October (currently 10/10). We did this to allow us more time to focus in on quality for our Game Updates to avoid some of the issues we had with 5.4.
  3. Class balance is still planned for 5.5. I expect I will start putting out those details starting next week.
  4. We know this is something there is great interest in. As soon as we have an announcement on any Companions coming back in a Game Update, you will be the first to know!

-eric

Oh wow, that's a frustratingly long wait for anything to happen. Will we see the Roadmap before 10/10?

In any case, thanks for the update!

2. It was our plan to put it out in late September but we have made the decision to move it into early October (currently 10/10). We did this to allow us more time to focus in on quality for our Game Updates to avoid some of the issues we had with 5.4.
  4. We know this is something there is great interest in. As soon as we have an announcement on any Companions coming back in a Game Update, you will be the first to know!

-eric

Put "what" out exactly? the next patch, the roadmap, cookies and milk????? Please be more specific and less cryptic with responses. All it does it get people even more worked up.

And one other thing I feel it is appropriate to receive comment on ---> after the serious issues with the last patch, I do feel it would be both prudent and warranted to have Keith come in and give us an outline of what exactly the studio is doing to insure a better rollout result with the next patch. Why and how will the next patch be less troublesome for players exactly? Players deserve to have the broad brush strokes around quality addressed by the games Producer. The absence of this sort of transparency leaves players to foment and create their own negative narratives about what the studio is/is-not doing in terms of new content, quality of content, and timeliness of content release.

Edited by Andryah